Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
Not to mention praise a company that has zero manufacturing in the US. While Tesla is building mega factories.

Apple is just starting to catch on now and build in Arizona. Maybe Tim should have listened to Trump in 2017
100% agree i honestly use macrumors for updates and questions but yah the fanboyism and almost npc like level of hordes in here is crazy

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Even Trump has rejected Twitter. Nothing is more pleasing than watching Musk flush $44 Billion down the toilet.
I thought part of his Truth Social deal is that he cannot post comments on any other platform or at least do it on Truth Social first. Otherwise he puts their IPO in jeopardy and would owe even more money than he currently owes. Trump wouldn't reject any platform that could collect him more money from dummies unless it could harm his finances further.

Reactions: JCrz

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
anywho it doesn’t matter
Trump likely legally *can’t* go back to Twitter. If he leaves Truth Social it dies, and his investors wouldn’t be happy, so they probably made him sign a contract saying he wouldn’t return if he could.

Not sure what Schiller’s mad about, all he does is lie for a living, like every other marketer.
he can his deal is his first post must exclusively be on Truth Social then shared to other accounts if he wants to. Honestly it’s his choice I have tried truth social and it’s been pretty good for what it does and since videos are handled by Rumble the quality has been better since; i’m just waiting for more tech people to start using multiple social sites than just twitter alone would happily follow on Gab, Minds , Truth Social for tweet like post

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2022
Someone spends 40+ billion on a company with plans to overhaul it, has it for less than a month and people think things should be running smoothly already. I’d laugh, but it’s sad this is what people expect nowadays.

You don’t build a new house on a cracked foundation. It will probably be this time next year until things are going just as planned (with whatever vision Elon has) or until we witness true signs of the “death of Twitter”

As I’ve said in previous Twitter threads, I haven’t been on Twitter in 6 years and I am not a fan or a hater of Elon. I just think people are funny in thinking Elon cleaning house at Twitter HQ is gonna happen overnight and without complete chaos.

Update: Forgot why I started yapping in the first place. Bye, Phil. Some will miss your presence there and I’m sure many won’t.

Last edited:

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
First, how exactly do you know the religious breakdown of Twitter users is >50% atheist? Second, the implication that one needs religion in order to have a moral code is absurd.
he probably got it from reddit you know the cringe of the internet with the fedora hat atheist

• Wow
Reactions: Lcgiv and 1557750

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Trump likely legally *can’t* go back to Twitter. If he leaves Truth Social it dies, and his investors wouldn’t be happy, so they probably made him sign a contract saying he wouldn’t return if he could.

Not sure what Schiller’s mad about, all he does is lie for a living, like every other marketer.
Apple marketing is one thing but Apple marketing on Twitter is something else. Elon seems intent on turning Twitter into a wasteland full of "free speech" with no value to advertisers and users. Apple's probably shifting away from Twitter along with the rest of companies that want to protect their brand.

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
The ultimate question is if Apple itself, along with other major players, leave Twitter. Many companies do not want to be associated with toxic brands. Advertisers are fleeing en masse and allowing controversial people back on the platform is just asking for further trouble. Of course, Apple (and Google) could cripple Twitter by removing it from their App Stores for content issues.

There are additional questions as to where Musk got his financing. Which banks? Which wealthy individuals? What foreign countries? Russian banks? Peter Thiel? The Kochs? Saudi Arabia? China? They all have reasons to help fund Twitter and change it to a more friendly platform for their benefit. Follow the money, always.

Investors will also have a say once the opening bell on Wall Street rings Monday. Expect a bloodbath as big institutional players drop Tesla from their holdings.

Last edited:

Sciomar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
How courageous of him. Getting a lot of NPC vibes from this site.

71ic4c.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.