Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
not to be rude, but the obsession with Twitter is strange., junky and worthless post people do........Isn't that what tick-tock "yuck" is these days?
I agree…??? Haha. I don’t actually understand your post so it’s not rude, even if it is… and I don’t mind at all if it is. Also I’m not sure what tiktok yuck is. Is that a type of video on TT?

I think my view on Twitter is one that comes from happiness. Social media has been shown from many studies to not improve happiness, but do the exact opposite.

One could say this forum somewhat functions in the same way as social media… and I think one could be a little right. MRs getting rid of the social forums was great. But now they have allowed the deep dive into Twitter and we ALL have our very important to pretty much nobody but ourselves view on it!

I thank you for the acuity and shall finish my posting on this thread.

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
I’m not pretending anything. The margin to flip 3 battleground states and entirely change the electoral college outcome was only 43,000 votes. The popular vote is entirely meaningless…
Clearly the popular vote is meaningful, if not directly determinative.

There is no "margin to flip." The election is long over and certified. Biden won. Pretending otherwise doesn't make it happen, just like Trump getting on the phone and begging Brad Raffensperger to "find" him 11,780 votes didn't make that happen in Georgia either.

You say "Twitter interfered." Really? How? Show your work.

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2020
They uncovered the goblin armory.

A corporation that needs to dress their employees in propaganda hints at a scary problem.

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 9.41.36 AM.png

Last edited:

ceriess

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Twitter is no longer on the market though so how can it still be
Twitter is no longer on the market though so how can it still be?
It’s simple. Twitter is a black hole
Twitter is no longer on the market though so how can it still be?
Simple. Twitter is a financial black hole and massive time suck for Elon. Tsla is the only company that he owns with any meat on it. The more time Elon flounders around, the more it hurts TSLA. I make lots of money when TSLA hurts. You can learn how to do it too. You’ve got this!!!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
the fewer woke anti-White Apple executives on Twitter, the better.
Curious ... how many non-White Apple executives are there really?

I count 2.
prior to 12yrs ago I'd say NONE.
So how many were anti-White being white, that in-and-of itself sound even more ridiculous.

Either way Seems like Apple just cleared their posts and waiting to see what advertisement rules will get updated then test to see how it all works.
Joz still has an active account as of Nov 22ND.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not entirely sure what you're talking about here...

Apple as a company has an official Twitter account, anything that Apple needs to communicate can be done via that platform.

Schiller's personal Twitter account is just that, personal. As an individual, he can choose to use or leave any social media platform at any time of his choosing.

He didn't announce his departure, he just left the platform. Not his business if people choose to make it news.

Better question for most of you is why it bothers you what social media an individual you don't personally know chooses to use.
FYI ... phil used that account to promote Apple product announcements, events etc. He didn't use it as a personal account until after becoming a 'Fellow of Apple" or an 'Apple Fellow"

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
Not entirely sure what you're talking about here...

Apple as a company has an official Twitter account, anything that Apple needs to communicate can be done via that platform.

Schiller's personal Twitter account is just that, personal. As an individual, he can choose to use or leave any social media platform at any time of his choosing.

He didn't announce his departure, he just left the platform. Not his business if people choose to make it news.

Better question for most of you is why it bothers you what social media an individual you don't personally know chooses to use.
You ignore the context in which Schiller deactivated the account. This personal Twitter account was often used "to promote new Apple products, services, software, and initiatives and interact with customers." Also, that personal but very public social media account reflects on his role as senior vice president of worldwide marketing at Apple.

He can deactivate or delete his personal account at any time, but he's a public figure who used personal social media as a tool for his job. In light of that blurring of personal and professional, it becomes unprofessional to take obviously political actions. He should calm down and just continue to engage while fighting the good fight, co-exist and work with the news and political figures of the day on what is still a very large and active platform.

• Haha
Reactions: Jensend

Treq

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
This post is so Crispin Glover!

I hate politics but some of the diatribes I’ve read on this thread blow my mind. There are some incredibly angry people out there. Some entitled to be and some not so much. It’s quite unfortunate that people are so invested in a bunch of crooks and liars.

Twitter is as Twitter will always be. A cesspool. Doesn’t matter who owns it. Nothing much will ultimately change.

And once again many are jumping to conclusions about why PS had jumped off Twitter. We can speculate, but ultimately in the end, we will never really know. I will say that I hope everybody follows his lead and jumps off. Less is more…
Gotta say, I do not get the Crispin Glover reference. Are you referring to Back to the future or something? Please clarify.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
You ignore the context in which Schiller deactivated the account. This personal Twitter account was often used "to promote new Apple products, services, software, and initiatives and interact with customers." Also, that personal but very public social media account reflects on his role as senior vice president of worldwide marketing at Apple.

He can deactivate or delete his personal account at any time, but he's a public figure who used personal social media as a tool for his job. In light of that blurring of personal and professional, it becomes unprofessional to take obviously political actions. He should calm down and just continue to engage while fighting the good fight, co-exist and work with the news and political figures of the day on what is still a very large and active platform.

I think people are reading way too much into this, and I hope we don’t get a new thread every time someone deletes their social media account.

Reactions: SnappleRumors

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
High profile white supremacist Nazi Stefan Molyneux has had his Twitter account unbanned and reactivated.

Welp this gets worse day by day.

Yep. I mean what are we gonna do now? I can’t use Twitter anymore to follow financial contacts or some people in tech anymore? Lol.

JapanApple

Suspended
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
I agree…??? Haha. I don’t actually understand your post so it’s not rude, even if it is… and I don’t mind at all if it is. Also I’m not sure what tiktok yuck is. Is that a type of video on TT?

I think my view on Twitter is one that comes from happiness. Social media has been shown from many studies to not improve happiness, but do the exact opposite.

One could say this forum somewhat functions in the same way as social media… and I think one could be a little right. MRs getting rid of the social forums was great. But now they have allowed the deep dive into Twitter and we ALL have our very important to pretty much nobody but ourselves view on it!

I thank you for the acuity and shall finish my posting on this thread.
Well then, to each their own. You misunderstood that is fine.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Curious ... how many non-White Apple executives are there really?

Company was founded by a half Syrian Arab and nearly all top engineers in early days like Raskin and Hertzfeld were Jewish. These are all Middle Eastern origin folks.

But then...so are Europeans. Europeans all from the Middle East and before that from Africa. Some folks in the last 200 years just don't want to accept their ancestry.

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
High profile white supremacist Nazi Stefan Molyneux has had his Twitter account unbanned and reactivated.

Yup, we have been proven right about Musk and his intentions. He’s not only been unbanning all sorts of Nazi’s, he’s banning leftist accounts that they sent him that are on their blacklist.

Musk is exactly what we said he is, and Twitter is quickly becoming 4chan.

So much for “free speech”.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
That Simpsons clip Elon posted really shines a light on the fake outrage. He was so beloved that even the far left Simpsons writers praised him at the time. He became this evil terrible man out of nowhere later on and people just parrot what the media now tells them.

Reactions: SenorWhyMe

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Yup, we have been proven right about Musk and his intentions. He’s not only been unbanning all sorts of Nazi’s
Since you replied to it with "yup" it seems you're helping spread the lie. Stefan's account is not unbanned. Why are you helping the spread of misinformation?

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016

You have been so concerned about Elon helping the spread of misinformation but here you are doing that yourself since this is a lie. Stefan is not unbanned.

Isn't it ironic.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Since you replied to it with "yup" it seems you're helping spread the lie. Stefan's account is not unbanned. Why are you helping the spread of misinformation?
I don’t know about his account in particular, but it is true that Elon has unbanned all sorts of vicious and violent white supremacists. And is banning lots of accounts being reported to him by white supremacists.

Why are you ignoring the truth about who and what Elon Musk is and what he’s doing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.