Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infobhan

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
Cambridge, MA
Everything seems to be back to normal for me now. I'm able to login after entering my new password on other devices. Still would like some explanation regarding what is going on.

Reactions: trusso

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Just happened to my partner but not me. Sucks because we’re traveling and so the stolen device protection is complicating the issue.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Nothing reported on the Apple status page.

Since my start on MacRumors I have seen several times where these forums and users on Twitter reported a major outage and then MR had an article on the front page BEFORE Apple's status page updated to report the outage. But if it's major + widespread + prolonged, then it will eventually update.

Last edited:
Reactions: katbel

cariross

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
Did anyone else get kicked off their Apple ID randomly? On April 26, 2024 at around 7:56pm EST I was working on my MacBook Pro when suddenly I got a FaceTime pop up that Apple ID had randomly signed me out and close out my messages app and asked me to go into settings which I did and told me that I was blocked?! I had to unblock it using my computer password and then reset my Apple ID password in which I had to re-sign on to all my iOS devices. Seems very fishy. Anyone else?
looks like it's happening all around. Hope it's not a hack that got any info. It took about an hour, but managed to get out of all my devices and get password changed.

Reactions: rjruiz2 and katbel

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
It just happened to me as well: a nightmare! Suddenly computer, iPad and iPhone all asking for the password and my phone #. I even thought I was hacked , couldn't use the text message as 2FA because as soon as I was opening iMessage anywhere I had to insert the password that didn't work, server error
Even my watch was asking for the password, that luckily I didn't need to enter
Worked for a long time to change and re-login everywhere even if I didn't check the logout box from everywhere
I must have had in the past once or twice to reinsert my id password but wasn't like today
I didn't know where to start first!
Maybe apple has been hacked and we had to go to hell and back 🥵

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Same here. Got all the same prompts already mentioned.

I stopped at the change password prompts.

Waiting to see if it gets corrected on Apple's server's side.
Please let us know: next time I will wait too if this was the case

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
For those who have been signed out of Apple account, I assume that you are still able to use apps and files on your devices that are not related to the Apple account? Like, if you have a text file you can still work with it, or you can use Chrome with no difference?

foshizzleyo

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
I have support on phone now.. I get a "server error" message when trying to unlock. I'll post back once we finish here...

Nevermind - call dropped..
Back on the phone now but its been a while for them to troubleshoot. So far they dont see any issues but I've told them about all the people on this forum, as well as a colleague i work with having the same problem. see attached

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    418.1 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: rjruiz2

foshizzleyo

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
For those who have been signed out of Apple account, I assume that you are still able to use apps and files on your devices that are not related to the Apple account? Like, if you have a text file you can still work with it, or you can use Chrome with no difference?
that is correct.

Reactions: antiprotest

foshizzleyo

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
Back on the phone now but its been a while for them to troubleshoot. So far they dont see any issues but I've told them about all the people on this forum, as well as a colleague i work with having the same problem. see attached
think they made it worse. I probably should have waited until they fixed their servers. They said since my account was locked; the only way for me to continue is to use the forgot password, and wait the 24-hours..

Kevincjz

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2018
the stolen id protection got triggered for me. Guess I just need to wait now…

Attachments

• IMG_5325.png
    IMG_5325.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 18

ZiinGeats

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
I reset my password, then changed from the reset to another password, and signed everything out. I then signed each item back in. I remember it saying that the reset was for security reasons when I went manually to the Apple ID site. No issues here, but that was crazy-go-nuts!

MoFishwater

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
Same here. Got verify account across all devices, including Apple TV. It paused the show we were watching on Netflix and wouldn't let it go. Managed to reset my password in between verify account prompts on a trusted device. Kinda scary. No 2FA prompt associated with the verification prompts.

Did not impact my wife's devices or her Apple ID.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Happened to me as well. I also got at least one prompt to reset my password on Saturday morning, which I denied.

Linfang

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2016
Happened to me overnight in Europe, had to reset my password and PayPal payment method. So annoying, gave me a fright.

Luposian

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2005
Aaaaand people seem to wonder why I avoid Apple ID, iCloud, biometrics, etc. as much as possible... could something like this possibly be one reason why? When you put your digital life in the hands of Apple... well, your digital life is in the hands of Apple. And they fumble now and again... and again.... and again.... and... :rolleyes:

Reactions: gusmula
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.