Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaveradam

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2023
SO... I have a different twist on this. I still have not upgraded. I waited 3 months to see if the "Early Payment" requirement went away and it has not. I have called and spoken with 7 different customer service reps and supervisors and they have given me the absolute run around. They first claimed that they had a way to "refresh" the payment system, claiming that they get update files from Citizens notifying them of what the remaining balance is in terms of months paid / months not paid. Some jerk tonight that I talked with said that there is unequivocally nothing they can do.

So, for all of us that have felt like we're getting ripped off, you're right. When Apple notifies Citizen to close out my loan and that it's been satisfied, I will likely get none of those additional three months back, and I will have also paid the additional (fraudulent in my opinion) early upgrade payment as part of my upgrade. I am tempted to contact their executive office and start throwing around the idea of posting all about this on social media (balance and info from citizens bank showing I am MORE than paid up / 15 months now) and that Apple is still saying I owe this erroneous money grab of an early upgrade payment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.