Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
Apple map prompted me adv of the other apps. I did not notice them before.

Any way of disabling them?

I had Uber app extension turn on to check for available rides.

Attached the screenshot.

Attachments

• D74A3348-5094-46A9-AEC7-8303E4A3FF8C.jpeg
    D74A3348-5094-46A9-AEC7-8303E4A3FF8C.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 140

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
DCE released in 3 German cities.
Let's not talk about how long I thought about what the heck "DCE" meant 😂 It's Friday, work kicked my butt this week, brain is on vacation 😂😂😂

That aside, looking at those cities, they look good! If I recall correctly, the announced list of cities is now complete, so I guess these three cities kick off the "pretty much anyone's guess as to what's next phase"!

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Let's not talk about how long I thought about what the heck "DCE" meant It's Friday, work kicked my butt this week, brain is on vacation

That aside, looking at those cities, they look good! If I recall correctly, the announced list of cities is now complete, so I guess these three cities kick off the "pretty much anyone's guess as to what's next phase"!

How about the entire USA?? ;)

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I don't think anyone disagrees that Google has a POI advantage over Apple Maps, but when you're not playing fair....

improvemaps

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2019
Apple’s own map data for Finland, Norway and Sweden is now officially available to everyone. Austria, which also was included in the initial test phase, isn’t included for some reason. Look Around is available nationwide in all 3 countries (not including the Åland Islands, at least for now).

improvemaps

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2019
Couldn't add a bullet point to Norway in the list of countries and cities with Look Around in the WikiPost, perhaps something strange with the formatting causing issues. Any suggestions?

improvemaps

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2019
New countries are being tested now. Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovenia according to posts on the subreddit. Austria is also being tested once again.

improvemaps

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2019
Surprised to not see Denmark being part of the test since Finland, Norway and Sweden got released to everyone last week.

Reactions: Shifts

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Surprised to not see Denmark being part of the test since Finland, Norway and Sweden got released to everyone last week.
I only hope it is because they are moving cycling directions to the forefront. It will be a big miss if they launch Denmark with "roads" only and not include or even start with cycling directions.

Benni14

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2021
Apple has started testing the new map data in Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary.

Reactions: Lexio

Benni14

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2021
I only hope it is because they are moving cycling directions to the forefront. It will be a big miss if they launch Denmark with "roads" only and not include or even start with cycling directions.
Apple did not do it for the Netherlands. So I don't believe it.

TheKerremenke

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2020
Maybe they learned their lesson from that?? 😇
No they won’t learn. Same as with Germany. First updated maps, then later time they update detailed city maps for some city’s and bicycles navigation.

That’s the way Apple rolls at the moment.

So wouldn’t count on both updated maps and bicycles navigation at the same time.

Reactions: michelmike

improvemaps

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2019
This release has more colourful 3D models than we have seen lately when it comes to expansions of the detailed city experience. Compared to a handful at most, Boston has more than 10 colourful models.

Reactions: MozMan68

TheKerremenke

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2020
This release has more colourful 3D models than we have seen lately when it comes to expansions of the detailed city experience. Compared to a handful at most, Boston has more than 10 colourful models.
Indeed compared to the 3 landmarks of the capital city Berlin in Germany it’s better.

Reactions: michelmike
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.