Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Not sure I understand your problem, the screenshots directions are pretty clear to me, go right in 320ft, followed by a left sometime after you make the first right. Apple Maps generally shows you the next two instructions (i.e) take a right and then take a left.
Ok thanks for the clarification. I thought it was wanting me to go one way then the other way haha 😂

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
Please do away the in-app advertisement. I don’t mind you post ads in App Store.

With Ride Booking extension enabled, there are two ads of new ride booking pumping out at the bottom, even I turned off the “Show Rides from New Apps”. More annoying is that when I click “Show Rides” it always pop up the two ads in additional to the Ride Bookings Apps I installed and even change my map app setting.

It makes the Ride Share option unusable given the annoying ads and the additional convenience from Map to the installed Ride Booking apps is not much.

I tried to be a loyal fan of Apple Map, awaiting the look up features to be available for my area, albeit Google Map is currently superior, and they don’t pop up two big ads while I am looking for rides!

Attachments

• IMG_8941.jpeg
    IMG_8941.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 80

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Please do away the in-app advertisement. I don’t mind you post ads in App Store.

With Ride Booking extension enabled, there are two ads of new ride booking pumping out at the bottom, even I turned off the “Show Rides from New Apps”. More annoying is that when I click “Show Rides” it always pop up the two ads in additional to the Ride Bookings Apps I installed and even change my map app setting.

It makes the Ride Share option unusable given the annoying ads and the additional convenience from Map to the installed Ride Booking apps is not much.

I tried to be a loyal fan of Apple Map, awaiting the look up features to be available for my area, albeit Google Map is currently superior, and they don’t pop up two big ads while I am looking for rides!
Use an iOS content blocker that blocks ads and has a “vpn” that should do it. I use 1Blocker and get zero ads in maps with ride share apps enabled in maps.

G1Ravage

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2018
Queens, New York, USA

Is it “advertising” various ride share companies supported in your country?

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Thanks to KickNo5073 on Reddit for letting us use the maps he has created showing coverage and native ratings areas...I've added them to the first post since he was not able to.

Reactions: G1Ravage

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
Maps refused to load for me this morning on CarPlay this morning, saying it couldn't find my location services. But Google Maps worked absolutely fine. <shrug emoji>

jpdunn13

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2022
Found this online: The main provider of map data is TomTom, but data is also supplied by Automotive Navigation Data, Getchee, Hexagon AB, IGN, Increment P, Intermap Technologies, LeadDog, MDA Information Systems, OpenStreetMap, and Waze. Apple renewed their agreement with TomTom in 2015.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Found this online: The main provider of map data is TomTom, but data is also supplied by Automotive Navigation Data, Getchee, Hexagon AB, IGN, Increment P, Intermap Technologies, LeadDog, MDA Information Systems, OpenStreetMap, and Waze. Apple renewed their agreement with TomTom in 2015.
The last link on the first post provides all of the data providers for Maps.

Shifts

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2019
Anyone else having issues with getting directions to work in Apple Maps at the moment? Located in Sweden.

rukind2

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2012
Using CarPlay, I’m unable to view Maps in 3D. When I view 3D on my iPhone, the same screen in CarPlay is 2D only. My vehicle’s native navigation permits a 3D view. Why hasn’t Apple enabled 3D using CarPlay?

G1Ravage

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2018
Queens, New York, USA
Correct. Top down/2D only view when using Maps through CarPlay.
AFAIK, there are no settings that can force that type of behavior.

Trying to think about this logically. How big is your screen? Is it oriented horizontally or vertically?

Any chance you can share some screenshots during your next drive? You can do so easily by activating Siri and saying "Take a screenshot."

michelmike

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2018
Germany
Maybe he got the same issue that I have? Since I think 15.4.4? When the Appe Maps data launched in Germany I only had the 3D view without buildings. (I had the normal view when I downgraded but I lost it again when I updated iOS)

Only when I arrive at a turn, the view changes to a top down view and eventually shows 3D buildungs. (Also weirdly when I leave the Autobahn it sometimes shows the buildungs)

I also tried that with different cars and phones and it seems like that it is the normal behaviour. Its the same with friends cars. I wanted the test it in a DCE city but they are sadly far away from the Dortmund/ Münster area.

IMG_0667.PNG

rukind2

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2012
Here is a screen shot of Maps in CarPlay, while driving. 12" Horizontal screen.

IMG_3650.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.