Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mongoos150

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
coosamatt said:
I can't wait i will have to re-decorate the hole house with apple home furnishings.....
Sweet. Red dorm rooms across America! *Please though - new PBs*

mongoos150

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
Also - all powerbooks are all shipping in 24 hrs except the superdrive 15" (1-2 days). They used to all be 1-2 days except the 12". Hmmmm.

mongoos150

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
Lacero said:
I'm wetting my pants now in frenzied, but painful stifled anticipation.... :p
Me too! Cute avatar pic Lacero - cool to have a girl as frenzied as us guys are ;)

mark6051

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2005
Australia
My Reliable sources tell me ?

That the one more thing is the Australian itunes store opening....Thats the media event of the Century as its introduction has turned out to be a white elephant for several months now..

I know, I know....better things to promote than Australian itunes....just my wishful thinking in overdrive

MovieMaker

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2005
A video iPod would be exactly up my alley. Working in the film and television industry I want video I can carry with me wherever I go, especially my demo reel of work.

Imagine for a minute what a portable video device would do:

1. Download all relevant news clips to watch on the bus to work

2. Drop into your video rental store or even a podcast vending machine and rent a rights managed movie and download it on the spot, no late fees, low cost distribution costs which will mean cheaper movies

3. It'll all but kill netflix through being able to have so many rentals per month downloadable. The video iPod would make perfect sense for downloadable movies because it will be harder to crack any DRM encryption technology

4. a video iPod can be watched in the car for the kids, or you can dock it at home to your media center and plasma HDTV, a 60GB HD would hold at least 2-3 HDTV quality movies at a time based on the MPEG4 Part 10 H.264 AVC quicktime codec

5. A video iPod on it's own would not probably be watched on the small screen, but would be a more portable device you could take with you to plug in to larger displays. No TV no problems, play your marketing/promo video to clients over lunch at a Starbucks. It's the perfect business tool, much better than carrying a laptop to a meeting

With the co-location of the UK's media event at BBC we can be sure the news will enter the days of pod casting. With Apple's securing of DRM licenses, video podcasts already online and music videos available online, the hints in Steve Job's words hint that not only would it be a video iPod, it would have to do something spectacular. I am certain that Apple has a new video based iPod that will revolutionize the way the world sees videos/tv/news etc. The technology will be new, the accessory market Apple has been changing the licensing fees for which indicates the new iPods will be cornering new media markets.

Apple has always been a multimedia centric business. A video iPod would be right in line with their business strategies. Hmm, maybe that's why the final cut pro and Mac OSX updates have been planned for this quarter, they're waiting to introduce the new video iPod connectivity tools.

Apple introduced the black iPod Nano. This strategy would make sense, as a white video iPod would make the images look washed out and you'd lose color detail in the video. I suspect the move to black is to be able to allow the dynamic colors of video to be more easily seen on an iPod. What's more the new screens in the iPod Nano seem to indicate they're messing around with the materials to find the best screen for video playback, as on earlier iPods people rarely looked at the screens. But with video they'll be watching it a lot of the time.

Just my 2 cents from the film industry in Los Angeles.

BTW they are definitely movie theatre curtains... :D:D:D

Subliving

macrumors member
May 31, 2005
Leeds, UK
thefunkymunky said:
Pretty sure it is fake man. Doesn't show on the Apple site.

I'd hasten to agree. Though it appears pretty real, it's not exactly difficult to copy another website.

That said, If it was real, I'd buy a nice new HD 17" PB. Here's to dreaming...

Subliving

crispoe

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2005
Nope its real

Subliving said:
I'd hasten to agree. Though it appears pretty real, it's not exactly difficult to copy another website.

That said, If it was real, I'd buy a nice new HD 17" PB. Here's to dreaming...

Subliving

If you goto the site http://www.zwebendesign.com/apple.com/ (the link that was posted earlier.... Click on the Itunes tab, You will get a page not found... then click on the Apple Home tab, and it will take you here...

http://apple.com:preleaseprep.html:...ak)@zwebendesign.com/apple.com/powerbook.html

Looks like an HD Powerbook kids. Still could be a good fake not sure what all that javascript means :)
:rolleyes:

carlos700

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2004
Omaha, NE
It would melt the casing to put a ATI Mobility Radeon X800 in it. Besides if the could do it, why not go with a faster NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX?

gui_dos

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2004
firebox said:
some one please tell me this is fake !!!

It is a fake. Look carefully at the image of the ATI logo (next to the NVidia's one, towards the bottom of the page) and the "9700" is still there.

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Looks like Apple messed up.

Attachments

• hd_powerbook.jpg
    hd_powerbook.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 230

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
gui_dos said:
It is a fake. Look carefully at the image of the ATI logo (next to the NVidia's one, towards the bottom of the page) and the "9700" is still there.

Yep, I noticed that too.
Also the wording on on the front page is unlike Apple: "Improved 200MHz system buses" Apple would never say "buses"
Also : "100GB HDs standard across the line" yeah right, lower end models always had smaller HDs

It is nice to dream though. :(

Mirai 11

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2005
of course its fake! different addi and sum1 did that wiv photoshop!
anyway, when does it start? cos i live in england so i not sure of the time diference, is it 6 hours??

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
SuperDA said:
of course its fake! different addi and sum1 did that wiv photoshop!
anyway, when does it start? cos i live in england so i not sure of the time diference, is it 6 hours??

I think you are in the 0 zone, and California is in the -8 zone so if event starts at 10:00 AM, it will be 6:00PM your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.