Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
I thought that they nearly always issue Visa?
Mine is a visa.
BTW. They really enabled Auto topup on my amazon LBB now.
I will try it.
But what I would mostly like would Curve to enable ApplePay. That would be the best way to still collect Cashback of miles.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
They don’t issue Visa in Germany anymore almost at all. There are only a few markets now where they do, even though they told they’re „working on giving users the choice between MasterCard and Visa“.

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I thought that they nearly always issue Visa?
Mine is a visa.
BTW. They really enabled Auto topup on my amazon LBB now.
I will try it.
But what I would mostly like would Curve to enable ApplePay. That would be the best way to still collect Cashback of miles.
Don’t think, that Curve will launch ApplePay. Apple‘s fees for AP are so high, that all revenue of Curve might be taken away if you look at their business modell. And they are by far not big enough to get a reduction.

And to think about it.... if most banks/cards support Apple Pay or mobile payment in another form, curve gets obsolete.

I canceled my Card some months ago

Reactions: Alanin

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Btw Revolut maestro is not enabled for Apple Pay :(

It should be, they’re just having some random issues for the German market currently even though somehow in Austria and Switzerland it’s working without issues.

Focalor

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2018
It should be, they’re just having some random issues for the German market currently even though somehow in Austria and Switzerland it’s working without issues.
I asked them 2 times and they told me the maestro cannot be used with Apple Pay, only the MC and Visa. Maybe this is restricted to Germany, I dont know.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
I asked them 2 times and they told me the maestro cannot be used with Apple Pay, only the MC and Visa. Maybe this is restricted to Germany, I dont know.

Well they’re simply lying. It’s only Germany right now that’s problematic. Maybe „moving“ to AT or CH for a minute would solve the issue ;)
d841a51ae4a9f8081ef15318d3eea108.jpg

Focalor

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2018
I saw those pics online too. I also saw pics of the message that maestro card was dismissed from Apple Pay "by your card issuer" (Revolut). Anyway, at least for Germany it does not work (anymore).

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Well they’re simply lying. It’s only Germany right now that’s problematic. Maybe „moving“ to AT or CH for a minute would solve the issue ;)

It's working for me... but I've never moved to AT. Have you? :cool:

revres

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
For me it’s also working with my maestro, without changing country in revolut or iPhone/Apple Watch

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Neither have I. Just thought it would be a helpful tip for those who can’t get it to work with a German address.

kuryack

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009
Slovakia
BTW. Boon has a special when you pay over 30€ you get 5% as bonus up to 3 times and up to 2,50€.
I did one of the bonus by recharging Revolut via ApplePay.

Boon has new cashback promotion until end of July, so I tried to recharge Revolut via ApplePay using Boon card. Despite transaction being declined by Boon (no idea why), I received €5 promotion. Let's see if it stays or they take it back. :)

whiteiMac2006

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2018
Germany
the German ING App has been updated in the last 24h. I‘ve just noticed that it says supports ‘Wallet’ in the app store. Has this been the case previously or is this new?

Reactions: Alanin

whiteiMac2006

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2018
Germany
Correct me if i’m wrong but previously when trying to add a card from ING, the pop-up stated something like “your card issues does not yet support...”.

Attachments

• ED233A0B-BDA6-4769-81D3-A04AE03CA087.png
    ED233A0B-BDA6-4769-81D3-A04AE03CA087.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 274

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
Can confirm this.

Regular message of not supported card:

image.png

And the message after a noticable longer waiting time when tying to add ING VISA:

image.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.