Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
C19 deaths per 100,000 population (30 Dec 20, CDC data): Texas = 951. California = 626.

Looks a lot like science and numbers go together very well.
Reminds me of someone who was upset with Gov Kate Brown, and tried to use South Dakota as an example of why Brown's regulations are BS.

They never responded when I pointed out that while their absolute numbers were lower, their per 100k numbers where about 3x ours in Oregon.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Moderator Note:

Quite a few posts debating the recent U.S. elections were removed as off-topic. If you would like to discuss that topic, please start a new thread or use an existing PRSI thread on that topic. Thank you

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
You really can’t see the difference between Meetup and this app?
I guess a meetup to go mountain bike riding followed be a bbq isn’t the same. it was a planned gathering with a bbq, food, beverage and music, seems pretty close

Reactions: -DMN-

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I guess a meetup to go mountain bike riding followed be a bbq isn’t the same. it was a planned gathering with a bbq, food, beverage and music, seems pretty close
How are humans suppose to crave my nature social interaction. Covid rules want to undo thousands of years of evolution in just 9 months. Crazy.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How are humans suppose to crave my nature social interaction. Covid rules want to undo thousands of years of evolution in just 9 months. Crazy.
Sometimes people need to do something different than what they usually do when faced with something unusual -- wars, disasters, pandemics, etc. -- not a new or surprising concept in any way, shape, or form.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Remember, when checking in for a flight maintain social distancing. Then board the plane with 200+ people sitting next to one another.

LonestarOne

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
People of all walks of life are getting tired of being muzzled, both figuratively and literally. The lockdowns and shutdowns are killing our country more than any virus with a 1% mortality rate.

As a result, people are fleeing places like Washington, California, New York, and New Jersey. NYC is a ghost town.

As far as I'm concerned, the people have spoken and they hate liberal democrat-run places.

No one is muzzling you. You have the right to say whatever you like. You can spread lies about the Covid fatality rate, and the Moderators will not even correct you.

Over 300,000 Americans are dead because of people who are afraid to wear masks. Covid-19 has killed more Americans than Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini combined, and you don’t even care. That doesn’t make you a hero.

I am not a liberal or a Democrat any more than you‘re an SR-71 pilot.

I’ve done flight test over the high desert. I’ve watched pilots crash and burn in front of my eyes. I’ve lost five men on a single mission and would have bought the farm myself except for a twist of fate.

You think you’re tough because you’re afraid to wear a mask or go a few months without visiting the bar, the hair salon, or the shopping mall?

I remember the time I told my pilots they were going to wear O2 masks even on low-altitude local flights where we knew they wouldn’t need oxygen. I got zero back talk or whining. They were professionals, not crybabies.

I miss dealing with adults.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Now that I think about it, this could have been useful for heath authorities to see more easily who was breaking the order.,

Oh well... back to the drawing board.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
From when we have 70 million immortal Americans now? Immune from diseases and death? Too bad that I’m afraid of virus and I’m not immortal, otherwise I’d like to take a look at this evolution miracle. /s

As for Apple, kudo for their actions. I know this is too much for mobs to understand, but freedom of speech =/= unrestricted speech. Censorship exist and will continue to exist in every single society, regardless of what you think. Hate censorship? Maybe earth is not the place for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.