Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsp

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2006
Germany
Stefan.S said:
Just out of curiosity, anybody else the same prob - solutions?

Yep, here - same problem, no solution yet (I posted a description of my problem some pages ago in this thread).
Which keyboard layout do you use? I have a german keyboard...
I also used Input Remapper before, but uninstalled it prior to the BootCamp 1.1 installation.
Do you have any entries in the Windows System Event Log from the Service Control Manager with the Event ID 7000 and a description which indicates a missing "KeyAgent" service?

The Apple Keyboard tool seems to attempt to start this service, but the file isn't found (although there is a keyagent.sys in the Apple Keyboard Support directory).

jfig24

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2006
What router are you using Andreface? I am using a Dlink DGL-4300.....I still can't get the wireless to work....stays stuck at "aquring network address".....it worked before I installed BC 1.1 and it works fine in OS X so i'm not sure what is causing the problem.

andrewface said:
yup i cant get it going...its really annoyoing

Stefan.S

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2006
language problem with keymapper

@tsp.........ok this seems to be the reason, same german keyboard here.
I guess the beta is just good for the english qwerty layout. No big deal will use Input remapper, works perfectly.

Balschoi spassiba
Stefan

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
demenas said:
I would avoid Windows XP 64-bit altogether. Too many peripherals do not have 64-bit drivers.
Mostly agree - unless you need the extra speed and/or memory capability to run a 64-bit application.

Running 32-bit Windows apps in Windows x64 works fine, with very few issues, but there's very little benefit from the 64-bit OS.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Electro Funk said:
have you tried reinstalling the older drivers from the last version of bootcamp? (if you still have the cd)

Thanks that seemed to work.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Ok, so let me get this straight. Windows can be installed on a USB hard drive? Would the USB hard drive show up during use of the Boot Camp partitioning set up, or will it only show up when I'm ready to install windows? So basically when the boot camp partitoining set up is ready, I jus partiton a tiny, if not no space for the windows partiton, then when I'm installing windows, I use the usb drive?

Now, what exactly is an OEM Windows? Mine is from eMachines, and it installs a 3gig backpartition when it installs, would this be considered OEM?

And, last time I installed Windows, I couldn't becuase it would not recognize my keyboard, (I'm on a Macbook), does anyone have any issues like this, what can I do about it, I have tried using an external usb keyboard, but no luck. Would this be becuase I am using an OEM Install?

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Chupa Chupa said:
Anyone know if Boot Camp works with the 64bit edition (I have a Mac Pro). Right now M$ has a free 4 month free trial you can download. If I install it in Sept it should get me through until Vista comes out. I hate to spend $70 on XP knowing I'll just upgrade to Vista (and yes I'm a daring man to try a version 1 of a M$ product, I know).

it's not version 1 it's version 6.....if you do not beleve me just ask a vista system what it's version number is......

OK after that I should I guess be somewhat helpful. The drivers in Bootcamp will not work in 64 bit windows......64 bit needs 64 bit drivers.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
demenas said:
I think soon (October?) if you purchase Windows XP you will get a coupon for a free Vista upgrade.

Steve

That's only for people who buy a new computer that has XP on it. It comes from the OEM not Microsoft.

karmacoma

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2006
Installed new Drivers only

I burned the new drivers disk and re-installed it on my Windows partition.

iSight works great with Yahoo Messenger!

Half Glass

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2006
Any drivers for unreleased hardware?

This may have been asked and I apologize if it has...

Has anyone been able to look and see if there are drivers on this new 1.1 version for unreleased hardware such as processor, video cards, or anything else that might be on say a new iMac or <dream>mid tower?</dream>

Honestly, I'm not even sure how someone would look, but thought it was a fair question.

Thanks,

-Half Glass

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Half Glass said:
This may have been asked and I apologize if it has...

Has anyone been able to look and see if there are drivers on this new 1.1 version for unreleased hardware such as processor, video cards, or anything else that might be on say a new iMac or <dream>mid tower?</dream>

Honestly, I'm not even sure how someone would look, but thought it was a fair question.

Thanks,

-Half Glass

Nice if it was the case but no, the new drivers contained are for macpro only. IF they update the gfx cards in any of the macs they will simply just release a new version of bootcamp AFTERWARDS.

mauriciopastran

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2006
isight-unprogrammed

Wolf103FM said:
Any change to the video drivers? does it still have that grainy look on MacBook Pros?

my screen couldnt look sharper if it tried

sirdir said:
hi

i tried the new bootcamp but on my macbook, the new isight driver does not work! it is shown as 'built-in isight - unprogrammed' - it seems as if there should something be updated (maybe firmware of isight?) but that does not work.
on the macbook of my wife, everything went flawlessly. anybody had the same problem?

Regards

Patrick

to fix this, download and reinstall the camera drivers:

http://www.maconlysource.com/?p=668

direct download link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/29594322/...p_1.1.zip.html

-mp

surfer2124

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2006
Drivers

Can someone please email me the drivers or post a new link to them as I am having the same problem.

Thanks

I got the Drivers and posted the correct link below

THANKS

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
demenas said:
I would avoid Windows XP 64-bit altogether. Too many peripherals do not have 64-bit drivers.

Not to mention the drivers included with Bootcamp are more than likely not 64 bit.

NextLevel

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2006
So you can't use the BlueTooth with those new drivers?
I have the iMac 20" and since i installed those new drivers, i can't get BlueTooth working... And i wouldn't want to put the old drivers because i need the iSight and the new audio drivers...

Can someone help me?

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
NextLevel said:
So you can't use the BlueTooth with those new drivers?
I have the iMac 20" and since i installed those new drivers, i can't get BlueTooth working... And i wouldn't want to put the old drivers because i need the iSight and the new audio drivers...

Can someone help me?

I can certainly use a Bluetooth keyboard, but no to the BT Mighty Mouse.

To be honest though, I've reverted back to my wired keyboard and my bog standard MS mouse with XP - The BT keyboard seems really laggy, and whilst I love my Mighty Mouse - it's useless for FPS games!

ioge

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2006
upgrade ?

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro 2Ghz, I installed the drivers 1.1 everything works fine, except:
1 / when i plug my microphone in, it behaves like dead, (its not broken, tested on a other computer) but the system switches automaticly to the outer channel.
2/ my screensaver dosent turn on.
3/ the time in windows stays correct but when i reboot to OSX its not right.

Please can anyone help me ? It would be nice.
Thank you.
p.s sory for my english :)

Regards,
ioge

snoopy04

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2006
bootcamp 1.1 drivers

I tried installing and reinstalling xp pro sp2 several times in bootcamp's 1.1 update and it bluescreens on login after the install every time not to mention the installer sets windows xp as the default boot so its almost immediately looping into a blue screen reboot every time. i'm finding myself happier with a tiger partition that works flawlessly with over a hundred gigs free on the hard drive rather than a loop caused by... tadaa the updated ATI driver. anyone else on the 17" imac core duo having similar issues?

daveporter

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
Green Cove Springs, FL
I Have the Same Problem

patseguin said:
Well, I got it up and running on my Mac Pro. In fact, i am typing this from Windows XP. Definitely the fastest Windows I've ever run. ;)

I see a '?' under Other Devices that lists 'Base System Device'. Anyone know what that is and why there is no driver installed? oh, and I have 4 !'s for 'Intel(R) 5000 Series Chipset PCI Express x4 port 3 5 6 7'

Is everyone using version 1.1 of Boot Camp experiencing these problems?

Does anyone know how to resolve them?

What does the "Base System Device" control? Anyone know?

Thanks for any help!

Dave

Paratel

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2005
Somewhere in the US
Help!! Windows Xp Firewire Problem

Just installed Windows XP on my Mac Pro with one BSOD during install but then everything turned out to be fine. Everything runs fine except that I cannot get windows to recognize a external firewire HD even with it running MacDrive for XP. When I plug it in, the little "new hardware" icon pops up but it(the drive) never shows up in "My Computer" as a drive. Any ideas on this one??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.