Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfig24

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2006
anyone else having wireless problems? I have rebooted the router and cable modem about 10 times and I still can't get it to connect.....stays stuck on "aquiring network address".

ThatWasAwkward

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006
Excellent update! iSight works, AND sound no longer comes out of the speakers when headphones are plugged in. Magnificent!

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
For anyone who needs BlueTooth, Don't update the drivers. You can not turn on the bluetooth discovery, and my bluetooth mouse stopped workin after that.

is there a way to uninstall these drivers? Maybe go back to the last update? I need to use my mouse.

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
Chundles said:
Yes, but Wikipedia is still not a valid source, at least for research anyway. If I handed in a research assignment at Uni listing Wikipedia as a source it would be thrown out.

To be fair that is simply the opinion of your University administrators. As Wikipedia has been shown to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica, the fact an institution does not accept it as a valid source when they do a traditional encyclopedia only shows they are being a classic beuracracy. Technology and information are moving faster that their stodgy opinions. Wikipedia is new, so they don't trust it.

andrewface

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2006
jfig24 said:
anyone else having wireless problems? I have rebooted the router and cable modem about 10 times and I still can't get it to connect.....stays stuck on "aquiring network address".

yup i cant get it going...its really annoyoing

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
LastLine said:
Hm I'll give it a go. Does bootcamp allow me to burn the driver disk without using the full installer then? Know what? :) I'll go play and find out :)

just install the updated bootcamp program, run it, and only choose the *Burn drivers disc option.... burn the disc and then exit....

run the driver disc and you are updated :)

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
SamIchi said:
For anyone who needs BlueTooth, Don't update the drivers. You can not turn on the bluetooth discovery, and my bluetooth mouse stopped workin after that.

is there a way to uninstall these drivers? Maybe go back to the last update? I need to use my mouse.

have you tried reinstalling the older drivers from the last version of bootcamp? (if you still have the cd)

DanielNTX

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2005
SamIchi said:

That's not true. Remove the old "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP" and then enable the system variable DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES to 1 and then launch device manager and turn on the hidden devices, delete all the bluetooth devices and hid devices and then rerun the Macintosh Drivers CD from 1.1 and you have fully functional bluetooth.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Electro Funk said:
have you tried reinstalling the older drivers from the last version of bootcamp? (if you still have the cd)

If I do that would that cause a problem?

DanielNTX said:
That's not true. Remove the old "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP" and then enable the system variable DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES to 1 and then launch device manager and turn on the hidden devices, delete all the bluetooth devices and hid devices and then rerun the Macintosh Drivers CD from 1.1 and you have fully functional
bluetooth.

Sorry but I don't understand the enablings system variable. Could you explain in alittle more detail in a simpler way? Thanks.

DanielNTX

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2005
SamIchi said:
If I do that would that cause a problem?

Sorry but I don't understand the enablings system variable. Could you explain in alittle more detail in a simpler way? Thanks.

Google is your friend! Just use "set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1" at a command prompt and you've set the environment variable.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
DanielNTX said:
Google is your friend! Just use "set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1" at a command prompt and you've set the environment variable.

I wouldn't even know what to Google... Environment variable? I entered that in command prompt. How do i know I've enetered it correctly? I didn't say anything after i pressed enter. Just another prompt.

Do I remove all the old Mac Drivers? Which ones are the old ones? And do I just go into the Macintosh Drivers folder and delete those?

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
To see if you've correctly modified the env variable, at the second command prompt type:
echo %DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES%

I can't help you with the rest of your questions.

demenas

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Los Angeles, CA, USA
pincho said:
hmmm now that Apple has created an iSight driver that works in Windows, do u think u could buy an external iSight for a PC and get it to work properly?

No, as the iSight support in Bootcamp 1.1 is for the internal iSight cameras only. NO support for external Firewire iSights.:mad:

Steve

demenas

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Los Angeles, CA, USA
AidenShaw said:
Does Apple claim that Boot Camp 1.1 has 64-bit Windows drivers?

If not, then the Apple driver CD won't have compatible drivers for the x64 edition of Windows.

You might be lucky and find that the Windows-supplied drivers are OK (since the Mac Pro uses standard chips for the most part) in x64.

I would avoid Windows XP 64-bit altogether. Too many peripherals do not have 64-bit drivers.

Steve

demenas

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Chupa Chupa said:
Anyone know if Boot Camp works with the 64bit edition (I have a Mac Pro). Right now M$ has a free 4 month free trial you can download. If I install it in Sept it should get me through until Vista comes out. I hate to spend $70 on XP knowing I'll just upgrade to Vista (and yes I'm a daring man to try a version 1 of a M$ product, I know).

I think soon (October?) if you purchase Windows XP you will get a coupon for a free Vista upgrade.

Steve

k8to

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2006
guzhogi said:
It would be cool if Apple also let people run Linux, too. That would take awhile to do all the drivers and I don't know how many people would use it, but it would be nice.

Linux already works fine under bootcamp. If you have a little initiative, you can build or find a kernel which boots without bootcamp. There is a version of LILO for EFI that you can start with, for example, refit http://refit.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if there's an out-of-the-box linux solution that will boot to GUI with all versions of the mac hardware (mostly video hardware). With Bootcamp though, I think the mini and imac are working with most distributions.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
SeaFox said:
To be fair that is simply the opinion of your University administrators. As Wikipedia has been shown to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica, the fact an institution does not accept it as a valid source when they do a traditional encyclopedia only shows they are being a classic beuracracy. Technology and information are moving faster that their stodgy opinions. Wikipedia is new, so they don't trust it.

Wikipedia cannot be a valid source. You could come up with anything you like, edit the corresponding Wikipedia article, and then quote it. You could write a wikipedia article about Martians, including the "fact" that they took over the government, and Bush + Blair are Martians in disguise, then quote that article in your work. You can't do that with the Britannica.

Stefan.S

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2006
Apple Keyboard support

Have installed a fresh copy of winXP pro and applied Bootcamp 1.1 drivers disk, is a bit clumsy as the installers pop up synchroniously and hide each other behind their windows, also you have to confirm a lot of dialog boxes simultaniously, very unefficient (well nobody expects apple to write a perfect windows installer, right...? ;-).
Besides that now about anything works as promised, but I cannot get the apple keyboard patch to run. I tried several attempts, reboots, right clicking the .inf file from the installer dir, nada-niente-no reaction no taskbar icon, no nothing.
Instead I use input remapper beta 0.97 as before which works fine.
Just out of curiosity, anybody else the same prob - solutions?

TIA
Stefan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.