Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
It has been rereleased with same version number but new build number 21E237

ota will only happen if you didn’t already update.

you can however force the update via the ipsw file.
That is only for restore, not download or OTA. Even doing the finder method it said 21E236 was current, no one needs to force this to that 21E237 build.

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
After the update to 17.4.1 my iPad Pro 11 2020 disconnects from my 5Ghz Wi-FI constantly.
Only today this happened 3 times, and the day isn’t over yet…

And no, it’s not my router, because I have a pretty bad working phone, a Samsung A30 that also uses 5GHz Wi-Fi, and it never disconnects.
And also, the iPad haven’t got this issue on 17.4.
I was able to Restore both my iPad Pro 11 2021 and iPhone 13 mini to 17.3.1 in iTunes!

I did it at work so will wait until I get home to test the home Wi-Fi, but the work Wi-Fi is holding fine.

ipsw.me says 17.3.1 is still signed even though MacRumors says it's unsigned now. I was able to Restore, sign in my Apple ID, get to the home screen and install apps on both, but I don't know how long anyone will still be able to do it.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
iOS and iPadOS 16.7.7 also released
I didn't even know about this until my old 2015 iPad Pro prompted me late last week. (sigh), no idea what this update did, my iPad battery is now draining...even when it's plugged in. Still running a tad hotter than it used to... Just did a backup, hard reset. See what if this clears up anything. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I may totally wipe it out and set up as new once again.
And YES...I know this is a 9 year old device, not complaining. It's still pretty snappy for being this old. Doesn't feel sluggish, no horrific lag. It's been a great device!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.