Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I hope it did something about the battery cuz my 15 Plus went from amazing battery life before 17.4 to iPhone 12 PM kind of battery life which means two times charging per day with no changes to my app usage.

Gonna do a ISPW update this time around
Yes, that’s something I’m expecting as well, a really good battery life release (along with more bug fixes), to finally make the jump to iOS 17 on my devices.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
So can anyone confirm if older WatchOSes (9 and down) work on this update
I don't think this is a bug that is going to get fixed in a future update. Apple wants you to update your older watch (mine is a 7 and I've tried it on an 8) to watchOS 10 for some reason. Not sure why. But I read somewhere (maybe an Apple support user forum) that this requirement was present in the 17.4 Beta releases. So if it's been present that long then it's not a bug but an intended requirement. Again, not sure why.

Kar98

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2007
Cellular 5G speed has dropped massively. Was getting around 250mbps now I’m lucky to get 5mbps.

It’s not a network issue as only happened after installing 17.4
Yeah no.
IMG_9098.png

Danilamak

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
Oh, I didn't think that would be a factor. I assumed that any WatchOS version below the iOS version should work fine.
Unfortunately no, here is the guy who updated from watch os 9.6.1 to 10.4 after 17.4 in app banner. Home was broken, a lot shortcuts was broken, calendar stops working. And surprisingly 10.4 is OK.

keiffers

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2022
We need MacOS 14.4.1 more than anything right now. Too many things are broken in it.
I'm ok with an iOS update for my 12 PM......I still have issues with WiFi disconnecting me for no reason. Supposedly that was fixed, but apparently not. But yeah I'd like the numerous issues with my MBP M1 to be fixed once and for all, but I'm not holding my breath on anything I'm experiencing actually being fixed.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
I think the article is misleading, as it only shows up with a beta profile (so it‘s no public release but a RC).
The reason you get a 6GB update is because you go from a probably stable release (17.4) to a beta profile RC, which always is a full install.

Check out Apple's official releases RSS feed. Somehow MacRumors always seems to post first, but of course this is the official word:

Reactions: AppleTO and TimFL1

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Hopefully it fixes the email reply to address problem where it replaces it with other email addresses. o_O

Japan Ricardo

macrumors regular
May 11, 2022
I wish they'd clearly say what they fixed. Would stop all the "I hope it will..." posts for a start.

Last time I let my phone update overnight (to 14.4), it did so but then stopped charging - so I woke up with 60% battery.... Not a big deal on the day concerned, but it could have been... The time before it didn't do the update at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.