Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Jan 25, 2008
I will for sure update all my remaining Macs tonight. I have been using the beta version for the lat many months, and thought there has been a few issues, most were caused by 3 things; no 32-bit applications in Catalina, the new Boot ROM version for Mac Pros, and the split-up of iTunes.

The 32-bit application issues are caused by vendors not upgrading their applications long ago, and for the most part is sorted by updating, or finding alternatives.

The Boot ROM issues were solved, and though it took forever, we were beta testers for a reason.

iTunes being discontinued and broken into Music etc., is just a change - Live with it.

Of course some people will say what about the problems with the iCloud files and sync, and again I say "We are Beta testers for a reason".

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
I only see a 19mb download in Applications. How do I get the full installer do make a USB installer.

Edit: Apparently the System Prefs update is downloading the full app.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

mcbumbersnazzle

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2018
To people who have used the GM in the past week: how is stability? How much have things improved since the beta this summer?
Used beta 6 to the gm, erased the drive and everything, It's still trash :D. GM works like a beta and the beta builds were like pre alpha, it's that buggy. Stupid mail app popup still doesn't get fixed, keep asking "do you want to open" keep showing when using the vmware, Music app is worse than iTunes somehow with less functionality and somehow slower, it also lost my artwork in the process. The TV app is straight up garbage. Change the display profile of external monitor and then open the lid it resets. So yeah it's trash, trash like apple QA in the last 3 years

AppleZilla

Suspended
Jul 23, 2010
Can anyone tell me if you can put Apple created playlists in folders now? In Mojave (and prior) you could only put user created playlists in folders.

sugargliderdude

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2019
I thought all major macOS upgrades had to be initiated through the Mac App Store in the past? Settings app is only for smaller updates.

for me, Catalina is showing in the App store, and when i do a software check, catalina showed up to download

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Beta 11 is 19A582a so there is probably no difference aside from the build number. I'm not even seeing the update yet in Software Update.
I'm wondering if it'll show up under software update if I remove the beta profile. Can't hurt to try, right?

EDIT: After removing the profile and restarting nothing changed. Guess they're the exact same build minus an A in the build number.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.