Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BP9906

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
Apple fixed watchOS 17 finally! The ETA was missing from Apple Maps directions since 17.0 release. It’s back now!

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
I don't get why my update only showed up today while I have the setting set to automatically update the watch.
That's nearly one month later than this post, dated 7 March.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Well... I don't know when I moved to 10.4 but I am on it right now and this is the first time I'm having trouble with "ghost touches". Whenever I double-click the crown, if I don't immediately select something or scroll really fast, whatever is "current" gets selected. Not sure if this is ghost touches or some other dumb "feature".

Reactions: notai

alec37

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
A couple of weeks ago, my Apple Watch began draining the battery at a very fast rate. It would be totally dead within a couple of hours. I contacted Apple, and the person I spoke to said it was because I was on the beta WatchOS. She had me send the watch in for repair, and they removed the beta WatchOS, replacing it with the regular WatchOS. When the watch came back, it worked perfectly! This morning I woke up to discover that my Apple Watch updated on its own overnight to the latest (non-beta) WatchOS. Guess what? It's draining the battery again like it did on the beta! I've been an Apple fan since 1985, and I'm getting really disillusioned with the quality of its products and, most of all, its operating systems and other software.
This week I updated my series 5 to 10.4. Previously have had no issues whatsoever with the watch but since the update, my watch is displaying the same issues you alluded to. Have you discovered a fix for this issue or is it still present?

jkev57

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2015
This week I updated my series 5 to 10.4. Previously have had no issues whatsoever with the watch but since the update, my watch is displaying the same issues you alluded to. Have you discovered a fix for this issue or is it still present?
It kind of took care of itself over a couple of days, but it eventually stopped pulling down the battery. I don't know how it happened, but it did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.