Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
You mean stand back and stand by, like what Trump told the Proud Boys?
I forgot he even said that with all of the insane **** he's done. This needs to be submitted as evidence during the impeachment. That was one of the first cues for the insurrectionists to get ready for violent conflict post-election. Remember, the Proud Boys said "Yes, Mr. President - we are ready and waiting" or something to that effect.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
The F...B...I...that same organization that could not figure out the Federal government was running a Russian influence hoax for 4 years. That FBI? The same one that determined classified email on a home server was okay. Just seeing if we are talking about the same one, the Federal Bureau of Investigation. That one? The one that says yeah we knew about the Nashville nut job who blew up AT&T but did nothing after credible evidence was provided years ago. SMH. Parler. I get it, a lot of you hate freedom of thought and the very notion of ideas but, perhaps you aren’t from America. I don’t know but it is very American to have your own thoughts and your own opinions on matters. When a corporation tells you what to think and what to say and how to say it, that crosses every line ever drawn.

You stand now or kneel later because a pendulum always swings as it is in constant motion. When you advocate for something you do not really understand out of “feels”, well, one day you might be the farmer and another day you are the chicken.

Yeah, ok. Maybe they should have claimed they were removing Parler on religious grounds. Would that satisfy you?

These companies are not obligated to allow domestic terrorists to plot their next attack using their platforms.

PS - There was no “Russian hoax”.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
I think you need to look at facts regarding your statement on the election. To be honest about this, and you should be or at least be informed, it looks like Judge after judge threw out these suits before they were ever heard because they used standing as their supporting cause to do so. That means evidence was not heard in the court nor presented to the people. There are faults with how the entire post-election back and forth went down but the American people were the losers in all of that.

Feel free to point fingers and such, I mean we were a free country until Thursday but you should at least do your homework.

Time after time after time, the judges asked for the evidence to be presented.
Time after time after time, the lawyers declined, or the people signing the affidavits refused to come forward to be cross-examined.
The evidence was not heard because the plaintiffs declined to present it. At that point, because there was no evidence, the cases were thrown out.
You actually have to have real evidence, backed up by real witnesses who are willing to stand by their statements and be cross-examined.
None of that happened.

Please show me one case where valid evidence was presented and then thrown out.

ArPe

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2020
Yeah, ok. Maybe they should have claimed they were removing Parler on religious grounds. Would that satisfy you?

These companies are not obligated to allow domestic terrorists to plot their next attack using their platforms.

PS - There was no “Russian hoax”.

Mueller found all the connections and meetings with Russia’s front men, they just couldn’t find evidence of the content of those meetings. Trump saw this as vindication and brainwashed his sheep to believe it was all a ‘hoax’.

And of course, Russian troll farms with fake conservative American accounts, spread the idea it was all a hoax.

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
You still don't get it. You assume the power to censor will only be used by the "good guys."

And again if Apple didn't insist on being the sole gatekeeper of iOS apps, I wouldn't care what they ban.
You don’t get it. You’re basically espousing the slippery slope fallacy.

First they came for the violent insurrectionists, but I did not speak out because I am not a violent insurrectionist.

That’s the kind of philosophy you’re putting forth right now. However being a violent insurrectionist is not a valid position in a democracy. I’ll be concerned about censorship when the things being censored are not calls for violently overthrowing our democracy.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
These guys seem nice. Just some, you know, silly words and stuff.

Attachments

• F6E80787-6A69-48D4-8A2E-1E6408F17ED4.jpeg
    F6E80787-6A69-48D4-8A2E-1E6408F17ED4.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 168
  • D15EAF0F-9C79-4CEA-AB60-3A36D08A3442.jpeg
    D15EAF0F-9C79-4CEA-AB60-3A36D08A3442.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 162
  • 7A7B291A-D921-417D-ACC7-734174F85830.jpeg
    7A7B291A-D921-417D-ACC7-734174F85830.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 3557BC13-8B80-4C95-9B5A-2A8CFFE2792F.jpeg
    3557BC13-8B80-4C95-9B5A-2A8CFFE2792F.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 163

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2015
If Pelosi or AOC incited a seditious insurrection that resulted in unlawful breach of a federal building and led to the deaths of 5 people, then yes I would expect them to be banned.

Democrats are not the party of double standards; that’s the GOP.
Can you point to where Trump did this? Right, right, the party that fought for slavery has the moral high ground. Want YouTube links of chuck schumer going back and forth with himself over the years or Biden contradicting his current self?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.