Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haynzee

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Seems a little late to crack down on leaks of iPhone 6. Maybe a new product is going into production soon though, I don't know, a watch maybe and Apple wants too keep it under wraps!

iWe

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Apple could put a stop to all of these leaks by moving iPhone production to US but of course then a very few people could actually afford to buy one so...

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
I know everyone here hates Microsoft, but you have to credit them for keeping things AIR TIGHT. The Surface Pro 3 shocked everyone.

Apple can learn from them, IMO.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Apple could put a stop to all of these leaks by moving iPhone production to US but of course then a very few people could actually afford to buy one so...

IIRC, Motorola said it only cost $4 more to assemble the Moto X in Texas.

They said the reason why they're shutting down that factory is because the X just didn't sell enough in the US.

Seems a little late to crack down on leaks of iPhone 6. Maybe a new product is going into production soon though, I don't know, a watch maybe and Apple wants too keep it under wraps!

Perhaps Apple should stop relying on secrecy so much as part of their sales plan.

They use secrecy to try to keep sales up during the long period between new models. (I.e. to avoid the Osborne effect.)

They also seem to think they need secrecy to get more press and public interest during a new model debut.

Yet, I don't remember the massive iPhone 4 leak having a detrimental effect on sales. ??

TheDoctor1010

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2014
Northern Illinois
and wait 1 year till you got your iPhone 6 LOL

I bet you are not a Mac Pro fan

30 years ago, I left the Apple arena and now I'm back.
I have only 3 MS devices left in my home, which are rarely used anymore.
I have the MacBook Pro 17, the MacBook Air 11.6, and the iMAC 27

So, Yes, I am a Mac Pro fan. I personally need a larger display for my mobile devices, since I have customers that need to sign their name for packages that I deliver to them. Until then, I use the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and await the anticipated release/arrival of the iPhone 6, which hopefully has the rumored larger display even if I have to wait one-year.

DragoniteD

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
How can you call yourself a Mac Pro fan while you had no experience with it...

30 years ago, I left the Apple arena and now I'm back.
I have only 3 MS devices left in my home, which are rarely used anymore.
I have the MacBook Pro 17, the MacBook Air 11.6, and the iMAC 27

So, Yes, I am a Mac Pro fan. I personally need a larger display for my mobile devices, since I have customers that need to sign their name for packages that I deliver to them. Until then, I use the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and await the anticipated release/arrival of the iPhone 6, which hopefully has the rumored larger display even if I have to wait one-year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.