Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that it is resuming in-person "Today at Apple" sessions at Apple Stores across the United States.

Apple-retail-Today-at-Apple-Lady-Gaga.jpg

Starting on March 7, Apple will resume the in-person sessions in time to celebrate Women's History Month. Apple invites music fans and creators of all skill levels to their local Apple Store to explore remixing music in GarageBand, using music by Lady Gaga.

During the free 30-minute session, participants will experiment with Live Loops, Remix FX, and more, to create a unique version of Lady Gaga's song "Free Woman." Participants can register now at apple.co/remix-lady-gaga.

Due to the global health crisis, Apple suspended in-person Today at Apple sessions and began offering a version of them on YouTube, going on to upload videos on drawing yourself as a "Peanuts" character in the Pages app using an ‌iPad‌ and ‌Apple Pencil‌, shooting and editing "otherworldly" photos with Night Mode, creating looped videos in the Clips app, shooting portrait photos, and taking expressive pet portraits.

Apple backtracked on a decision in August 2021 to continue the in-person sessions in the United States, but resumed in-person Today at Apple sessions in Europe in September 2021. Bloomberg's Mark Gurman recently reported that Apple was planning to resume the in-person sessions imminently, while also dropping mask mandates depending on local guidelines.

Article Link: Apple Resumes In-Person 'Today at Apple' Sessions in the United States

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Unfortunately there’s been too many people unwilling to take personal responsibility.
Doesn't matter. Everyone who is concerned can protect themselves. I know I hear the argument well there are certain people that can't get the vaccine...yea...that has always been the case with every virus. Not much you can do about that.

The other argument is risking medical capcity. That was an overblown point and very isolated. People being triaged like what happened in Italy early on, never happened in the US on any major scale outside of a few rural locations.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
About time….should have happened as soon as the vaccine was widely available…you know the time the pandemic shifted from community responsibility to personal responsibility
Disregarding all of those who are anti-vax on their stance, we still needed to wait quite a bit of time since not everyone who wanted to get one was able to do so. Even a few months back, I ran into folks who were ecstatic that they were finally fully vaxxed!

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Disregarding all of those who are anti-vax on their stance, we still needed to wait quite a bit of time since not everyone who wanted to get one was able to do so. Even a few months back, I ran into folks who were ecstatic that they were finally fully vaxxed!
Who over 18 couldn't get it? We can disagree on the point but my interpretation of the data is people under 18 have had incredibly low risk since day one and people over 18 have had full access to it in the US since last May...maybe earlier? Not trying to argue, just curious who these people are and what their reason was for not being able to get it anytime last summer if they wanted.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Unfotunitatly there are too many people who refuse to get back to normal and want to live in a perpetual state of terror as well. Thankfully FINALLY, common sense is prevailing.
What are you talking about? Wearing masks and working from home are reasonable things. It’s not fear, and it’s normal. Most countries have people wear mask all the time and it’s not judged. Common sense is to learn from history and to change behaviors maximize the value of experiences. It doesn’t matter if COVID was 100% cured, masks are better than no masks. If someone doesn’t understand why than they are a great example why you don’t let people decide.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
What are you talking about? Wearing masks and working from home are reasonable things. It’s not fear, and it’s normal. Most countries have people wear mask all the time and it’s not judged. Common sense is to learn from history and to change behaviors maximize the value of experiences. It doesn’t matter if COVID was 100% cured, masks are better than no masks. If someone doesn’t understand why than they are a great example why you don’t let people decide.
Masks sure...being forced to do those things...not so much, especially after a very reliable vaccine is out for all the concerned people and anyone (with very few exceptions) who is at risk can get it.

Most countries wearing masks is not normal behavior outside of Asia prior to COVID and it seemed China has some new virus coming out every three years.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Cool. Hopefully the staff will have to explain why GarageBand is so buggy and file some reports. If I could I’d attend just create a couple of awkward moments for them.
„I thought it just works?“

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Masks sure...being forced to do those things...not so much, especially after a very reliable vaccine is out for all the concerned people and anyone (with very few exceptions) who is at risk can get it.

Most countries wearing masks is not normal behavior outside of Asia prior to COVID and it seemed China has some new virus coming out every three years.
But these employees are being forced. They are being forced to work in-person when they could reasonably do it remote. And if someone is at risk of getting a disease everyone wearing masks is better for them them then only they wearing masks. And people have been lying and faking COVID vaccine status. I’ll tell you what, if we make falsifying vaccine status while not wearing a mask attempted murder then sure. But let’s make sure there is sufficient motivation to protect everyone.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
But these employees are being forced. They are being forced to work in-person when they could reasonably do it remote. And if someone is at risk of getting a disease everyone wearing masks is better for them them then only they wearing masks. And people have been lying and faking COVID vaccine status. I’ll tell you what, if we make falsifying vaccine status while not wearing a mask attempted murder then sure. But let’s make sure there is sufficient motivation to protect everyone.
Sounds like Apple is requiring vaccination or negative tests to work, so who exactly is at risk in this picture? Do you not have faith in the vaccine that has been shown to be insanely effective? If everyone at the office is vaccinated or tested no one is at risk and your last comment on not wearing a mask is attempted murder is flat our insane because again...the responsibility isn't on the person wearing the mask, its on the person who can now protect themselves with a vaccine. (not to mention clothe masks/non n95 or better have been stated by the CDC to do almost nothing with the more recent strains and most people are not wearing n95's.) There will always be viruses that you can pass to others and they may die. That was true of the flu or even colds to at risk people, but no one in their sane mind would equate that to murder.

Last edited:

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Unfotunitatly there are too many people who refuse to get back to normal and want to live in a perpetual state of terror as well. Thankfully FINALLY, common sense is prevailing.
The all about me time in history. Notice, never a we statement, always my, I, are impacted. In 1918 the Government struggled with should they mandate vaccines and masks. The end of the day, the population said, we will step up, get the vaccine and use masks. It’s the right thing to do for our neighbors, those who are struggling and America. Today a total loss of common anything, just me!

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Sounds like Apple is requiring vaccination or negative tests to work, so who exactly is at risk in this picture? Do you not have faith in the vaccine that has been shown to be insanely effective?
No - because evolution is more efficient than Pfizer.
If everyone at the office is vaccinated or tested no one is at risk and your last comment on not wearing a mask is attempted murder is flat our insane because again...the responsibility isn't on the person wearing the mask, its on the person who can now protect themselves with a vaccine. (not to mention clothe masks/non n95 or better have been stated by the CDC to do almost nothing with the more recent strains and most people are not wearing n95's.)
It's everyone's responsibility. Claiming you 'did your part' only works if you do everything you can. Masks aren't unreasonable. We ask people to do all sorts of things in the name of public safety.
There will always be viruses that you can pass to others and they may die. That was true of the flu or even colds to at risk people, but no one in their sane mind would equate that to murder.
There will be, which is why normalizing masks are so important. We have a chance to change the culture for the better because the COVID vaccine won't protect against the next virus. But if you lie, and say you are vaccinated and expose someone who can't be vaccinated - who by the way should not be telling you they are unvaccinated - then yeah, that's attempted murder because you threatened their life.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
No - because evolution is more efficient than Pfizer.

It's everyone's responsibility. Claiming you 'did your part' only works if you do everything you can. Masks aren't unreasonable. We ask people to do all sorts of things in the name of public safety.

There will be, which is why normalizing masks are so important. We have a chance to change the culture for the better because the COVID vaccine won't protect against the next virus. But if you lie, and say you are vaccinated and expose someone who can't be vaccinated - who by the way should not be telling you they are unvaccinated - then yeah, that's attempted murder because you threatened their life.
I will agree to disagree on all points. Enjoy your new reality.

1. The data shows it's effective...thats a fact. There may always be a new threat but that again has applied through all of history. We can't live in a bubble

2. I did my part until "everyone" at risk could get the vaccine. There will always be rare exceptions of people who legit can't get it, but that was true prior to covid. Also, CDC has stated clothe masks which is what 99% of people are wearing do little to stop transmission of covid. We do lots of things for public saftey, sure, but they have limits. We could lower the national speed limit to 30 mph...probably save 20,000 lives a year in the US, but we don't do that because of the inconvenices of it. Hate to break it to you, but lives come into play in part of the equation of most policies.

3. You need to look up the definition of murder. Passing a virus with a 99.5% survival rate that has a reliable vaccine making that rate more like 99.9999% is not like passing smallpox...

Last edited:

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
I will agree to disagree on all points. Enjoy your new reality.
Sure. You do you. I am sure some people disagreed with Pythagora as well. It probably only slowed us down a few hundred years.

That's the issue here. Apple is at such a rush to move back to in-person not because they think it's safe but because it's cheaper. It's a real shame, given other companies look to them for guidance on what they should be doing.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Sure. You do you. I am sure some people disagreed with Pythagora as well. It probably only slowed us down a few hundred years.

That's the issue here. Apple is at such a rush to move back to in-person not because they think it's safe but because it's cheaper. It's a real shame, given other companies look to them for guidance on what they should be doing.
You have yet to provide a data-driven reason it's not safe when people who want to can still wear masks,(n95 if they were really worried but they won't) there is a reliable vaccine and to work you are required to have it or test on a regular basis...sooo...yea. Facts don't care about your feelings.

Reactions: sydneysider88

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
You have yet to provide a data-driven reason it's not safe when people who want to can still wear masks, there is a reliable vaccine and to work you are required to have it or test on a regular basis...sooo...yea. Facts don't care about your feelings.
Use need me to cite On Origin of Species?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.