Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
”Deprioritize”. What a sick way to think about another human
Sadly thats what this brainwashing has done to a lot of people. That’s not the first time I’ve seen/heard it. It’s actually terrifying to hear people think that way. 1000x more terrifying than the virus.

The even sadder reality is if thats their way of thinking then you don’t get to cherry pick. Need a lung transplant? Too bad you smoked for 30 years. Cancer treatment? Too bad you worked in a mine.….

Reactions: miniyou64

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
That’s a really poor argument considering how skewed the average age in Italy is on top of the amount of people in overall poor health and/or smoke. But please …continue.….

If you prefer to follow the science. The CDC FINALLY admitted recently that 70 percent of ALL covid deaths were people with AT LEAST 4 co-morbidities. This was a pandemic of the unhealthy, PERIOD!
Agree with your point, but that CDC stat is only partially true. That stat comes from deaths of people who were vaccinated that died of covid, but if it's the exact same for non vaccinated I wouldn't be surprised at all...but the CDC don't let that type of info out because it goes against the narrative.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Agree with your point, but that CDC stat is only partially true. That stat comes from deaths of people who were vaccinated that died of covid, but if it's the exact same for non vaccinated I wouldn't be surprised at all...but the CDC don't let that type of info out because it goes against the narrative.
Of course they wont. Im shocked they admitted that cloth masks are useless (which was obvious from the start with elementary logic). It’s kind of like when people asked really intense questions and the answer was: “We don’t have any data on that”…. BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT DATA that goes against any narrative or makes them look like the power hungry people they are.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
That’s a really poor argument considering how skewed the average age in Italy is on top of the amount of people in overall poor health and/or smoke. But please …continue.….

If you prefer to follow the science. The CDC FINALLY admitted recently that 70 percent of ALL covid deaths were people with AT LEAST 4 co-morbidities. This was a pandemic of the unhealthy, PERIOD!
I’m not the one who brought up the data out of Italy (or lack thereof) as a benchmark.

Also, it was never a secret that older and/or unhealthier people had a harder time with covid. It’s like that for any disease.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
In the first wave when this all started, there were lots according to the media and photos and videos at the time. I would like to see some data on that too as well as for the US.
“Lots” isn’t the hard data you’ve been looking for. US media, photos, and videos showed lots of rationing too.

The bottom line is rationing can’t just be accepted as normal. If/when more covid waves crest, our healthcare system has to be protected so it can serve everyone.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
We get it. You are free to lock yourself in and wear your mask alone while driving. WE GET IT. The rest of us will move on with life.
And as long as you all "lock yourself in" there isn't anything to discuss. Because that's the issue. Selfish people looking for an excuse to believe they aren't selfish. You can't just say 'it's up to others to do the right thing' if your own behavior puts others at risk. Everyone has to do it.

Masks are the new normal. Stop fighting progress and accept it.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
That’s not a statement you should be proud of.
The people who were against wearing a mask in the first place don't deserve a seat a the table when it comes to deciding when people should stop wearing them. The selfish used up their allotment of being against change. Now it's other people's turn to be against change.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
And as long as you all "lock yourself in" there isn't anything to discuss. Because that's the issue. Selfish people looking for an excuse to believe they aren't selfish. You can't just say 'it's up to others to do the right thing' if your own behavior puts others at risk. Everyone has to do it.

Masks are the new normal. Stop fighting progress and accept it.
I feel really bad for you and sorry that this is what you choose as your new normal. As I said the rest of us will move on. Hopefully one day you can as well.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
I feel really bad for you and sorry that this is what you choose as your new normal. As I said the rest of us will move on. Hopefully one day you can as well.
I am laughing at your example of someone feeling bad for someone for not being selfish.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I’m not the one who brought up the data out of Italy (or lack thereof) as a benchmark.

Also, it was never a secret that older and/or unhealthier people had a harder time with covid. It’s like that for any disease.
Last part Is not true in all cases The reason the Spanish flu was so bad is it hit people with healthy immune systems

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Time to go with the times If deaths are low and less people are getting seriously sick then it’s time to go back
Let’s adapt to the times

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Half-truths in an anonymous online internet forum? Who woulda thunk?

Reactions: fenderbass146

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
It doesn’t take an expert or very much data to know that developing something that quickly and injecting something into your body with hardly any testing and zero long term data is not the best idea. And that has nothing to do with politics either.
It also doesn’t take an expert to understand that mrna vaccines began development decades ago and that these covid vaccines are simply an extension of older technology. It’s also the reason why we’re going to see similar cancer vaccines appear in the next 3-5 years. These will be tested more thoroughly because cancer isn’t contagious. Covid vaccines were thoroughly tested. Was it fast and shorter trials than usual? Yes because it was seen as an emergency by the experts. Show me an expert that rejected the vaccine because they were afraid and I’ll show you an armchair expert that has long been rejected by their peers and is now trying to sell misinformation in the form of interviews, books and entertainment.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Great question, seems our Government has way too much influence over peoples day to day lives. I followed the guidance as too, until they went too far. No problems with masks, I love the vaccine, but forcing those things on people once the vaccine was available was the end of compliance from me. Individual at that point could protect themselves, but people always want the Government to take care of them.
So you believe in the efficacy of the vaccine but you did not comply with expert advice to take it just because government mandates were discussed but never enforced?

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
It also doesn’t take an expert to understand that mrna vaccines began development decades ago and that these covid vaccines are simply an extension of older technology. It’s also the reason why we’re going to see similar cancer vaccines appear in the next 3-5 years. These will be tested more thoroughly because cancer isn’t contagious. Covid vaccines were thoroughly tested. Was it fast and shorter trials than usual? Yes because it was seen as an emergency by the experts. Show me an expert that rejected the vaccine because they were afraid and I’ll show you an armchair expert that has long been rejected by their peers and is now trying to sell misinformation in the form of interviews, books and entertainment.
If you want to blindly trust politicians and the medical industry be my guest. I’m not a fan of injecting things that have been tested for 50 years, but at least there is long term data to understand it. I’m not injecting anything that is not thoroughly tested. I don’t care what “experts” think. REAL science cares about data not bureaucratic fiat.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
If you want to blindly trust politicians and the medical industry be my guest. I’m not a fan of injecting things that have been tested for 50 years, but at least there is long term data to understand it. I’m not injecting anything that is not thoroughly tested. I don’t care what “experts” think. REAL science cares about data not bureaucratic fiat.
”Real” science also has a control group.

Reactions: miniyou64

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Who over 18 couldn't get it? We can disagree on the point but my interpretation of the data is people under 18 have had incredibly low risk since day one and people over 18 have had full access to it in the US since last May...maybe earlier? Not trying to argue, just curious who these people are and what their reason was for not being able to get it anytime last summer if they wanted.
Met one person. Few more were online. If you're asking for specific people and their contact info, then no, I don't have that level of info on me

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Met one person. Few more were online. If you're asking for specific people and their contact info, then no, I don't have that level of info on me
one more...few more online... I'm not asking for specific, I'm asking why. Kinda like voting IMO...if you don't do it you either didn't want to or you are lazy if you are an adult in the US over 18.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Sadly thats what this brainwashing has done to a lot of people. That’s not the first time I’ve seen/heard it. It’s actually terrifying to hear people think that way. 1000x more terrifying than the virus.

The even sadder reality is if thats their way of thinking then you don’t get to cherry pick. Need a lung transplant? Too bad you smoked for 30 years. Cancer treatment? Too bad you worked in a mine.….
Yep, welcome to the corporate western world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.