Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Trim enabled

Unlike all of the previous builds, this one did not disable Trim (enabled using Trim Enabler 3.2.4) on my late 2011 15" MBP.
:cool::apple::cool:

iDemiurge

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2011
Portugal
Can anyone with the 7.0.6 version of Safari (or 7.1?) , who also uses clicktoplugin, comment on a the YouTube HTML5 player?

In Safari 7, the player would first appear as a frame with HTML5 written on it. Upon clicking, it would play the video in a barebones sort of player, with the ability to right click and save the source video.

In safari 8.0, the player just looks like the YouTube flash interface, complete with pop-up annotations and no ability to save the source video.

Which is it like in this latest build of Safari released to developers?

This feature in Safari 7 you mention is not actually a feature of safari. It is the ClicktoFlash extension that gives you the option to download the video [edit: sorry, now I see you know this]. Since safari 8 defaults to the HTML5 player in youtube the extension does not come into play. I just confirmed this on my older computer where I installed Yosemite.

If anyone knows of any workaround for this I'd also be interested.

P.S. Maybe this is a question for one of the threads in the Yosemite subforum.

Last edited:

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm glad they are working on USB issues. I really hope the fix that pesky Disk was not ejected properly notification that pops upon Wake from Sleep.

I'll probably stick with Mavericks for a long time. I'm just not feeling it with the Yosemite interface.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
…
- build 10.9.0 : ???
- build 10.9.1 : board
- build 10.9.2 : carve
- build 10.9.3 : ???
- build 10.9.4 : epic
- build 10.9.5 : ???
…

The first is 10.9 (not 10.9.0). I asked a question in Ask Different Chat, answers were offered the following day. Privately, a few months ago, someone suggested Cabernet. From what's in Wikipedia, I could say that Cabernet refers to all versions of Mavericks.

I fed some surfing terms that begin with d through Google, with "10.9.3", didn't find any likely match.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I'll probably stick with Mavericks for a long time. I'm just not feeling it with the Yosemite interface.

According to these forums you will be "outdated, stubborn, ignorant, and old fashion." :rolleyes:

P.S: I agree with you, too hard for me to read :D

Last edited:

MacGeek1987

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
I'm running Yosemite Public Beta on a 2012 MacBook Pro and find the experience far sub-par to running Mavericks on my 2013 MacBook Air (my main production machine). Yosemite's lighter, brighter interface overall does not feel anywhere near as complete as Mavericks does. The loss of distinct contrast and depth is a big step backwards. I really hope that Apple refines the interface significantly before the public release... there's a lot of work to be done around that.

EDIT: Apparently Yosemite on Retina machines looks 100x better. On non-Retina display, it looks very amateurish with its highly-pixelated menus and buttons font, in particular. Anti-aliasing seems to be disabled or not available with the new font.

I'm running the latest developer preview and I do agree that there is a pixelation issue on the MBP. This was almost entirely addressed with the latest update, and I don't find it to be an issue anymore. My iMac is my main machine and is also running Yosemite. It's not retina of course, but it is the 27 inch with a 1440p display. Haven't had any pixelation issues - it looks gorgeous. Of course, there is still about 2 months of the beta remaining, so I wouldn't expect any part of it to feel "complete" just yet. There are certainly a list of issues to iron out, but visually I find it to be a huge step forward.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Am I the only person who is upset that it's simply not possible to deactivate the integrated imac display to only work on an attached monitor (or watch something on an attached TV?)

I'm also annoyed by the multi monitor support. My MacBook cannot use an external monitor without keeping the laptop screen on. Even if I dim it I always lose my pointer. Windows does this so much better.

Select just one or both. It remembers the setting. Easy to toggle and change.

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
I hope this fixes the 4K monitor glitches for new Mac Pro users! (screen tearing)

till213

Suspended
Jul 1, 2011
It's really amazing how antiquated Mavericks feels now, after running Yosemite for almost two months. To think Mavericks is still the current system...

It's really amazing how a few polished GUI elements can make people think that they're running an entire new OS! :eek:

I for one won't change unless there are technical features that make me want to change! Give me OpenGL 4.3 and I am all there (won't likely happen for 10.10, I know...).

A new File System... ZFS maybe? Anything reliable! (and I'd happily wait for a few point releases until it becomes stable ;))

Until then, I am staying with 10.9 onto which I just migrated my productive system a couple of weeks ago ("fresh install").

----------

Here are some of the internal [...]
- build 10.9.4 : epic
- build 10.9.5 : ???

[...] According to the pattern emphasized in bold, 10.9.0's code-name must have started with the letter a, 10.9.3's with a d, and 10.9.5 with a f. For 10.9.5's name, I'm betting on "fin" !

Given that apparently 10.9.4 was internally called "Epic", let's just hope very much that 10.9.5 is not going to "Fail" :p

RanchoCucamonga

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
Toulouse, France
The first is 10.9 (not 10.9.0). I asked a question in Ask Different Chat, answers were offered the following day. Privately, a few months ago, someone suggested Cabernet. From what's in Wikipedia, I could say that Cabernet refers to all versions of Mavericks.

I fed some surfing terms that begin with d through Google, with "10.9.3", didn't find any likely match.

Thanks Graham. I knew about Cabernet, my guess is that vine names are used during internal development of a new 10.n version, and once its commercial name is revealed, the successive b, c, d, etc builds receive internal code names related to the commercial name.
I think it will be difficult to get infos, now that attention is focused on Yosemite (aka "Syrah" ! :D). I wonder if they'll choose climbing-related codenames for the builds this time ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.