Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applekieran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Hi Guys,

Before I mention my question, I think apple should remove the battery health percentage and change it with text like Good, Bad etc.

I just noticed my Apple Watch Series 7 battery health is at 98%. I charge it once every night before I sleep. I run mostly dev beta as I’m a full stack developer. I’m curious if anyone else battery has dipped?

I got it when it first came out last year and seems a bit quick it has dropped already. I’m wondering if it’s because of updating the dev builds every week.

I have display always on, I also charge via fast charging plug with its wire.

Last edited:

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I purchased my s7 watch in November. And I happened to see in February and it was 97%. I sort of assumed it was dropping 1% a month however, since then i've been checking regularly and haven't seen any drop. As of right now, it's still 97% for me.

I wear my watch to bed and only charge it in the morning, and a bit at night before bed as well.

applekieran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Seems quite normal then. When I charge it before I sleep I generally have about 25-30% battery left. I’ve had mine since launch too.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Seems quite normal then. When I charge it before I sleep I generally have about 25-30% battery left. I’ve had mine since launch too.
mine's pretty similar to this. i find my s6 actually had a little extra battery at the end of the day but as long as i have something at the end of the day, that's what i care about. there are some days when i don't have much left, btu that's because i did something particularly taxing for it. for example, yesterday i almost depleted it, but i went for a jog without my phone, played tennis and also went for a walk in one day. those things take up battery (and i was just as tired at the end of the day as the watch). to me, that's normal.

Haga

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2017
Roermond, The Netherlands
There is only one time I care about battery health.
That is when it drops below 80%.
Then I send it to Apple for battery service and get the battery replaced.
For the time being all my watches are well above that percentage ?

Attachments

• 2909323E-DB69-401B-B52C-2A9679555BA5.jpeg
    2909323E-DB69-401B-B52C-2A9679555BA5.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 387

Elviss116

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2020
Apple watch Series 6
Date buy : 11 November 2021
Battery health : 100%
Charging period : Every day - 8am
Minimun discharger : 60 - 65%

ppetrovic

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2016
Belgrade, Serbia
Got my Series 7 in October and the battery health is at 98% right now. I charge it via fast charging about 70% of the time and every once in a while when I visit my parents, I use my old slow charger, so I think that helps a bit.

I use AOD, wear it over night for sleep tracking and use it heavily for podcasts and Spotify and there's about 20% - 30% of battery left in the evening on a typical day.

Should last for at least 2 years before battery degrades too much.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
My S7 is at 96%. But I’m a heavy user due to running and streaming music via cellular when I’m out walking without my phone. I regularly run my battery down to 10% almost daily.

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
My S7 Ti is at 100%. I've had it since mid-November. Use is 7-8am on wrist until 10-11pm. Generally have mid 50% left. I do not use the fast charger.

Reactions: ISKOTB

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
You got the watch at launch and are worried it dropped 2% after what, 8 months?
Nothing to see here. Batteries degrade as a device gets used. You’re actually lucky with this small drop over that time frame.
My iPhone 11 Pro isn’t even a year old and at 92% with moderate use.
If you can’t see the number, don’t look at it. When I had my first X and then 11 Pro I was obsessed with the heath % to a point I checked it every morning and all day. Luckily I got that out my head after some “hard” training.
Just don’t do it. It’ll only make you worry about artificial and inaccurate numbers you can’t change and don’t even impact you the slightest.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Launch date and mine is at 86 %. I only really use it as a watch or to check but not interact with notifications. I also have some minor scratches on the screen. Is that reason enough to get it replaced under AppleCare+? I suppose not ...

applekieran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
86% already? Wow! And I wasn't that concerned I just wondered what everyone else was getting and it seems its consistent with everyone else so that doesn't make me concerned either.

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
Series 5: 71%
It’s starting to not quite make it to the end of the day. I’m hoping there will be enough incentive to get a series 8, and if so, I will just upgrade and give this watch away as is. If the series 8 has the same processor and battery as the 6 and 7 then I’ll probably get the battery replaced and wait another year to upgrade.

My iPhone 11 is at 78% which is more annoying than my watch being at 71%. I have to charge my phone multiple times per day.

• Wow
Reactions: Jxdawg

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
Series 5: 71%
It’s starting to not quite make it to the end of the day. I’m hoping there will be enough incentive to get a series 8, and if so, I will just upgrade and give this watch away as is. If the series 8 has the same processor and battery as the 6 and 7 then I’ll probably get the battery replaced and wait another year to upgrade.

My launch day Series 5 just hit 79% a few weeks ago. I have been paying for AC+ monthly since the original 2 years expired in September, so they replaced the whole device for free. I’m happy to have a new one because the screen was beat up…. It’ll probably hold me over until the Series 9 at this point.

OP, 2% battery degradation in 8 months seems completely reasonable. I would not worry about it at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.