Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazytrain

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2009
Just wish I could get my AirPods max to play out of both sides. Have tried everything but no matter what I do I can now only hear from one side. Both left and right sides work (each time I reset, its a random guess as to which side plays sound, so nothing wrong with the hardware as such) but just not together!

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
So far, my favorite settings are:

Adaptive Transparency
Fixed Spatial Audio
Rock EQ (Apple Music)

I also use Headphone Accommodations with an audiogram.

Last edited:

twocents

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2016
California, USA
Unfortunately none is to prevent AirPod Max from dying... I've had mine for 3 years, the ONLY use it at night to watch content on my iPad while on bed, yet, one day they decided stop from connecting to any my devices (iphones, ipads, appletv), did EVERY SINGLE troubleshooting i could find, nothing worked. They simply...died.
Literally the same thing just happened to my Airpods Max. The genius told me that there may be a firmware issue, but unfortunately there is not an end-user means of updating that. The best option provided was to call 1-800-my-apple and see what can be done whether it is a "software" issue that can be sent to their repairshop or have to pay up $300 for a refurbished replacement set. 😕

• Wow
Reactions: Criss P. and Huck

MallardDuck

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2014
I’d love a tip to get it to stop putting up the splash screen about how to mute every single time I take them out.

pappl

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2020
Europe
Is there a tip or fix for left/right audio balance off after a while and only a reset fixes it for a while?
This bug drives me crazy.

No5tromo

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
They left out the most important tip: how to reset your APM in order to solve the connectivity issues you're gonna get 5 times a day

RedWeasel

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
My favorite trick: In the accessibility section you can input an audiogram a few different ways and it will adjust the EQ to compensate for any hearing loss. It makes a big difference for me.
If used just as an EQ (not to actually compensate for hearing loss), that is peak Apple useability ;)

shawnforever

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
My favorite trick: In the accessibility section you can input an audiogram a few different ways and it will adjust the EQ to compensate for any hearing loss. It makes a big difference for me.
Same.

I wish those accommodations were also available on my Mac

liberte1776

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2014
AirPods Pros are garbage, they don’t stay in your ears, my dad has the same problem, for the price apple sells they should offer a complete solution!!! 🤦🏼

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
AirPods Pros are garbage, they don’t stay in your ears, my dad has the same problem, for the price apple sells they should offer a complete solution!!! 🤦🏼
Sounds like a you problem. Mine stay in all day and I run and workout and do my physically demanding job in them while covered in sweat. Never once have they fallen out.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
Try foam eartips, like from comply on amazon. Everyone’s ears are different, sometimes third party eartips will work better

Agent4797

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2018
Unfortunately none is to prevent AirPod Max from dying... I've had mine for 3 years, the ONLY use it at night to watch content on my iPad while on bed, yet, one day they decided stop from connecting to any my devices (iphones, ipads, appletv), did EVERY SINGLE troubleshooting i could find, nothing worked. They simply...died.
I had the exact same issue, only used mine at nights to watch movies, they suddenly stopped working after 3 years lol

• Wow
Reactions: Criss P.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Here is my tip.
Turns off all smart features as much as possible in order to get predictable listening experience regardless of where you are and what you are doing. ANC is pretty much the only smart feature needed.

4k78

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Did Apple release a tip on how to make it weigh less and cost less?

Silverado

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Did you call Apple support or take them to genius bad appointment?

MasterControlProgram

macrumors regular
May 5, 2022
Do they have a helpful tip on when they’re going to fix the AirPods 3 constantly popping up the instruction telling me that one squeeze of the bud will now mute a call? Or maybe a tip on how to stop it resetting back to this even when I set it to one squeeze to end calls?

tenordrum

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2019
DC Beltway
Did you call Apple support or take them to genius bad appointment?
I realize you asked Silverado that question, but I took my dead APMs to the genius bar and was told for $300 they would send them in (likely for a refurb exchange) . My son had the same issue with his. I just chose not to give them $300 for a product that has a common flaw, with no opportunity to add AppleCare to prevent another $300 service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.