Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
GA, United States
This is my second phone that I upgraded with iUP and clearly bought with iUP last year at launch. (I upgraded my phone twice under iUP last year with early upgrade fee paid, once in April and in Oct. I gotta have that RED) I used to check Apple Store app sometimes to see how much balance do I have left or when would be my next upgrade cycle sort of things and it worked just fine last time I check in June or July. After the initial report of T-Mo and AT&T’s iUP brute force attack thing, I got reminded to check it once again today and now it says my phone is not enrolled to iUP at all. So, the next thing came up on my mind is let’s chat with support, so I went on Apple website and did the thing and he didn’t have any idea what was going on and keep suggesting me that it might be my phone not meeting the upgrade cycle yet or no newer phone presence to upgrade, which is totally wrong. I know the face that I should be able to upgrade after the first 6 month no matter which model I want accept SE and older models. But apart from that, I can’t even see my remaining balance on iUP early upgrade. I still have an access to CitizenOne’s loan page and I couldn’t find anything worng with my payment or any changes on their side. I wonder if something going on Apple’s side since the yesterday’s report or changes on T-Mo iUP changes on online enrollment. Is anyone having the same problem as mine? Any suggestions?

BTW, it is an iPhone X upgraded under iUP in last Oct at launch with pre-approval/pre-order. Then I got a warrenty replacement due to a AMOLED screen defect and some other minor issue after a screen replacement. iUP enrollemnt status showed me correct ammount and date when last time i checked with the serial number and IMEI of my replacement phone.

UPDATE: I found the serial# and IMEI of my old iPhone X that had replaced under warrenty and it says the same thing. Not enrolled yet.

Last edited:

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Here the issue when I check my upgrade eligibility it doesn’t show anything and I see this It looks like you’re not enrolled yet.

I called Apple care and talked to Apple agreement to get this resolved but they do see my Apple care plus is register to my device on iPhone upgrade program but on Apple website it doesn’t show and seems like a glitch to me and they did escalate the issue to a different team before the announcement of the new iPhones .

Do you people have same glitch as me ?

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
No glitch here. I saw a similar thread to this earlier and the person also swapped their phone at one point like you do all the time, so maybe it’s significant to people who do that.

Last edited:

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I think it's a system issue. Mine was showing that I am currently part of the iUP up until yesterday. I just had to check today and seems like it's not working.
I reported this to Apple agreement team for a fix if you people have same issue they should fix it before the preorder date that’s rumor for sept 14.

Reactions: thebrick

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Ask in the other thread

Just checked mine now and it’s still working for me. I’m sure it’ll straighten out soon.
It appears that it works for some and not others. Also I noticed that on the Apple Store App, yesterday it showed up on my account page but today, that part is missing. But I'm pretty sure it'll be resolved.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
It appears that it works for some and not others. Also I noticed that on the Apple Store App, yesterday it showed up on my account page but today, that part is missing. But I'm pretty sure it'll be resolved.
It should be before the preorder of the next iPhone and apple care agreement team will call me next Saturday to update me.
[doublepost=1535226073][/doublepost]

Last edited:

starbucks1222

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Antioch, CA
I have spent the past 4 hours on the phone with Apple, local Apple store who did my warranty swap back on 9/30/17 for a faulty lightning port a week after release, and Apple customer service. I have talked to so many people my brain hurts. It has now been upgraded to a senior adviser since no one seems to know how to fix this issue. I want this resolved prior to online preorders next month. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I have spent the past 4 hours on the phone with Apple, local Apple store who did my warranty swap back on 9/30/17 for a faulty lightning port a week after release, and Apple customer service. I have talked to so many people my brain hurts. It has now been upgraded to a senior adviser since no one seems to know how to fix this issue. I want this resolved prior to online preorders next month. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon.
I already escalated this with the Apple agreement team they escalated to a different department next Saturday I should have a response.
[doublepost=1535240488][/doublepost]For me people it looks like a glitch strange it worked a couple of days ago.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Update I call apple online store and Citzen loan they have no clue they told me wait for the apple agreement team advisor to call me seems like an issue on apple end with people who swapped there phone for a replacement.

Reactions: thebrick

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
I exchanged my X soon after I bought it for the speaker crackling issue. Now its saying I'm not in the iUP. Contacted chat last night they didnt seem to have a clue how to resolve. Told me contact Citizens?? Isn't there somewhere all our Apple devices are listed? Apple needs to update our files with the correct devices we own. Hopefully someone gets this resolved!

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I exchanged my X soon after I bought it for the speaker crackling issue. Now its saying I'm not in the iUP. Contacted chat last night they didnt seem to have a clue how to resolve. Told me contact Citizens?? Isn't there somewhere all our Apple devices are listed? Apple needs to update our files with the correct devices we own. Hopefully someone gets this resolved!

I’m working with apple agreement team but my advisor works Tuesday-Saturday

But when I did a replacement three weeks ago it worked fine but the latest replacement messed it up.

Go to my support.apple.com

My agreement team advisor see every good on his end but when we types in on apple website it’s not enrolled what a mess hoping for a fix.

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
Same issue here. I switched out my X in the weeks after launch. The IUP check says I'm not enrolled.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just checked mine now and it’s still working for me. I’m sure it’ll straighten out soon.

I'm wondering have you ever replaced your phone or still on the original one? I'm thinking generally right now the ones that are affected are probably the ones that are the replacement ones and not the original one.

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
I'm wondering have you ever replaced your phone or still on the original one? I'm thinking generally right now the ones that are affected are probably the ones that are the replacement ones and not the original one.

Original one. I’m thinking the same.

starbucks1222

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Antioch, CA
I’m working with apple agreement team but my advisor works Tuesday-Saturday

But when I did a replacement three weeks ago it worked fine but the latest replacement messed it up.

Go to my support.apple.com

My agreement team advisor see every good on his end but when we types in on apple website it’s not enrolled what a mess hoping for a fix.

Is your advisor Greg? That’s who I am dealing with, has the same schedule as yours.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
I had this with my previous 8 Plus, before moving to the X. It took weeks to get this sorted out. I also had multiple issues with Citizens regarding early loan repayment. I would be surprised if those who have an issue, get a quick resolution. All my issues were resolved, for me, but it took some time. Be persistent but polite.

starbucks1222

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Antioch, CA
I had this with my previous 8 Plus, before moving to the X. It took weeks to get this sorted out. I also had multiple issues with Citizens regarding early loan repayment. I would be surprised if those who have an issue, get a quick resolution. All my issues were resolved, for me, but it took some time. Be persistent but polite.

How did they solve your issue? Any details I can pass on to my advisor would be appreciated.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
I am not sure if your advisor is at a level that can handle this. The resolution required the involvement of one or more senior systems engineers, as it was an Apple Systems issue. It may have also necessitated communication between Senior Apple Staff and Citizens in ways that you would not have access to, with a simple contact to Citizens. The contracts resolution department, could tell the phone was purchased through IUP, but the IUP checker did not see the phone as participting.

Let me be very clear about my issue, which I suspect is different from yours. I was part of the IUP. I upgraded from a 7 plus to an 8 plus. I was prequalified. I got a new loan and returned the 7 plus. All that went on without a hitch.

I received the 8 plus and it was activated. My initial payments were corrrectly made to Citiizens. No issues there.

However, the phone (8 plus) was never registered as being part of the IUP, even though it was. At the time, there was not the urgency as there is now, because it was the beginning of the cycle. Hiwever, I pressed to have it resolved. It took about 6 weeks. Apple staff were great about staying in touch. There were weeks when there was no change in status/resolution, but I was always clear that work was continuing. Very impressed with how Apple handled this.

Last edited:

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I’m in the UK & have a lunch day 8+ on the iUP.

I made my 11th payment last week, but according to the app I’m eligible for an I store upgrade, but only if I pay (another) £51.45.

I’m hoping it rights itself, so I can move to the X Plus.

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
I’m in the UK & have a lunch day 8+ on the iUP.

I made my 11th payment last week, but according to the app I’m eligible for an I store upgrade, but only if I pay (another) £51.45.

I’m hoping it rights itself, so I can move to the X Plus.

I’m in the US and have a launch day X. Here we have to make 12 payments and I made the 11th last week and the 12th is supposed to be paid automatically at the beginning of September. According to the app, all I owe is that 12th payment, so we’ll see what the app says after the payment is made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.