Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2014
Yeah!
[doublepost=1536762711][/doublepost]
Did you email Tim Cook? Keep checking i think it will be fixed by ordering time.

It’s fixed for me. I already did the pre approval for a XS gold 64GB.
I wish everyone good luck on having this issue fix.
[doublepost=1536793131][/doublepost]
Does anyone know if you can upgrade early before 6 months on the program?

Enrolled: 03/19/2018
Early upgrade: 09/19/2018 - with advance payment
Annual Upgrade: 02/19/2019

You can, but you have to pay for the remaining 6 months in order to upgrade.

Reactions: patricem

zea

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
Unfortunately, I wasn’t aware of this issue until yesterday. They immediately knew what the problem was when I called but said it will take 24-48 hours to fix. Looks like I won’t be able to pre-order tonight :(

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
9 hours to go and my IUP enrollment is still not showing up. If it doesn’t work I’m going to order one full price for in store and figure it out then

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2014
9 hours to go and my IUP enrollment is still not showing up. If it doesn’t work I’m going to order one full price for in store and figure it out then

I spoke with a higher up advisor at Apple and she told me to order the phone and pick it up at the Apple store and once they see your current phone has the 12 payments they’ll cancel the current loan.

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
I spoke with a higher up advisor at Apple and she told me to order the phone and pick it up at the Apple store and once they see your current phone has the 12 payments they’ll cancel the current loan.
My advisor suggested buying full price and she would make sure the store can convert it to IUP. I ordered a sim free model. I then read that sim free was not available if you are going through IUP. Think this will cause yet another wrinkle?

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2014
My advisor suggested buying full price and she would make sure the store can convert it to IUP. I ordered a sim free model. I then read that sim free was not available if you are going through IUP. Think this will cause yet another wrinkle?

Im not sure. I doubt it cause the phones you get with IUP are unlocked and you just get the carries sim with it

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Anyone who did the upgrade and have the XS or XS Max on iUP having this issue? It's not showing up on my apple store app. I pre-ordered and picked it up on the 21st. I did Apple Chat and confirmed that they are seeing the monthly payment going out. But just doesn't show up on my end. Of course I have plenty of time but I'd rather have this resolved right away so I don't have this issue when the upgrade comes next year.

Anyone else having this issue or does it show up on you Apple Store App?

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
Anyone who did the upgrade and have the XS or XS Max on iUP having this issue? It's not showing up on my apple store app. I pre-ordered and picked it up on the 21st. I did Apple Chat and confirmed that they are seeing the monthly payment going out. But just doesn't show up on my end. Of course I have plenty of time but I'd rather have this resolved right away so I don't have this issue when the upgrade comes next year.

Anyone else having this issue or does it show up on you Apple Store App?
You are planning ahead.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I know this thread is mega old but I’m bumping it because I’m running into this issue now.

I checked my phone today and I’m getting the “not enrolled in the upgrade program.” Ugh. My 12 pro was supposed to be replaced when I got it for an issue but when the replacement came it was worse than the original device so I kept my original one. I think that threw it off.

3 calls later to Apple and they “think” they know what the issue is but it could take 3-5 days so I probably won’t be able to preorder on time this year unfortunately. I just hope the issue gets resolved! I followed the advice of people in here and emailed Tim Cook to try and get it sped up but who knows.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
This is my second phone that I upgraded with iUP and clearly bought with iUP last year at launch. (I upgraded my phone twice under iUP last year with early upgrade fee paid, once in April and in Oct. I gotta have that RED) I used to check Apple Store app sometimes to see how much balance do I have left or when would be my next upgrade cycle sort of things and it worked just fine last time I check in June or July. After the initial report of T-Mo and AT&T’s iUP brute force attack thing, I got reminded to check it once again today and now it says my phone is not enrolled to iUP at all. So, the next thing came up on my mind is let’s chat with support, so I went on Apple website and did the thing and he didn’t have any idea what was going on and keep suggesting me that it might be my phone not meeting the upgrade cycle yet or no newer phone presence to upgrade, which is totally wrong. I know the face that I should be able to upgrade after the first 6 month no matter which model I want accept SE and older models. But apart from that, I can’t even see my remaining balance on iUP early upgrade. I still have an access to CitizenOne’s loan page and I couldn’t find anything worng with my payment or any changes on their side. I wonder if something going on Apple’s side since the yesterday’s report or changes on T-Mo iUP changes on online enrollment. Is anyone having the same problem as mine? Any suggestions?

BTW, it is an iPhone X upgraded under iUP in last Oct at launch with pre-approval/pre-order. Then I got a warrenty replacement due to a AMOLED screen defect and some other minor issue after a screen replacement. iUP enrollemnt status showed me correct ammount and date when last time i checked with the serial number and IMEI of my replacement phone.

UPDATE: I found the serial# and IMEI of my old iPhone X that had replaced under warrenty and it says the same thing. Not enrolled yet.
Good luck to all in this situation. I had same issue several years ago, took many many phone calls and hours on the phone and about 10 days to fix.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just did this on my ipad. I used to be on the iup but I skipped the iup on 12. So I enrolled as new.

brezz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
I’m having a similar issue. My phone is registered as being part of the IUP, but when I try to go through the preapproval process I get a message saying “something went wrong when checking your eligibility”. I’ve called Apple twice and not gotten an answer. Have no idea where to go with this next…

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I’m having a similar issue. My phone is registered as being part of the IUP, but when I try to go through the preapproval process I get a message saying “something went wrong when checking your eligibility”. I’ve called Apple twice and not gotten an answer. Have no idea where to go with this next…
If your IUP is with Citizens One, I would give them a call. They may want for you to make that 12th payment before pre-approval.

Reactions: dazzlingirl

brezz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
It is with Citizens. The weird thing is that I have 11 payments done and I can’t get my phone through the process. My wife has 10 and gets immediately approved. But good advice to try to call them.

brezz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
Just made my 12th payment, I’ll try to report back if that worked in case others have a similar issue.

Reactions: beach bum
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.