Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I am skeptical they can fix it in the store. I also am not sure if you can order a new phone on IUP, on the same line, with an outstanding phone that is not eligible. Then there is the issue of how the Citizen’s systems will react. Is there any way to confirm what the Apple staff member has told you!
You can order a new phone on the upgrade program. It’s just a new line. You aren’t trading anything in. Make sense?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Then how do you get the trade in?
When you pick up the phone in store the Apple employee will cancel the new upgrade program line and then do the trade In

That is what the employee from Corp told me. I emailed Tim Cook and this guy called me

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Finally fixed for me! Things finally got moving once an executive laiason took over.

If you are still having the issue, email cook. Executive Liason will be assigned and navigate getting it corrected.

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
Finally fixed for me! Things finally got moving once an executive laiason took over.

If you are still having the issue, email cook. Executive Liason will be assigned and navigate getting it corrected.
Did they call you on Saturday and work with you? I’m still showing as not enrolled.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Did they call you on Saturday and work with you? I’m still showing as not enrolled.
They called me Friday and for the first time on my conversations with them confirmed they were going to fix. My contact told me it would be fixed over the weekend. Was great to see it was corrected this a.m.

I believe the process is manual and takes time for engineers to work through.
[doublepost=1536507911][/doublepost]
When you pick up the phone in store the Apple employee will cancel the new upgrade program line and then do the trade In

That is what the employee from Corp told me. I emailed Tim Cook and this guy called me

Couple of things-

-If you open the new upgrade, even it ends up being canceled, it will generate a hard Credit pull.

-a few of us got the same “solution” to start but we forced them to fix versus leveraging their work around.

The situation can be fixed, as long as it gets escalated on Apples end.

Good luck

Reactions: jsmitty

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
They called me Friday and for the first time on my conversations with them confirmed they were going to fix. My contact told me it would be fixed over the weekend. Was great to see it was corrected this a.m.

I believe the process is manual and takes time for engineers to work through.
[doublepost=1536507911][/doublepost]

Couple of things-

-If you open the new upgrade, even it ends up being canceled, it will generate a hard Credit pull.

-a few of us got the same “solution” to start but we forced them to fix versus leveraging their work around.

The situation can be fixed, as long as it gets escalated on Apples end.

Good luck
Its a hard pull whether you trade in or start a new one. Been a hard pull each trade in ive ever done.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Its a hard pull whether you trade in or start a new one. Been a hard pull each trade in ive ever done.
I guess that depends on case by case basis. I got a hard pull when I first started but when I trade it in and did the upgrade it was a soft pull. It never showed up on my report for me so definitely a soft pull.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
If thats true for you guys, its not worth a hard pull getting a new line bc of apples mistake. Hope this is fixed for me in the next 4 days.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
This is the email I just got from my Tim Cook email

Thanks for choosing Apple.

Hi Andrew,
We’re working on your request to have your iPhone show enrolled in the iPhone Upgrade Program. It’s taking longer than we expected, so please give us three to five more business days. We appreciate your patience.
If you have any questions, please let me know by replying to this email. I'll be happy to help.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007

Hi Andrew,
We’re working on your request to have your iPhone show enrolled in the iPhone Upgrade Program. It’s taking longer than we expected, so please give us three to five more business days. We appreciate your patience.
If you have any questions, please let me know by replying to this email. I'll be happy to help.
That sucks. Hopefully it will be fixed prior to preorder starting.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I’m going to get my iPhone X replaced at the Genius Bar, but will wait until I preorder the XS Plus because I don’t want to have an issue of the replacement not showing as being enrolled in the program.

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005

Hi Andrew,
This is the email I got too. I'm pretty sure you'll be fixed in time.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
This is the email I got too. I'm pretty sure you'll be fixed in time.
Thanks. Got another call from Apple And missed it Bc of work. Voicemail said call them back. But now she’s out of office until tomorrow. Checked the app still not fixed. Getting a bit nervous but got 3 more days. Thursday at midnight (Friday tech)

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
So this will not be fixed in time for me they said. Got like 4 people working with me. Said my case is complicated. What a bummer.

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
So this will not be fixed in time for me they said. Got like 4 people working with me. Said my case is complicated. What a bummer.
That isnt right. How complicated can it be? They should provide a way for you to still be able to upgrade.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2014
My hopes of getting an iPhone this year are going down the drain. I’ve been having this problem for 2 weeks now and I don’t think is getting fix soon. I don’t know how hard it is for them to fix this problem.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Just checked my app and its fixed! Really grateful. Called Citizens made my 12th payment. Should reflect on apples end tomorrow. Good to go Friday.

Now I know what to do if this happens next year. Always check your upgrade status and Applecare+ after any type of replacements.

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
Just checked my app and its fixed! Really grateful. Called Citizens made my 12th payment. Should reflect on apples end tomorrow. Good to go Friday.

Now I know what to do if this happens next year. Always check your upgrade status and Applecare+ after any type of replacements.
Yeah!
[doublepost=1536762711][/doublepost]
My hopes of getting an iPhone this year are going down the drain. I’ve been having this problem for 2 weeks now and I don’t think is getting fix soon. I don’t know how hard it is for them to fix this problem.
Did you email Tim Cook? Keep checking i think it will be fixed by ordering time.

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Yeah!
[doublepost=1536762711][/doublepost]
Did you email Tim Cook? Keep checking i think it will be fixed by ordering time.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade early before 6 months on the program?

Enrolled: 03/19/2018
Early upgrade: 09/19/2018 - with advance payment
Annual Upgrade: 02/19/2019

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I am trying to pre-enroll like they did last year but its saying it cant find my loan with my ssn. grr.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.