Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I’m pretty sure my monitor is sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the US.

I don’t see it being shipped or manufactured.

1647391600774.png

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I’m pretty sure my monitor is sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the US.

I don’t see it being shipped or manufactured.

View attachment 1974209
Very possible - some inventory is probably already in a US warehouse.

I remember when I ordered the M1 Mini, it was shipped from a local AI warehouse in Rialto, CA the day before launch / release and received it as promised.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
Well I sold my 24" iMac on Monday night, then immediately placed an order for the Studio Display, arriving in 3 - 4 weeks. I am currently using my 14" Macbook Pro connected to a Full HD 27" Samsung and it is horrid! I really need my 5k monitor ?. I hope I can place an order online on Thursday night / Friday morning for pick up in my local store or I think I will cry ?

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
I ordered 3 of the nano with height/tilt for the Ultra but now second guessing the nano part. Sounds like more difficult to clean, scratches easy, and text is blurrier. Yes it has much less glare but I think the other factors trump that. Hoping that I can get some standard ones with height adjustment in an Apple Store. Three should look good but if they come out with an XDR Studio display 32” at WWDC, I’ll sell a 27” SD and get one of those for the middle one.

Reactions: slainbabyyc

CoffeeMacBook

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2021
It'll be awhile until I get mine (next month ?). Please let me know how the Video quality is on the in-built web camera. I'm really curious about the quality, since I ordered a Logitech Brio and canceled at the last minute. I know the 24" iMac reviewers say their in-built web camera was better than anything out in the market excluding DSLRs or Mirrorless. I'm curious how it compares to the 24" iMac's quality. 12MP vs 1080p ?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
It'll be awhile until I get mine (next month ?). Please let me know how the Video quality is on the in-built web camera. I'm really curious about the quality, since I ordered a Logitech Brio and canceled at the last minute. I know the 24" iMac reviewers say their in-built web camera was better than anything out in the market excluding DSLRs or Mirrorless. I'm curious how it compares to the 24" iMac's quality. 12MP vs 1080p ?
I believe that the webcam is a 1080p sensor, is it not?

• Wow
Reactions: CoffeeMacBook

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
I’ll be curious to get confirmation, but it looks like the Studio Display has a fan based on one of the marketing shots of the A13 chip and it would appear the holes on the top are not necessarily for any speaker.
Definitely no fans. The wholes in the top could be for passive cooling, but neither the LCD nor the chip will need active cooling.
If an M1 iPad Pro has no fan, neither will this display.

• Sad
Reactions: Gudi

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Jan 25, 2008
I am looking forward to hearing from the first in the wild, if the screen is as glossy as the original ATDs? I want to add one Studio Display to 2 ATDs, and I won't if the surfaces do not match...

flapflapflap

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Yes, it‘s a few days until any of us will actually be “owners,” but the reviews should be coming soon, and we should have a dedicated thread to share our thoughts. Suggested topics of discussion:
  • What are your initial impressions (after you set it up)?
  • Are you replacing an existing display or adding a new display?
  • Are you satisfied with your selection of stand/mount? Would you get a different stand/mount if you had to do it over?
  • Are you using it with Windows? How well does it work?
I will be getting one for now (with the height adjustable stand) to use alongside my LG 34 inch 5K2K. Both shall be connected via a TB4 hub to my 16 inch MBP Pro 1.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Waiting on reviews before i bite. Wonder how a dual monitor setup will handle the speakers and facetime
If Apple was smart, they would install a setting somewhere in system preferences, maybe in the Display panel that will allow you to enable or disable the webcams on the monitors.

Arctic Moose

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Are you replacing an existing display or adding a new display?

I currently use two HP Z27 4K monitors. I really miss the iMac 5K I sold when I got a 14" in November. Can't wait for this display to arrive!

Are you satisfied with your selection of stand/mount?

I am pretty sure I will be. The monitors I have now are on an Ergotron HX Dual, the Studio Display will be replacing one of these, so of course I chose the VESA option. (The stand was the one thing I really disliked about the iMac.)

Are you using it with Windows?

I will try it with a Thunderbolt-equipped HP EliteBook. If it works well I'll get another to replace the other Z27.

Last edited:
Reactions: KPOM

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
If Apple was smart, they would install a setting somewhere in system preferences, maybe in the Display panel that will allow you to enable or disable the webcams on the monitors.
Terminal command:

1. Reboot into macOS Recovery (the not BIOS?)

• Reboot hold Command-R (⌘-R)
  • Select your account
  • Click next (yes, enter doesn’t work)
  • Enter your password
1*NbRX7V-PKpc-W7oxJxOnwA.jpeg

Copyright Apple

2. Disable SIP

• Select “Terminal” from the “Utilities” menu.
  • Type the following and hit enter:
csrutil disable
  • Reboot your Mac

3. Mount Filesystem as Writable

sudo mount -uw /
  • You will notice that your filesystem accessibility might be broken now, so reboot to revert the effects (which you’ll do to enable SIP again anyway)

4. Start Disabling and Deleting the NSA SpyApp (i.e. disable AppleCamera)

• Once logged in (obviously), open up a terminal
  • Elevate to root:
sudo su
  • Type either (or both) of the following blindly with no prior research as to whether it is the correct commands, putting full trust in Ockom Labs:
chmod a-r /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMediaIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/VDC.plugin/Contents/MacOS/VDCrm -R /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMediaIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/VDC.plugin/Contents/MacOS/VDC
  • If you want to be really sure about making sure you’ve removed AppleCamera. Type the following:
rm -R /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMediaIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/AppleCamera.plugin/

5. Enable SIP

• Follow Step 1 above to reboot into macOS recovery
  • Select “Terminal” from the “Utilities” menu
csrutil enable
  • Reboot your Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.