Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blouis79

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2005
apple.com is down again

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.apple.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.f6986596.1410289532.1cac4f7e

...and now the apple store

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://store.apple.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.399d3e17.1410289964.c7f41cd

Last edited:

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
"Requires iPhone"

Good luck, Apple!

Yeah this is one of the obstacles to selling this en masse. IMHO, what Apple should have done (and maybe they still can) is to say:

"At this time, the Apple Watch requires pairing up with an iPhone. But in the near future….. we plan to allow you to pair your Apple Watch with Macs, PCs, as well as iPads."

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
Thank god for preorders this yr,but I don't like how they put only 720 p HD on the 6 and the 6plus is full 1080p I kinda feel like those that choose the 6 get shafted,and no 32 GB!?? WTF!? It's either16 or 64 or 128,they should have just dumped the 16 all together.
I'm leaning towards the 5.5 in gold,the I watch is too expensive in my opinion it should be $299 and up.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
Look forward to seeing the phones in person.

The watch certainly seem very Apple except for how thick it is.

hetrigger

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Texas
This "LIVE" event sucked! Jumped the shark with "and one more thing". the phones looked good. looking forward to the "clean" recording of this. And if you like U2, ALL iTunes accounts get there newest album.

I do wish they announced Yosemite release. But what do I know.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Crap feed killed my AppleTV. Restarted it and then it went to Home Sharing and Settings only. Tried again same. Had to reset all settings. Fun redoing all the settings.

paulrustad101

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
Keynote AppleTV problems

I am not sure if anyone else was having problems viewing the keynote on AppleTV. I certainly did. It kept dropping the connection, pause, stutter. I am not sure how much bandwidth they used, but getting the event here in Minneapolis was pretty much a no-go. I have 100 Mps service from Comcast and anything from Apple was pretty much toast. Even the mac based streaming was horrible. Not sure if was Apple or other people responsible, but I mostly missed the whole event.

Bummer.

----------

Yeah this is one of the obstacles to selling this en masse. IMHO, what Apple should have done (and maybe they still can) is to say:

"At this time, the Apple Watch requires pairing up with an iPhone. But in the near future….. we plan to allow you to pair your Apple Watch with Macs, PCs, as well as iPads."

Would be nice with iPad and iPod that run OS8. Tim did say he controls his appleTV with it. Perhaps BT LE is running......

paulrustad101

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
this time you really ****ed up royally. 25 minutes into the presentation I finally get a stream. Only on my 5s, not on iPad, not on my MPpro. With Chinese translation. In Germany.

WTF?

Tim, you knew what to expect. You even fired the hype. You ****ed up.
Technology leader? "Only Apple can do that!"? Yeah, right.

BTW: Phil with Chinese dubbing just died on my iPhone too.

Not good, Apple. Not good.

I had the same problem in Minneapolis, MN USA. With the Chinese translation the whole freaking time it was running, which was pretty much NOT happening.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
So they started the replay of the stream on the web and it had all the crap of the live event at the beginning. It's been taken down again now.

Note sure I want to spend two freakin' hours watching though :confused:

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
Fugly Watch

That may be the ugliest watch I've ever seen. Couldnt believe it when I saw it. I literally thought there must be some mix up. All the speculation of designs we've seen here on MR look way better. I'd be embarrassed to wear it.

e

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
The iPhone – now taller and heavier then ever. :mad:

Height:
4 = 115 mm [ ± 0% | – 7% | –17% | –27% ]
5 = 124 mm [ + 8% | ± 0% | –10% | –22% ]
6 = 138 mm [ +20% | +11% | ± 0% | –13% ]
+ = 158 mm [ +37% | +27% | +14% | ± 0% ]

For an iPhone 4 user the iPhone 6+ is 37% taller.

Weight:
4 = 137 g [ ± 0% | +22% | + 6% | –20% ]
5 = 112 g [ –18% | ± 0% | –13% | –35% ]
6 = 129 g [ – 6% | +15% | ± 0% | –25% ]
+ = 172 g [ +25% | +54% | +33% | ± 0% ]

For an iPhone 5 user the iPhone 6+ is 54% heavier.

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
I wonder how many people are now jobless over that horrible streaming debacle. It would skip back and forth in time from the current spot back to the intro...just horrible. One could argue if Apple can't even stream this event live to the Apple TV and web, how can we trust their products to "just work".

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Apple fan....just amazed at how horrible that was. And don't tell me "they didn't know how many people would watch, so it crashed their servers". That's a load of crap. This is the biggest thing since the iPhone and Apple amped it up to be. Someone's getting fired...thankfully the MacRumors stream worked flawlessly! :D

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I am not sure if anyone else was having problems viewing the keynote on AppleTV. I certainly did. It kept dropping the connection, pause, stutter. I am not sure how much bandwidth they used, but getting the event here in Minneapolis was pretty much a no-go. I have 100 Mps service from Comcast and anything from Apple was pretty much toast. Even the mac based streaming was horrible. Not sure if was Apple or other people responsible, but I mostly missed the whole event.

Bummer.

----------

Would be nice with iPad and iPod that run OS8. Tim did say he controls his appleTV with it. Perhaps BT LE is running......

Crapped out on my iPhone. I have a feeling Tim will have some words with the people that were expecting to watch the live feed.

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I wonder how many people are now jobless over that horrible streaming debacle. It would skip back and forth in time from the current spot back to the intro...just horrible. One could argue if Apple can't even stream this event live to the Apple TV and web, how can we trust their products to "just work".

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Apple fan....just amazed at how horrible that was. And don't tell me "they didn't know how many people would watch, so it crashed their servers". That's a load of crap. This is the biggest thing since the iPhone and Apple amped it up to be. Someone's getting fired...thankfully the MacRumors stream worked flawlessly! :D

I loved the second audio in Japanese. That helped me understand why it was like watching it on a 14.4k modem.

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2011

Bummer.

Likewise, missed it all..

Any ideas on what was announced? :)

Last edited:

kd5jos

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Denver, CO
that is the sad truth

he may of been awkward to work with, but he had vision which i think apple has lost.

Jony Ive is our only hope

Really? Lost vision? In two products (one brand new) Apple has essentially emptied your pockets. You no longer need to bring cash/credit cards/check book with you because of ApplePay, and who needs keys anymore? The AppleWatch can be used to open your front door (with a retrofit) or start your car. And look at all the merchants that jumped on board with this. I suspect Apples stock will jump.

Did I miss the thing that Steve did that involved the cooperation of so many businesses?

----------

No he isn't. He is in charge of all design, software and hardware. This is first and foremost his fail, not Tim Cooks. There is no hope. The founder is dead and his vision died with him.

End of :apple:

I'll take that bet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.