Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
The point is there are only 3 kinds of people before Apple announces something:

1. People who spread rumours leaks and talk about them.
2. People who spread inside information (and they know that's wrong to do so)
3. Apple themselves who say nothing till the official announcement.

These people are number 2.

There is no difference between 1 and 2 unless you locate the original source for any news. This news is probably coming from a source of a source of a source of Recode that they trust. It all starts with someone inside or very near Apple but you will never identify that person and even if you did, you cannot even prove what they did was wrong considering Apple might want it all to happen the way it is unfolding.

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
It would actually be smart for apple to reveal the iwatch months before it launches to give developers time to make apps for it. Apple will probable send developers a kit like they did with the Mac Pro.

The iWatch will not support 3rd party apps. At the most Apple will allow notifications to be sent to the watch through iOS.

That's my prediction.

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
Touche. But, it's not ONLY news and that was my point.

Gosh! Someone using the letters "ouche" in that order, in a word, and NOT using them in a word that is trying to be deliberately offensive; I **have** to commend you for that :D

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I kind of agree, in that whatever happens, I just can't see Apple missing the pre Xmas selling window.

The iBand/iWatch will (I think) be an enormous seller for Apple, but will it sell as many if it misses that window?

I don't think so, as I think this will account for a huge amount of impulse buys, as it's not something that needs anything complicated like a phone contract and it's not a phone that needs to be purchased on the right network, etc, you just go in/online, buy the unit and you're done.

I do think you're right about an 'unveil' in September though, to get it out there and ensure anyone who's on the fence about a wearable will hold on 'because Apple will be releasing one' real soon.

That's really good point. My bet is on a pre-Christmas buy for these. With the new news on them it seems that they might be headed into production very soon which would put them on target no later than November, which is the official launch of the Christmas shopping season.

jarofclay73

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Gosh! Someone using the letters "ouche" in that order, in a word, and NOT using them in a word that is trying to be deliberately offensive; I **have** to commend you for that :D

THAT is funny. :D

----------

The iWatch will not support 3rd party apps. At the most Apple will allow notifications to be sent to the watch through iOS.

That's my prediction.

You're probably right. The Health app/HealthKit will be the gate between the iWatch and the multitude of health apps out there. So, there will probably be no need to actually load apps onto the iWatch.

Of course, we've all been wrong before. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.