Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aliquis

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2004
Utah
Wow... that's hilarious. Maybe Apple bought it so they can bury the word so no-one else uses it. ehvar....

(I really hope so anyway - we'll be the laughing stock buying our vingles for our video 'pods.)

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
aswitcher said:
Video Mingle seems the best guess to me...or at least the combo I most want to see realised as a tablet like device :)

Video Jingle...... the latest advertisement niche market.

Thats it, I called it :p

GregA2

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2005
Chaszmyr said:
I think they did hit a low with Bonjour, Vingle isn't nearly as bad :p

If you ask me, the LOW was hit with Mighty Mouse. THAT was just silly.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
iTMS Now Has Vingles

If you look on the ITMS (at least for the UK) they were advertising an "Exclusive Pussycat Dolls Vingle". clicking it took you to the normal song page where you could simply play a preview of the video single...vingle, like some of you said.

Looks like that's all it was, for the time being anyway. I'm guessing more news later at MWSF.

Attachments

• Vingle Proof 1.png
    Vingle Proof 1.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 144

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Gil_Grissom said:
If you look on the ITMS (at least for the UK) they were advertising an "Exclusive Pussycat Dolls Vingle". clicking it took you to the normal song page where you could simply play a preview of the video single...vingle, like some of you said.

Looks like that's all it was, for the time being anyway. I'm guessing more news later at MWSF.

Good spot - still don't like the name though.

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
Strange to trademark it. I like a world where no one owns the rights to the word "single" for instance. And really - just on the merits - were we all confused when MTV played "videos" (way back in the VJ days)... "Video, what the hell is that... do they mean movie... I'm so confused." I just can't recall any conversation like that. Is this is silly overreaching by Apple to pretend like they've invented the idea of a short film that goes along with music?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.