Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today introduced a new Pride Edition Sport Band for the Apple Watch, accompanied by a matching watch face and iPhone wallpaper. Priced at $49, the band will be available to order on Apple.com and in the Apple Store app starting May 23, and will be available at select Apple Store locations beginning May 24.

Apple-Watch-Pride-Edition-Band-2023-Feature.jpg

Inspired by the LGBTQ+ community, the new Pride band features a confetti-like design showcasing the original Pride flag colors and five others. The band is available in 41mm and 45mm sizes for the Apple Watch Series 3 and later.
Inspired by the strength and beauty of the LGBTQ+ community, the new Sport Band design showcases the original pride flag rainbow colors and five others — black and brown symbolize Black and Latin communities, in addition to those who have passed away from or are living with HIV/AIDS, while light blue, pink, and white represent transgender and nonbinary individuals.
The matching Pride Celebration watch face and iPhone wallpaper will be available next week, and will require watchOS 9.5 and iOS 16.5 or later.

Apple releases a new Pride band each year and continues to support and bring awareness to LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations around the world.

Article Link: Apple Unveils 2023 Pride Band Launching Later This Month

Last edited:

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
Looks like they just went crazy with sprinkles.

The Nike Pride band from 2020 and the Braided Solo Loop remain my favorite of the bunch.

Attachments

• 6334421_rd.jpg;maxHeight=2000;maxWidth=2000.jpeg
    6334421_rd.jpg;maxHeight=2000;maxWidth=2000.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 1,897
  • apple_pride2021_watch-series6_braided-solo-loop-pride-edition_05172021_carousel.jpg.large_2x.jpg
    apple_pride2021_watch-series6_braided-solo-loop-pride-edition_05172021_carousel.jpg.large_2x.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 1,801

phenste

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
Noticed the "designed with pride in California" text on the reverse of the pin. Was this present on previous editions?
not that I can recall and I kinda love it 🥲

not my favorite design of all time—that will most likely forever go to the Braided Solo Loop—but I have no room for hate after spending all of Saturday volunteering at my local Pride parade. love to see Apple doing this year after year.

💜🏳️‍🌈

Bright designs.

Apple should make accompanying silicone iPhone cases for these special editions.

edit: I almost typed out this exact same thing in this comment, then I scrolled up a lil…😆 it’s a great idea!

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
I see sprinkles everywhere! 🤨

Where is the Apple Watch Ultra bands, Apple?

My first thought when I saw the watch band was birthday cake. The combination of rainbow colors on a white background, like icing.

When you said sprinkles, I switched to soft ice cream with sprinkles (we call the "Jimmies" in my part of the world).

And now I want an ice cream cone.

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
Do they donate a portion of the profits to LGBTQ+ causes?
"Through these efforts, Apple supports and brings awareness to LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations that are working to bring about positive change, including Equality Federation Institute, an advocacy accelerator that is building a network of state-based LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations in the U.S., and GLSEN, an education organization working to end discrimination, harassment, and bullying based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. Additional advocacy organizations Apple supports include Encircle, Equality North Carolina, Equality Texas, Gender Spectrum, Human Rights Campaign, ILGA World, the National Center for Transgender Equality, PFLAG, SMYAL, and The Trevor Project. "

Advocacy and support, but doesn't mention a portion of the profits like they do with Product RED.

Smigit

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2011
Can’t say I like this band. Favourite remains the braided loop. Wish I’d grabbed it before the price went way up when the local currency was re-baselined most recently.

Reactions: dustin_

alfonsog

Contributor
Jul 17, 2002
Cape Coral, FL
I usually buy a band.. maybe it looks better in person? I just realized I haven't even worn my watch since December because I usually don't wear it when I'm playing violin and I played so many services since December.. at least 50. Maybe I should wear it today!

Reactions: orbital~debris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.