Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
With the caveat that there's no accounting for taste, I do wish they'd pay tribute to the beauty of the LGBT community with something... beautiful.

• Disagree
Reactions: -DMN- and Marie.D

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Honestly does not remind me of "pride" at all. I just see colored pills/bacteria.
Would be surprised if anyone who didn't read about this being pride bands would recognize them as such.

PineappleSorbet

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Worcestershire, U.K.
Do you buy every pride band that comes out?

It would be nice if Apple came out with a pride band specifically for the Ultra. I may buy one (if it looks pretty). There are some rainbow designs that are just too clashy for me, and some that are really really tastefully done.

Also, why doesn't Apple keep the various pride wallpaper themes from year to year, allowing us to pick older wallpapers if we want?

Ooh, a Pride band for the Ultra would be nice. I’m rocking a Trail loop at the moment, but I reckon they could do a nice Pride one similar to the woven 2018 and 2019 bands.

Yes, I do indeed - but that’s most to satisfy my “OCD” in making sure I have them for my collection. Of them all, I wore the Nike 2020 Pride band the most. It was incredibly tastefully done, IMO.

Reactions: msackey

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
How about a special band and watch face for old, bald guys?

Here you go...

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 21.17.22.png

plain-leather-watchband-brown-175_1024x1024.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: xraydoc and Gudi

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
Literally, what on EARTH is this comment even for. One must be blind and deaf to not consider Apple an ally. Do they do everything? No. Do they do a lot? Absolutely. When the most valuable company on Earth has a gay CEO, I think we are making progress.
Steve Jobs didn’t select Tim Cook as his successor because he’s gay; but you knew that right?

bgillander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2007
Pretty much my feelings too! Like for the pride band, couldn't they use the design of the iPhone wallpaper rather than this sprinkling of pride "pills"? (Sorry, don't know what to call them, but they look like pills :) )
Your “pills” might be on target, as I’m thinking they are a reference to the shape of the iPhone Pro’s Dynamic Island. Seems like an Apple callback motif to me. Or maybe I’m overthinking it.

Reactions: SFjohn and msackey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.