Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Does anyone believe last year's Pride theme was better?

1683642909446.png

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
My first thought when I saw the watch band was birthday cake. The combination of rainbow colors on a white background, like icing.

When you said sprinkles, I switched to soft ice cream with sprinkles (we call the "Jimmies" in my part of the world).

And now I want an ice cream cone.
Yes I just see birthday cake, myself. But I’ve been cutting carbs, trying to get fit, so I’m hallucinating donuts everywhere, anyway. 🤣

TechRemarker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Unfortunately, only so many ways to make a pride band, and while some have been lovely and appealing to all genders, ages and allies, this one has to be the worst I've seen with a far more limited audience compared to previous years, as well it not being on the far more popular Braided Solo Loop. Reminds me of MS Paint days.

spencecb

Suspended
Nov 20, 2003
Literally, what on EARTH is this comment even for. One must be blind and deaf to not consider Apple an ally. Do they do everything? No. Do they do a lot? Absolutely. When the most valuable company on Earth has a gay CEO, I think we are making progress.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
Not the best pride brand they made. Looks kinda ugly.
Yeah, I think the pride band is a little meh. The pride wallpaper for the Watch is ok. But, the pride wallpaper for the iPhone is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE IT.

Edit: I see that lots of folks have expressed that they don't much like the band either. Hmm..kinda interesting that Apple came out with such a lackluster band eh?

Last edited:

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
I like the wallpaper, I like the watch face, but it's not a great band.
Pretty much my feelings too! Like for the pride band, couldn't they use the design of the iPhone wallpaper rather than this sprinkling of pride "pills"? (Sorry, don't know what to call them, but they look like pills :) )

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
I'll end up buying it anyway, but I can't say I particularly like it.

I still think 2018, 2020 Nike and 2021 loop were/are "top tier".
Do you buy every pride band that comes out?

It would be nice if Apple came out with a pride band specifically for the Ultra. I may buy one (if it looks pretty). There are some rainbow designs that are just too clashy for me, and some that are really really tastefully done.

Also, why doesn't Apple keep the various pride wallpaper themes from year to year, allowing us to pick older wallpapers if we want?

Last edited:

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018

Apple today introduced a new Pride Edition Sport Band for the Apple Watch, accompanied by a matching watch face and iPhone wallpaper. Priced at $49, the band will be available to order on Apple.com and in the Apple Store app starting May 23, and will be available at select Apple Store locations beginning May 24.

Apple-Watch-Pride-Edition-Band-2023-Feature.jpg

Inspired by the LGBTQ+ community, the new Pride band features a confetti-like design showcasing the original Pride flag colors and five others. The band is available in 41mm and 45mm sizes for the Apple Watch Series 3 and later.The matching Pride Celebration watch face and iPhone wallpaper will be available next week, and will require watchOS 9.5 and iOS 16.5 or later.

Apple releases a new Pride band each year and continues to support and bring awareness to LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations around the world.

Article Link: Apple Unveils 2023 Pride Band Launching Later This Month
The screen saver on the iPhone has something, but the watch band and face, looks terrible IMO 😏

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
the 2020 Nike one was my favorite when I had S4/7, now that I have the Ultra - still waiting for new bands ...

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Love the watch face. I think I like the band, making me one of the few.

But like many, I think the braided band from a couple years ago is the best. I never would have purchased it for myself, but it is one of my favorite gifts ever.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
My first thought when I saw the watch band was birthday cake. The combination of rainbow colors on a white background, like icing.

When you said sprinkles, I switched to soft ice cream with sprinkles (we call the "Jimmies" in my part of the world).

And now I want an ice cream cone.
Same for me too…ice cream with jimmies. We even have a local soft ice cream chain named Jimmie Cone. I can’t wait to see this band in real life.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Who’s drinking a 6 pack of Budweiser with me in the Apple store parking lot after I pick up this band?!? 😂

Seriously though, I like this band.

• Haha
Reactions: cbaca51
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.