Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
Returned both small and medium and went with EUCARLOS. Cannot be more than happy with the decision. All other cases available are far too bulky; this one is as compact as it can get. The silicone inserts are nice packed ins to prevent inside lens scratches (it has suction cups but you don’t have to stick them to the lens)
This looks nice. Any concern of the strapped battery flopping around due to its weight? Perhaps I could velcro that pad that holds the battery to the bottom of the case.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I’m looking at the Apple Travel Case and I’m trying to understand how the battery doesn’t rest on top of the Vision Pro (or vice versa) when the case is closed. Seems like if there’s any movement, they could collide with each other?

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
How is everyone storing their AVPs at home? Right now, I have it on the platform included in the box, but I wish I could buy one of those trays like what they use to bring out the demo models in the Apple Store.
I just keep mine on my desk after putting on the cover, since I'm using the AVP often. But I can see myself getting a travel case (not Apple's) when I'm not going to use the AVP for a day or more.

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
View attachment 2348330 I’ve been using a BoboVR head strap from my Meta Quest 3 days. I’ve used this with Vision Pro for the entire past 2 work days with no pain, but we’ll see if that pattern continues. I prefer this over the solutions here since from experience it clamps my hairline area and back of skull, instead the knit band alone due to the numbing cheek pain. However, BoboVR’s headstrap doesn’t attach to the Vision Pro out of the box. Found this adapter from an engineer on Reddit with reportedlt hundreds of sales already. Comes with some optional accessories which were recently after I ordered which I haven’t tried. From the pictures, you can detach the OEM backstrap use the solo knit band https://eyerise.shop/products/bobovr-m3-pro-adapter-for-apple-vision-pro
looks good but this is easier….

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpeg
    IMG_2740.jpeg
    942.3 KB · Views: 49

tengorazon

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
I’m looking at the Apple Travel Case and I’m trying to understand how the battery doesn’t rest on top of the Vision Pro (or vice versa) when the case is closed. Seems like if there’s any movement, they could collide with each other?
It actually sits over the middle area where the accessories bag goes.

Reactions: batting1000

kreasu_

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2022
velcro sells matching gray zip ties you can cut down they’re just their gray cable ties on Amazon

Oh someone on discord pointed out that the steel series Arctis head strap for their headphones makes a decent strap too apparently ymmv tho

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    494.9 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: ViperrepiV

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Additionally, the Apple case is cavernous. There's no danger of that.

AVP_NEWB

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2024
Can you use the pad that has straps to hold the controllers for the VP battery and charging block?
The loops on that pad are actually pretty small. I don’t think they would even fit over the battery and charging block. (I could try this out, of course, but I’m currently currently sitting in the hot tub).

If it did fit, I don’t think this would be secure. I’d be worried about the heavy battery slipping out and contacting the lenses.

When I put the battery in the mesh pocket on top of the case, i don’t believe there’s any way for it to slip out once the case is closed. That’s because the AVP basically pinches the mesh pocket shut when you close the case.

The charging block and cable are lightweight enough that I’m not worried about them injuring the lenses in the little fabric pouch I have. I’m also flipping the solo loop around and using it as a pad up against the back of the AVP.

Ensyed

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
Has anyone seen a cover for the lenses? I received one when I had bought a case for Quest 2

i assume it’s a good idea to protect the lenses when stored

kevin2577

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
“Apple’s case is too expensive.”

WaterField is like…well, let us join them.

Good thing Spigen’s at least more reasonable at $89, but it won’t get released until Christmas at this rate.
It is pricey but Waterfield stuff is really high quality. Hand-made at their workshop in San Francisco. I have had several bags and sleeves from them and have always come away impressed. I got the Apple case but this one is very tempting...

Reactions: mlenger

bryanhalpin

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
It is pricey but Waterfield stuff is really high quality. Hand-made at their workshop in San Francisco. I have had several bags and sleeves from them and have always come away impressed. I got the Apple case but this one is very tempting...
Waterfield is great! However this new case has one flaw. The headset will not fit comfortably in the case with the strap on, so you will need to remove the head strap after each use, which is minimal but still annoying.

Reactions: TLewis

kevin2577

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
Waterfield is great! However this new case has one flaw. The headset will not fit comfortably in the case with the strap on, so you will need to remove the head strap after each use, which is minimal but still annoying.
Agreed, it is an annoyance, but probably necessary to get it as small as they did. Also at least strap removal for AVP is quite easy, certainly much easier than a Quest 3, where it always feels like I am breaking it whenever I change the head strap. I think I will stick with my Apple case personally, but it is a nice case.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
While Waterfield does make nice cases, this one is too small. I don't want a case where I have to disassemble the AVP.

VisionRex

Suspended
Feb 22, 2024
Do any of these case makers not understand that a shoulder strap is a preference? I am crippled and on crutches and carrying with a shoulder strap is required. What blows my mind is that this is something Apple usually thinks through but didn’t with their white easy stain egg. Which does not fit in a book bag very well so I have to carry it in a duffel. Which is annoying because now I have to abandon my laptop bag and put it all in the duffel; carrying two bags on top of my messenger bag with medicines and wallet is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Do any of these case makers not understand that a shoulder strap is a preference? I am crippled and on crutches and carrying with a shoulder strap is required. What blows my mind is that this is something Apple usually thinks through but didn’t with their white easy stain egg. Which does not fit in a book bag very well so I have to carry it in a duffel. Which is annoying because now I have to abandon my laptop bag and put it all in the duffel; carrying two bags on top of my messenger bag with medicines and wallet is just ridiculous.

I’ve seen where a number of cases do seem to fit in backpacks. The Waterfield one for instance, they show where it fits in one of theirs. I’ve seen others on Amazon.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The waterfield case has an optional shoulder strap.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Look into a case/sling called the peak design sling in either the 6L or 10 L size. I keep my Vision Pro in the 10L sling and I’m able to fit the Vision Pro with the battery, the Belkin carrying strap, a 24k anger battery, my 13 inch MacBook, some snacks for my flight, cables for my phone and USB-C, as well as some space for a little leftover.

VisionRex

Suspended
Feb 22, 2024
Look into a case/sling called the peak design sling in either the 6L or 10 L size. I keep my Vision Pro in the 10L sling and I’m able to fit the Vision Pro with the battery, the Belkin carrying strap, a 24k anger battery, my 13 inch MacBook, some snacks for my flight, cables for my phone and USB-C, as well as some space for a little leftover.
BOOM! @Night Spring and @GrindedDown Thank you these are going in the direction I was looking!

Reactions: GrindedDown

mdburch

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Can you use the pad that has straps to hold the controllers for the VP battery and charging block?
I don’t think the straps will stretch far enough for the batter. I use the pad for the block and the charging cable. I put the battery in the pocket in the lid. I use the dual strap so i put the knit in then cover it with the polishing cloth. I but the Pro facing the handle, so when the lid closes, the battery is over the strap, not the screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.