Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
thanks for the feedback. I think I will just order both the small and medium and return one of them as it's free returns
Returned both small and medium and went with EUCARLOS. Cannot be more than happy with the decision. All other cases available are far too bulky; this one is as compact as it can get. The silicone inserts are nice packed ins to prevent inside lens scratches (it has suction cups but you don’t have to stick them to the lens)

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpeg
    IMG_5282.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_5281.jpeg
    IMG_5281.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 236

kreasu_

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2022
How is everyone storing their AVPs at home? Right now, I have it on the platform included in the box, but I wish I could buy one of those trays like what they use to bring out the demo models in the Apple Store.
Same and same i would love a wood tray.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
There are already some interesting products on Etsy.

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
I ordered the Spigen strap to attach to the solo knit band to hold me over until there are some better options out there. Hope it's gets the knit band to be better than the dual loop band. I find that I'm wanting more cushioning on the rear of the dual loop band.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
The spigen strap works and it is an improvement in comfort but using the stock strap of the quest 3 works way better
I prefer the single loop band, gave in and bought the Spigen to see if it helps w/ the confort. Do you still use yours? Or you're pretty much using the Quest 3 band?

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
any one every use this..Ordered to see. if I like better than the Shargeek Portable Charger, Storm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYP45YV...eless&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&th=1

ive got the storm. it has a really cool look to it but its not as powerful as ankers prime 27k variant. i picked up two and two dock stations to keep the avp (and my other gadgets i carry) charged. with the prime variant, it can charge the avp a bit over 5 times on a full battery. also charges up to 26 watts...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 19.51.59.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 19.51.59.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 19.43.01.jpeg.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 19.43.01.jpeg.png
    116 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: dabotsonline

azcoyote

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Although not sold as an AVP accessory, the FlipBelt Classic running belt is a very useful accessory to have if you want to keep your AVP powered for many hours straight using a power bank. The FlipBelt is a low profile fanny pack which can be worn under your shirt. It's a tube made of stretchy polyester fabric with multiple slit openings that create four pockets for storing your iPhone, water bottle and other items you would normally have it hold during jogs and other outdoor activities. The FlipBelt has been around for many years. Quite popular with runners.
I found that it also works very well for holding the AVP battery and a USB power bank. I have the AVP battery in the left hip FlipBelt pocket and a 40,000 mAh power bank in the right hip pocket, both connected with a 3 ft USB-C to USB-C cable strung inside the FlipBelt. This setup works great! I'm able to get several hours of power before the AVP battery starts getting low and I need to shut down. Enough to get me through a workday using my AVP as a monitor replacement working remote. I have a 2nd power bank that I can swap out with if I want to keep my AVP powered even longer. I could plug the AVP battery into a power strip with the charger. But I prefer to not have the battery tethered. With the FlipBelt, I don't have to remember to unplug the USB-C charging cable from the battery if I need to get up and walk around the house wearing the AVP. It also keeps my pants pockets free. The FlipBelt Classic sells for $34 on Amazon. You can also find it in stores like Scheels and REI.

https://www.amazon.com/FlipBelt-Classic-Running-Chafing-Moisture/dp/B0CF6LYXSF

Attachments

• IMG_6407.jpeg
    IMG_6407.jpeg
    583.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6406.jpeg
    IMG_6406.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6397.jpeg
    IMG_6397.jpeg
    762.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6417.jpeg
    IMG_6417.jpeg
    695.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
I prefer the single loop band, gave in and bought the Spigen to see if it helps w/ the confort. Do you still use yours? Or you're pretty much using the Quest 3 band?
I got my Spigen band. Didn’t like it, found it more trouble than it was worth. The Velcro is really strong so getting a good fit was annoying. Returned it!

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
ive got the storm. it has a really cool look to it but its not as powerful as ankers prime 27k variant. i picked up two and two dock stations to keep the avp (and my other gadgets i carry) charged. with the prime variant, it can charge the avp a bit over 5 times on a full battery. also charges up to 26 watts...
That settles it back it goes. The Anker gets here tomorrow.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Although not sold as an AVP accessory, the FlipBelt Classic running belt is a very useful accessory to have if you want to keep your AVP powered for many hours straight using a power bank. The FlipBelt is a low profile fanny pack which can be worn under your shirt. It's a tube made of stretchy polyester fabric with multiple slit openings that create four pockets for storing your iPhone, water bottle and other items you would normally have it hold during jogs and other outdoor activities. The FlipBelt has been around for many years. Quite popular with runners.
I found that it also works very well for holding the AVP battery and a USB power bank. I have the AVP battery in the left hip FlipBelt pocket and a 40,000 mAh power bank in the right hip pocket, both connected with a 3 ft USB-C to USB-C cable strung inside the FlipBelt. This setup works great! I'm able to get several hours of power before the AVP battery starts getting low and I need to shut down. Enough to get me through a workday using my AVP as a monitor replacement working remote. I have a 2nd power bank that I can swap out with if I want to keep my AVP powered even longer. I could plug the AVP battery into a power strip with the charger. But I prefer to not have the battery tethered. With the FlipBelt, I don't have to remember to unplug the USB-C charging cable from the battery if I need to get up and walk around the house wearing the AVP. It also keeps my pants pockets free. The FlipBelt Classic sells for $34 on Amazon. You can also find it in stores like Scheels and REI.

https://www.amazon.com/FlipBelt-Classic-Running-Chafing-Moisture/dp/B0CF6LYXSF
Think the other versions of this hold the same amount of stuff?

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
I emailed Waterfield, and they said:
They’ll tell you anything to make a sale. Why would you want a crunch your $3500 product into a small case that’s made specifically to have the straps taken off. I don’t know about you, but I want to be comfortable about putting my headset away and not have to worry about it crunching. Get it try it if you don’t like it you can return it. I’ll be looking forward to your review.

AVP_NEWB

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2024
Returned both small and medium and went with EUCARLOS. Cannot be more than happy with the decision. All other cases available are far too bulky; this one is as compact as it can get. The silicone inserts are nice packed ins to prevent inside lens scratches (it has suction cups but you don’t have to stick them to the lens)
I was looking for a good compact option, and I took your recommendation for the EUCARLOS case. It arrived today, and it fits perfectly.

I did disconnect the band to reduce strain on the audio straps, but removing the band is so quick that I don't mind a bit. Keeping the whole package as small as possible was my goal, and this seems like the smallest you could get without taking the audio straps off.

There's even room in the case to tuck the charger in with the headset(I put it in a small cloth bag so that it doesn't bang around)

Thank you for the recommendation!

Reactions: g-7 and C-Dub

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I was looking for a good compact option, and I took your recommendation for the EUCARLOS case. It arrived today, and it fits perfectly.

I did disconnect the band to reduce strain on the audio straps, but removing the band is so quick that I don't mind a bit. Keeping the whole package as small as possible was my goal, and this seems like the smallest you could get without taking the audio straps off.

There's even room in the case to tuck the charger in with the headset(I put it in a small cloth bag so that it doesn't bang around)

Thank you for the recommendation!
Can you use the pad that has straps to hold the controllers for the VP battery and charging block?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.