Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I ordered both and the BnLnHOGVR is definitely going back. The material was very cheap. I liked it pockets better but the material’s quality was just too cheap. The Syntech is very nice, I just wish it had additional pockets, the only place to store the battery is in front of the screen and I’m not sure it won’t be bouncing around. I figured I would keep it to see how everything fits or until something else better pops up.

I do find it funny that you listed the exact two that I ordered 😃
what size Syntech case did you get? It seems that the small, medium, large are all advertised to fit the Vision Pro

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
what size Syntech case did you get? It seems that the small, medium, large are all advertised to fit the Vision Pro
I ordered the small but may switch to the medium. After looking at some of the reviews, I felt the small had the best fit, the review video on the medium made me think there would be too much empty space.

Reactions: C-Dub

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I ordered the small but may switch to the medium. After looking at some of the reviews, I felt the small had the best fit, the review video on the medium made me think there would be too much empty space.
I’m measuring again now, have the quest two with the adjustable headband and that is just a tad too big for the small. Will report back in a few.

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I’m measuring again now, have the quest two with the adjustable headband and that is just a tad too big for the small. Will report back in a few.
thanks for the feedback. I think I will just order both the small and medium and return one of them as it's free returns

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
thanks for the feedback. I think I will just order both the small and medium and return one of them as it's free returns

I’m thinking the Medium may be the better fit. It really needs a pocket for the battery. Ordering the medium now, and will try them both next week.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1036.jpeg
    IMG_1036.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 66

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
What you gonna do while you wait for the 40 days? Just protect it as much as possible and pray it won’t break without a storage case?
Why would it break? My Quest 3 just sits on the Meta dock and doesn’t break. I’ve had the case since day 1 and haven’t even used it yet. I figure my Vision Pro will survive, too. 😅

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I’m thinking the Medium may be the better fit. It really needs a pocket for the battery. Ordering the medium now, and will try them both next week.
I have the medium size for my kids Meta Quests. Looking at it now, and I will be surprised if the VP with Light Seal attached will fit in front of the Lens Divider. Hoping it will as it will be a great inexpensive option for a case. Will find out Feb 2nd!

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I have the medium size for my kids Meta Quests. Looking at it now, and I will be surprised if the VP with Light Seal attached will fit in front of the Lens Divider. Hoping it will as it will be a great inexpensive option for a case. Will find out Feb 2nd!
Good point, I cannot find the dimensions of the AVP anywhere. I was also thinking the battery would have to fit in front of the lens but don’t think that’ll fit either. It’s about 5.6””x2.8”x1.2”.

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
Can anyone recommend a verified TSA approved power bank? The requirements are a bit confusing when searching Amazon. Hoping to use a power bank to extend VP power when air traveling. Thanks!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Can anyone recommend a verified TSA approved power bank? The requirements are a bit confusing when searching Amazon. Hoping to use a power bank to extend VP power when air traveling. Thanks!
There’s no such thing really. Just anything under 100Wh and you’re good to fly with it.

Reactions: 4sallypat

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Any USB battery with a capacity of 27000mAh or less should be under the FAA limit (and note that individual airlines might allow larger batteries, but only up to two). Everything has to be in carry-on luggage, though.

For the Vision Pro, the battery must have a USB C output port with Power Delivery (PD) that can support at least 30W output.

Anker batteries are good.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Any USB battery with a capacity of 27000mAh or less should be under the FAA limit
That’s true. But in the name of science it’s specifically 100Wh or less. So 27000mAh is not (potentially) as helpful as depending on the voltage it’s going to be higher/lower than 100Wh. mAh x V = Wh.

27000mAh x 3.7V= 99.9Wh. Good to go. Anything higher in terms of voltage is not okay. That’s why Wh is a useful metric.

“Each lithium ion battery must not exceed a Watt-hour (Wh) rating of 100 Wh; or for lithium metal batteries, a lithium content of 2 grams.”

Last edited:
Reactions: kitt9000

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
That’s why Wh is a useful metric.
Well, yes. However, few Amazon listings show Wh, but many do show mAh (or Ah, as in the case of power tools, but those typically use 18V or 20V instead of 3.7V — and, yes, I know the funky reasons for that). For Amazon and your common consumer USB battery, mAh is arguably a “better” — although unfortunate — guide.

Awjackso

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2024
Any thoughts on using the Incase Meta Quest Pro Case? I purchased one off of Amazon for around $50. Looks like it’ll work but wanted to see what you all think.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Well, yes. However, few Amazon listings show Wh, but many do show mAh (or Ah, as in the case of power tools, but those typically use 18V or 20V instead of 3.7V — and, yes, I know the funky reasons for that). For Amazon and your common consumer USB battery, mAh is arguably a “better” — although unfortunate — guide.
Yeah, the lack of consistency is so dumb. mAh is so meaningless for pretty much everything else.

Reactions: TLewis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.