Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
IMG_1026.jpeg
Looking for a cheap alternative for the travel case, I found this one. Has anyone found a better alternative yet? https://www.amazon.com/BnLnHOGVR-Carrying-Compatible-Controller-Accessories/dp/B0CFY3M9QS

Reactions: dabotsonline

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
Bluetooth Keyboards...which one is best for AVP?

I want a keyboard that sits in my lap much like my laptop. It would need to be heavier than many I tried, because typing on my lap I like the stability that the weight of my keyboard gives me. I'd also like to have palm rests like my laptop gives me. Any suggestions?

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Can you really stay in vr past the battery capacity? I have owned 3 different vr sets and you couldnt pay me to wear it more then 40 minutes max.. There is always some form of strain on my body concerning my brain and eyes.

I would think the required breaks needed to stay healthy is the time it takes to charge that battery? Never been vr sick? It is not a fun experience....

I would imagine even just watching media will give you strain? I also hope that because the new headset resolution is so high maybe it will give less strain?

Vr Legs is real, and if you have not aquired yours dont expect to hop in for hours without barfing/spinning circles/nauseation
I’ve watched up to a 2 hr movie on my metaquest 3

LiemTa

Suspended
Jun 2, 2014
Bluetooth Keyboards...which one is best for AVP?

I want a keyboard that sits in my lap much like my laptop. It would need to be heavier than many I tried, because typing on my lap I like the stability that the weight of my keyboard gives me. I'd also like to have palm rests like my laptop gives me. Any suggestions?
Get a lap tray for the stability and put any keyboard you want on it

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
Get a lap tray for the stability and put any keyboard you want on it
Yeah...I've thinking about that. I also was thinking that perhaps I could 3D print a tray that fits the Apple Magic Keyboard as a drop-in and adds the perfect weight and palm rests.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Can I use a 3rd party battery pack or does it have to be the Apple battery pack itself?

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Part of me agrees, thinking a hard case might be the best way to go for this device.

But I think both those case options might not be deep enough to fit the vision pro.

Yeah, once I get the AVP next Friday I'll see how everything fits together to see if it could fit in either case. Ideally, I'd be able to get something to protect the main headset and have it still fit in a backpack. The Apple and Spigen cases look too big for that and even though I'm shelling out a fair amount of money for the AVP, I don't really want to pay $200 for a case.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I can’t afford accessories after this purchase lol. I’ll use what it comes with until there are workout straps ya can sweat on

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Can I use a 3rd party battery pack or does it have to be the Apple battery pack itself?
You can use USB-C battery pack that can deliver at least 20W and use it to keep the Apple battery topped off. This will extend your power on time without having to disconnect the battery to swap it out.

I will be returning mine as a 3rd party battery pack is much less than $200.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 2.31.30 PM.jpeg

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I can’t afford accessories after this purchase lol. I’ll use what it comes with until there are workout straps ya can sweat on
You can get you one of these for only 10 cents, which seems like highway robbery TBH.😉

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    594.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Haha
Reactions: 4sallypat

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
I am really curious what a case designed for the dual strap looks like - I think that one would fold up much smaller than the other one and the case could be much smaller!

realitydcf

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2014
About the Apple case. While I can see the Apple branded case as a good companion to the AVP ecosystem, I am also beginning to consider it a billboard that reads to anyone seeing it in public… “Steal me! I’m valuable!” I think I’m going to cancel my order of the case and get another battery too.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
So are there any travel cases designed with keyboards in mind? Like the Apple case, but with an outside pocket to slide in an Apple Magic Keyboard? For me I think eye tracking will be fine for basically all "cursor" input, but a keyboard is essential...and all these $200 cases just assume you'll put them into an even bigger bag. Maybe Waterfield will have something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.