Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buyers only. Are you keeping or returning your Apple Vision Pro?

• Keeping! This is what I expected or better.

Votes: 55 21.4%
  • Keeping. There are some shortcomings but I like what I see.

Votes: 80 31.1%
  • Keeping. I’m hoping to make it big on eBay in 2041.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Returning. What was Apple thinking?

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Returning. It’s a great product but I can’t justify $3,500+ for it.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Returning. I will come back once the next version reaches a price point I can live with.

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Returning. I will come back once Apple adds some feature I want, even at the current price level.

Votes: 46 17.9%

• Total voters

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
We, as users, focus so much on launch products on those elements that are not perfect or fully refined. The totality of the product for my experience is amazing and worth the price of entry. Those parts that are still amazing, such as cinema mode 3D movies, but not fully refined lend to the question of return of the product, as is the discussion of this thread. The AVP may be a "dud" for you when and if you experience it because of these shortcomings. I only suggest in my postings that you not allow the strong opinions both in favor and against to sway you in your decision if you choose to experience or purchase one. This is a very personal and potentially polarizing product.

I had a mouse package on my IIgs. It allowed GUI but was clunky, unpredictable and not very useful, but I tolerated it because it was amazing and like nothing else on the market. Even the Mac 128 was a bit of a challenge but look where it took us.
Like you, I go way back with Apple products, starting with the Apple II+. I can't think of any that were perfect on day 1, though some were close. It's both annoying and amusing how people come to this and related threads to opine that the AVP is a dud and will be canceled, as if to let those of us who are actually satisfied know they have insights we don't.

I'm well aware of the AVP's current shortcomings, but it' still worth it to me for what I'm getting out of it, and I expect that to improve as more content and apps become available. Unlike the cognoscenti who are certain the AVP has already failed or will fail, I honestly don't know. And neither do they.

If you're considering an AVP or are just curious, I encourage you to try one and decide for yourself. (The demo experience is usually too short to tell, so give it at least a week.)

Stickman251

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2024
Like you, I go way back with Apple products, starting with the Apple II+. I can't think of any that were perfect on day 1, though some were close. It's both annoying and amusing how people come to this and related threads to opine that the AVP is a dud and will be canceled, as if to let those of us who are actually satisfied know they have insights we don't.

I'm well aware of the AVP's current shortcomings, but it' still worth it to me for what I'm getting out of it, and I expect that to improve as more content and apps become available. Unlike the cognoscenti who are certain the AVP has already failed or will fail, I honestly don't know. And neither do they.

If you're considering an AVP or are just curious, I encourage you to try one and decide for yourself. (The demo experience is usually too short to tell, so give it at least a week.)
Many a day after school playing Wizardry and Choplifter on my neighbor friend's II+. Good times.

Echo all the above. It took me 5 days really to feel out this device. My wife demanded her own after 2 days and we went and picked hers up Friday. We are keeping both and use them both at work and home.

I rarely post on boards anymore because of the noise of those who have absolute knowledge and judgement typically with no experience with the product in question.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Introducing the avp 2.0. Our most tolerable goggles yet. We think you’re gonna love to tolerate it.
But to be fair, pretty much everything has to be tolerated to some degree. It’s just that the function it gives them has to outweigh it. And that equation will look different from person to person. Many people tolerate huge phablets because of the larger screen, bigger battery, etc. Other people can’t stand them.

But it might be especially true for wearables in general because you have to wear them usually for extended periods. Many people tolerate wearing AirPods Max because of the better sound quality. Others find them too uncomfortable. I personally find wearing watches annoying, but I tolerate wearing an Apple Watch because I need the haptic alerts, and overall I’m very happy with it. But when I get home I love taking it off. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad product—it just comes with the territory.

BTW, not only does tolerance differ from person to person, but also moment to moment. Sometimes depending on what we’re doing we can forget we’re wearing/holding/using a product, and in that moment we aren’t even tolerating it at all. Other times, it’s a drag.

Yes of course, the VP has a higher tolerance requirement than probably all other Apple products. And not everyone values the function it gives them enough to outweigh the trade off. But for those it does, they are overall happy to tolerate it, just like all our other devices.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
ok, can you post the workflow?

A bit more complex than just using Photos but it works.

1. Import the Photos into Lightroom, into an existing, new, or "Camera Roll" named folder

2. Create a collection with the photos you want. Check "Sync with Lightroom"

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 00.26.23.png

3. The photos will show up on the VP Lightroom App as an album whose photos can be edited

Reactions: fatTribble

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
So I tried returning my Apple Vision Pros to my local Apple Store and they claim that they cannot take it back because I began returning it and printing a Fedex label from the Apple.com store. Is that true? They say because I did that, I can only return it by mailing it back.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
So I tried returning my Apple Vision Pros to my local Apple Store and they claim that they cannot take it back because I began returning it and printing a Fedex label from the Apple.com store. Is that true? They say because I did that, I can only return it by mailing it back.
I am curious about this. Did you have a chat with customer service? Curious if once you select to mail it back, if you can change your mind and bring to store.

kalieaire

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
A bit more complex than just using Photos but it works.

1. Import the Photos into Lightroom, into an existing, new, or "Camera Roll" named folder

2. Create a collection with the photos you want. Check "Sync with Lightroom"

View attachment 2357432

3. The photos will show up on the VP Lightroom App as an album whose photos can be edited

So you're saying I have to pay for Lightroom in lieu of iCloud?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.