Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henni2016

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Can some of you with the pop up try the Apple Watch SoundRecorder and see if the playback is ok?
When the error message is displayed in the noise app, the SoundRecorder records just nothing. Playing old recordings works on the otherside, the speaker is not affected by this issue.

Stu69

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2016
London, UK
Same issue on AWU - was working fine until I made my first phone call on the watch and then showed the same issues reported throughout this thread. Just updating to 9.0.1, hoping that helps, will report back once it's finished

Stu69

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2016
London, UK
Same issue on AWU - was working fine until I made my first phone call on the watch and then showed the same issues reported throughout this thread. Just updating to 9.0.1, hoping that helps, will report back once it's finished
Normal service appears to have been restored after update, let's see how long it lasts... 🤞🏼

mysticalos

macrumors member
May 8, 2007
How about 9.0.2 released today?
It says it fixes:
  • Audio from microphone interrupted for some Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra users

aniljohn36

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
As on october 17, 2022 I’m still facing on my series 7 the intermittent issue on mic. Update didn’t help. It worked for 30mins after update. Now still has the problem. Restarting momentarily solves the issue. Any one has a solution please comment. I’m literally unable to make call and use the watch

aniljohn36

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
As on 25.10.2022 I’m stll facing the kic issue in my series 7 even after updating to latest watch os 9.1 and ios16.1. I’m submitting my watch to service centre tomorrow in india

Reactions: jaskiratgazal

aniljohn36

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
Any update?
This issue is still there which Apple couldn’t solve. They refused replacement aswell initially in India. Finally I took up with consumer rights and now apple issued me a replacement device which I’ll collecting tomorrow. Overall it was a long time consuming process.

aniljohn36

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
This issue is still there which Apple couldn’t solve. They refused replacement aswell initially in India. Finally I took up with consumer rights and now apple issued me a replacement device which I’ll collecting tomorrow. Overall it was a long time consuming process.
If you go with apple service centre they will tell you there aren’t any issue as they will check only for hardware issue. I have submitted two times to service centre before and was returned telling issue could not be replicated

jaskiratgazal

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2022
If you go with apple service centre they will tell you there aren’t any issue as they will check only for hardware issue. I have submitted two times to service centre before and was returned telling issue could not be replicated
I see, Is the replaced unit working fine, or does it also have the same issue?

jaskiratgazal

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2022
Issue not seen in replaced device
Thanks for replying. Would you mind sharing the location and name of the service center you went to for the replacement? I am also from India(Chandigarh), and maybe giving the reference of your case & details of the service center may help.

aniljohn36

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
Thanks for replying. Would you mind sharing the location and name of the service center you went to for the replacement? I am also from India(Chandigarh), and maybe giving the reference of your case & details of the service center may help.
It is not with service centre to replace the device. You have to convince the apple service team. I filed consumer complaint to get it done

rbbloom99

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2023
New Series 9 watch with ios10 installed. Having the same problem so sadly it's not fixed by software or hardware.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
I’ve been having this issue for 6 months ever since buying an Apple Watch Series 9 in October. Never had the issue before. Watch is running 10.4 and my iPhone is a 12 Mini. I’ve done multiple resets including a full factory reset + setup as new (not from a backup). I’ve visited a “Genius” twice, talked to support by phone, reported the bug to Apple, and I even had the watch finally replaced in January. Nothing has fixed it. Rebooting the watch will fix it temporarily but it always comes back. I am at my wits end.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
I think I finally figured out how to reliably reproduce this issue!

1. Add the large noise complication to a watch face. It should always show real time measurement bars when the watch is awake
  2. Restart the watch (to make sure the noise complication is working… when it stops working, the only way to restore function is a restart)
  3. Have someone call you and answer the phone call on the watch
  4. during the call, bring up the keypad and tap some numbers randomly
  5. Hang up the call and put the watch face to sleep
  6. Wake up the watch. The noise complication should show the measurement bars for a second and then it will grey out and say “measurement suspended”
I need to do more testing and I’m not sure if the phone call is necessary but it is absolutely tied to the 0-9 number pad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.