Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
just preorder through amazon. When ordering it said mid may would be the ship date, but amazon does not charge you until it ships. My account just got charged, and it says, "preparing to ship"

Interesting, I preordered this through Amazon last night, mine also has already moved to Preparing even though my delivery range isn't until May.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Interesting, I preordered this through Amazon last night, mine also has already moved to Preparing even though my delivery range isn't until May.

I noticed that. I just know amazon is really good about not charging until something ships/is about to ship. Unless this is something on spigens end, I think we may be getting it sooner rather than later.

"preparing to ship" in my experience means it is too late to cancel and will ship very soon.

edit: then again I could be thinking about actual Prime products.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I noticed that. I just know amazon is really good about not charging until something ships/is about to ship. Unless this is something on spigens end, I think we may be getting it sooner rather than later.

"preparing to ship" in my experience means it is too late to cancel and will ship very soon.

edit: then again I could be thinking about actual Prime products.

Figuring out whether I've been charged is dicey--I ordered another (instantly available) item in the same order AND applied an existing credit that covered most of the balance. That said, it does look like I have a charge for the remaining balance of the total order.

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
It is a bit rubbish that no UK companies have designed one yet. Ridiculous delivery time on nomad unless paying $40 delivery fee

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
It is a bit rubbish that no UK companies have designed one yet. Ridiculous delivery time on nomad unless paying $40 delivery fee

That's nothing new unfortunately. It's typically the American companies and US based Kickstarter/Indiegogo projects that come up with accessories for these type of devices. The iPhones and iPads are the same. It is a shame and it is annoying. I do have family in the US so I do have a way of getting these products but I really don't like to bother them all the time for stuff like this.

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
That's nothing new unfortunately. It's typically the American companies and US based Kickstarter/Indiegogo projects that come up with accessories for these type of devices. The iPhones and iPads are the same. It is a shame and it is annoying. I do have family in the US so I do have a way of getting these products but I really don't like to bother them all the time for stuff like this.

I really want the nomad stand and and the charging pod when it comes out. I don't know if to order the stand now or wait to see if an alternative in the UK comes out first. What do you think?

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
just preorder through amazon. When ordering it said mid may would be the ship date, but amazon does not charge you until it ships. My account just got charged, and it says, "preparing to ship"

Yea mine says preparing for shipment also. But I don't think they even have them ready yet.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I really want the nomad stand and and the charging pod when it comes out. I don't know if to order the stand now or wait to see if an alternative in the UK comes out first. What do you think?

I think you might be waiting a long time. Also I can't think of any local UK brands that would do quality accessories like these. If you really want them then I would suggest just biting the bullet and ordering from the U.S. Bare in mind a lot of these are projects that require funding and are small companies so even their delivery dates may well slip. Companies like Spigen and Twelve South are probably the best bet and hopefully they will have direct distribution or online and local retail store distribution here in the UK. Amazon UK already has some of their products through market place sellers and Apple does sell some Twelve South products.

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
I think you might be waiting a long time. Also I can't think of any local UK brands that would do quality accessories like these. If you really want them then I would suggest just biting the bullet and ordering from the U.S. Bare in mind a lot of these are projects that require funding and are small companies so even their delivery dates may well slip. Companies like Spigen and Twelve South are probably the best bet and hopefully they will have direct distribution or online and local retail store distribution here in the UK. Amazon UK already has some of their products through market place sellers and Apple does sell some Twelve South products.

Thanks for the advice. Considering the device was announced last September you would of thought companies would be a bit quicker than this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.