Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kppolich

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
A lot of MagSafe stuff in the house with (2) iPhones, 2 AirPods and an AW S7. Super happy with both the Belkins.
eBay score on both, so 60% off retail. Overall, very high quality, solid, heavyish base. Only complaint is I wish the cord was about 2ft longer.

1CEv5VS.jpg

4jj1qSz.jpg

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
I really like the elago Apple Watch stands. I have a bondi blue iMac one and a classic Macintosh one. Unfortunately, they don't fit the Apple Watch Ultra very well. Hopefully there will be some new stands that fit the Ultra and support the fast charging cable.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
What is the watts of the AW charger? I'm using a triple charge stand from Amazon and it takes 3 hours to charge %30. The Apple charger does it in 30 minutes. I'm trying to find a magsafe triple charger that will fast charge my watch. 3 hours is ridiculous.

gomichaelgo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
A lot of MagSafe stuff in the house with (2) iPhones, 2 AirPods and an AW S7. Super happy with both the Belkins.
eBay score on both, so 60% off retail. Overall, very high quality, solid, heavyish base. Only complaint is I wish the cord was about 2ft longer.

1CEv5VS.jpg

4jj1qSz.jpg
I had the top pic one for my watch and phone. I actually really liked it, but wanted the phone side to be able to tilt. I like to have the phone charging on my desk and be able to take FT calls on it, but the angle it's stuck at is awkward. I think that'd be a nice addition to future models if they upgrade it. I know that the most recent version added fast charging for the watch/phone which I would have liked.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK

1CEv5VS.jpg

4jj1qSz.jpg
I have both of those chargers too. Solidly built and very stable. Recommended.

Claudia P

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2016
I'm looking at charging stations after buying my first Apple Watch. I've never used the wireless charging and I am stymied by the magsafe stuff. Do you have to buy both the stand, many are quite expensive, AND separate magsafe charging disks or doe a magsafe ready stand come complete and ready to charge your devices right out of the box?

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
I'm looking at charging stations after buying my first Apple Watch. I've never used the wireless charging and I am stymied by the magsafe stuff. Do you have to buy both the stand, many are quite expensive, AND separate magsafe charging disks or doe a magsafe ready stand come complete and ready to charge your devices right out of the box?
Totally depends on the stand. Some come with chargers built in. Some just have holes and channels through which to route the wires.

The less expensive it is, the more likely you have to use your own chargers.

Here’s one I have that came with chargers. It was $99 at a Costco around Christmas.

Reactions: Claudia P

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I bought the Anker version of the belkin dock Here it works really well for charging my phone and apple watch with a space to wirelessly charge my airpods pro, had to add my own puck for the apple watch (it is the USB A cable you'd need) and the cable storage is good, the only issue I've had is with my apple watch ultra can sometimes sit a bit skewed and not charge with the wrong band (the ultra's trail loop is the worst offender).

Reactions: Claudia P

Claudia P

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2016
Totally depends on the stand. Some come with chargers built in. Some just have holes and channels through which to route the wires.

The less expensive it is, the more likely you have to use your own chargers.

Here’s one I have that came with chargers. It was $99 at a Costco around Christmas.

This will be here tomorrow, thank you very much.
I was concerned about paying that much only to find out when it got here that I needed to spend more on the MagSafe pucks

Reactions: blackjackmark

Claudia P

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2016
This will be here tomorrow, thank you very much.
I was concerned about paying that much only to find out when it got here that I needed to spend more on the MagSafe pucks
I've been using this nearly 3 weeks now and I'm perfectly happy with it. No complaints at all. Thank you again for the help.

Reactions: blackjackmark

joysmahal

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2009
Seattle, WA
Got the EWA 2-in-1 magsafe and apple watch stand. Already had the magsafe charger and the stand was only $12 during Black Friday.

Pretty happy with the stand, especially since it was cheap.

Only complaint I have is that you can't use the "Max" size iPhone in landscape mode while charging a watch. This is fine with me because I don't use standby mode anyway. I also wear my AW to sleep so rarely are both devices charging at the same time.

EWA stand 1.jpg

EWA stand 2.jpg

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
I had been using one of these, but the phone charger does not like the newer iphones with Magsafe, so it got moved to the spare bedroom. It would charge the phone if you were extremely careful about placement, but it was too much trouble to keep using.

I have had the Anker 533 for a few months now, and I have been pretty happy with it.

If Anker would just make a slight update to it for the newer USB-C fast charger for the Apple Watch I think I would buy multiple. Magnets for the airpods and high speed charging/Qi 2 for the phone would be nice but not required.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.