Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Apple Developer Presentation at NAB 2005

vouder17 said:
Well think about it..if apple would have posted apple seminars in April then we would all know that it is coming out in April....so instead they just post it a month later...

Apr 20, 2005, from 06:00 PM - 08:30 PM US Pacific

Apple is inviting select members of the video and film developer community to join us for a special presentation on how to fully leverage Mac OS X "Tiger" and Apple’s hardware product line, and better integrate with Apple's professional applications.

There's a seminar in Vegas April 20th all about Tiger.

Indo

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2005
Northern, VA
uncle_sam_ie said:
Tuesday is the fifth of April and that is the start is FOSE. Maybe Apple wants to show off Tiger to the Government sector by announcing its release.

i think that's when they're doing it. i was listening to the radio, and they said apple was going to be there but they weren't sure why.

zigziggityzoo

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Apple Did play an April Fools joke on us. For those of us that used a certain amount of bandwidth on their site by 3:30 EST (approx) we were temporarily blocked from accessing their site (i.e. it looked like the site was down). When this happened to me, I tried accessing the site via Anonymizer and I was able to access the site.

Very funny, Apple.

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
Peace said:

Apple is inviting select members of the video and film developer community to join us for a special presentation on how to fully leverage Mac OS X "Tiger" and Apple’s hardware product line, and better integrate with Apple's professional applications.

This looks like a confirmation of an announcement before April 20 to me.

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
Hmm..

6914708 said:
I can't reveal any sources, but I can tell you that I have been told from an extremely "interesting" source. The initial announcement/preorders will be this coming Tuesday, though shipments will follow soon after. I know, I was hoping for today as well, but its not that far away! *impatiently taps fingers on desk*

I always wonder were people find these "intresting sources" with spectacular 100% the truth information..

mstanisl

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2005
Michigan
Possible Tiger Release Hint

My university is having our Apple sales rep give a 'private showing of Tiger' on April 8th -- take it for what it is worth. I will let the rest of you generate the new rumors ;)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
CubaTBird said:
so where does this put 10.3.9? :confused:
Tiger, i.e. 10.4, has nothing whatsoever to do with 10.3.9.

10.3.9 is a minor upgrade for OS X 10.3, and may come before or after the release of 10.4. You may even see a 10.3.10 if they have any more issues after that.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
~loserman~ said:
I have it form an extremely reliable source that Tiger will release within 2 months.

source:Apple computer announcement :)

Thank you, that brought a big smile to my face. At a time when it is very needed.

The least that Apple could have done, would have been to release 10.3.9 on April 1st.

~loserman~

macrumors 6502a
wdlove said:
Thank you, that brought a big smile to my face. At a time when it is very needed.

The least that Apple could have done, would have been to release 10.3.9 on April 1st.

They would have but it isn't ready yet. There is some relationship between the 10.3.9 update and Xcode Tools 2.0.... That ships with Tiger. I haven't figured out what the exact relationship is maybe someone else can help.
I have noticed that there is a new 10.3.9 update on every new Tiger Seed.

d.perel

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2005
wdlove said:
Same here ( I just wasted 2 hours of my life being dragged to the movie "Callas Forever".) Unless you like depressing french chick flicks with all characters in dire need of Prozac, then I'd stay away from this film.
In regard to Tiger, I just hope that it will be out within the next, uh...well at LEAST before longhorn... :rolleyes:

expat

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2005
5th April?

Anybody checked out Macuser.co.uk front page of site reads : delayed next issue by 4 days to cover "biggest product launch of the year".
Hope this means Tiger, new hardware etc.

mickhyperion

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2004
I wonder how long before the lead rumor on the home page here will be updated or removed? It's no longer April 1st and no announcement has come. Next...!

:)

pastimes

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2005
Las Vegas
Vegas!

Peace said:

any more info on the Las Vegas seminar?

zakatov

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
South Florida
expat said:
Anybody checked out Macuser.co.uk front page of site reads : delayed next issue by 4 days to cover "biggest product launch of the year".
Hope this means Tiger, new hardware etc.

And for the next Tuesday we wait

GregGomer

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
pastimes said:

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone... infact when Think Secret first broke the story of an April Launch part of the reasoning was so it could be ready the for the NAB Conference in Vegas. Which comes as little surprise. Two of the biggest features in Tiger, QuickTime 7 and Core Video, are two things that will definitley be used by video pros in Final Cut Pro, which will most likely be announced at NAB. So as for all the video pros out there, I think it's safe to say they saw this coming and expected it. The conference on the 20th will be to see the new Apple videos products, i.e. Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Shake, Motion, and others, as well as see how new features play off the new features in Tiget, i.e. CoreVideo (that should be huge to the video world) and QuickTime 7 which has equal potential to be huge.

Greg

syoung6164

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2001
NYC
New Prediction!!!!!

I cannot mention my "source" but this one is 100% reliable. I've got good word that Tiger will definately launch before Longhorn. You can take this one to the bank!!!!

brian4610

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2005
I was a big believer that Tiger would be announced on friday, and ready for the 15th....but, now i think it might be further off then we think....why would apple let the their 29th come and go without a Tiger announcment if it was ready? Is this not one of the biggest things for apple software? it's not like apple did anything else for their birthday that they didn't want to steal the spotlight from (i.e. upgrades, ipod stuff, etc.)....I'm waitng on a powerbook purchase for a couple of weeks, and was hoping to get Tiger for free...now it looks like i'll have to shell out the $129....

puuukeey

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2004
tristate area
this rumor is TOTALLY FALSE no one in their right mind would predict an apple release on april first! what are you idiots thinking. it'll never happen!

wait......

:)
-matt

(april third)

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
Gold Coast, Australia
zakatov said:
And for the next Tuesday we wait
I know what it is-the Adobe Creative Suite 2 (the leaked Photoshop CS2 press release was dated the 4th).

Tiger-Apple would wait until next week (more media coverage).
We'll see updated iMac's, eMac's, G5's and iBook very soon maybe in late April to early May.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I had a thought this morning, that perhaps the iBooks will be getting the 12" PBs FX Go5200 64mb and the PB will get a better card (making it worthy again of the 'power' title). all to get the best power out of Tiger.

my random prediction. seems quite likely, both the iBooks and 12" PB need a video card update.

im not really one to complain, all i play is Doom Legacy :cool:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Vegas Seminar

pastimes said:

I'd love to give you more info but it came to me in an email from the developer network on 4/1.I went to the link it provided that day and it was a seminar about video and how to leverage it using Apples new Tiger OSX.A private seminar for developer members only on 4/20.It was by invitation only.They were going to have people from the video and film industry along with reps from Apple Dev team giving a presentation on Tiger and Video..
That's about it without breaking the NDA..
besides I deleted the email and lost the link :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.