Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
Richter said:
is there a preorder page for Tiger on Apple's site?

No, Tiger's release date has not been announced yet. You'll have to wait until Apple officially announces Tiger before you can preorder your copy. However, Amazon is already taking preorders.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Maybe that is the reason for Apple not to announce when expected. They wanted to be taken seriously.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
April 1 falls on a Friday, so they's just move it o'er onto a Monday t' maximize press coverage. Makes sense does it nay? If April 1st fell on a Wednesday, that'd be th' latest that Apple'd release Tiger. I`m waitin' fer Tiger just like sea dogs an' land lubbers else.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Lacero said:
April 1 falls on a Friday, so they's just move it o'er onto a Monday t' maximize press coverage. Makes sense does it nay? If April 1st fell on a Wednesday, that'd be th' latest that Apple'd release Tiger. I`m waitin' fer Tiger just like sea dogs an' land lubbers else.

Wouldn't Tuesday the 5th even make more sense. There is bound to be media coverage at Fose. Apple also seems to favor a Tuesday for announcements.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Aye, Tuesday makes sense, man. However, thar be nay reason Apple couldna release on a Monday. We`ll be havin' t' wait an' be seein'.

Rootman

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Miami
jung_offender said:
My heart bleeds for you. I just did the conversions and at £.849 per LITRE (in Newcastle, it's more down South) we are paying 6.053596 USD per US Gallon for regular unleaded.

You should see what passes for a pint in a Yank pub (imperial pints are larger).

I want to be a pirate again. I hated to leave my shipmate's behind.

paco taco mike

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2005
San Francisco
don't know if anyone has posted this yet. But on sat april 2 i noticed that compusa had taken down all their mac os x panther signs, perhaps this is a sign of things to come?

-mike

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
paco taco mike said:
don't know if anyone has posted this yet. But on sat april 2 i noticed that compusa had taken down all their mac os x panther signs, perhaps this is a sign of things to come?

-mike
CompUSA started some weekly iLife seminars on April 2, at least in our area. Perhaps that's why they cleaned up their Mac areas, including taking down the old signs.

Beck446

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2003
Rootman said:
You should see what passes for a pint in a Yank pub (imperial pints are larger).

I want to be a pirate again. I hated to leave my shipmate's behind.

I hope you realize what you just said. There's a big difference between shipmates and shipmate's in this sentence.

:D

tsunami2k3

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2005
Who's to say the shipmate's behind he had to leave was male? Maybe it was a very attractive female shipmate's behind. Which would certainly explain why he hated to leave it :)

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
tsunami2k3 said:
Who's to say the shipmate's behind he had to leave was male? Maybe it was a very attractive female shipmate's behind. Which would certainly explain why he hated to leave it :)

And who's to say "he" wasn't a "she" - in which case the gender ambiguity becomes even more interesting....

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Have you noticed.....

Have any of you guys noticed how not one of the rumor sites have been updated since Friday? And the latest was macrumors.com on friday, every other site is March 31st-back, looks like we're on top of things! Are they scared to announce they were wrong on the April 1st announcement or what? :confused:

Rootman

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Miami
Beck446 said:
I hope you realize what you just said. There's a big difference between shipmates and shipmate's in this sentence.
:D

Mind your own business or you'll get what the other cabinboy got.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Did anybody notice this "astonishing coincidence" in the comics on April Fool's Day?

Attachments

• foxtrot0401.gif
    foxtrot0401.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 181
  • getfuzzy0401.gif
    getfuzzy0401.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 175

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Doctor Q said:
Did anybody notice this "astonishing coincidence" in the comics on April Fool's Day?
Hmmm... I'm normally a big Foxtrot fan... and I don't care much for Fuzzy, but I cannot really condemn them unless I know who copied who, can I...? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.