Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jscooper22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Hi,

Bought 3 new Mac Minis for our conference rooms. I set two up without much issue.

The third, for some reason, refuses to allow Control via ARD. I have dumped ARD prefs, reset SMC and PRAM.

I can Observe. I can copy clipboard. But I cannot copy files or control the machine. All boxes are checked.

Why would it faIl on one machine. Is there another plist somewhere I can kill?

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

jscooper22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Tried that. Didn't work. But this did:

cmd-option-R restart, Reinstall Mac OS. It retains all settings and installs the OS clean (I always thought his would wipe the drive as part of the install, oh well, yay it doesn't).

ARD now controls fine.

Thanks,

Jeff

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Tried that. Didn't work. But this did:

cmd-option-R restart, Reinstall Mac OS. It retains all settings and installs the OS clean (I always thought his would wipe the drive as part of the install, oh well, yay it doesn't).

ARD now controls fine.

Thanks,

Jeff
If your problem is happily solved, adding "Resolved" preceding the title of the thread helps people to know it.
Regards
Ed

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I have a similar issue, but in a school environment. One iMac cannot be controlled via ARD. Settings are all correct. While it's great that it fixed the problem for the OP, personally I don't consider reinstalling MacOS to ever be an acceptable solution, even if it works. Too much work to get everything back to the way it was...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.