Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you sign up for public iOS 9 beta?

• Yes! On day one.

Votes: 90 53.6%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • Want to but can't install it on my primary device.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • No. I'd rather wait for polished version.

Votes: 38 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Yep. I'm running iOS 8.3 beta 2 and it's a lot less buggy than 8.1. That trend is rumored to continue with iOS 9, so I'll definitely be installing.

H3boy

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
Charlie West
I think it's going to have separate betas like they did with Yosemite last year. Developer betas and public betas. In that case I'll still test the developer betas instead of the public beta. It gets less updates than the developer betas.

If they do it this way, I think I would try the public beta. I would expect it to be more stable.

iPhone20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
If they do it this way, I think I would try the public beta. I would expect it to be more stable.

As pointed by 9to5Mac :
They will do it that way only. iOS 8.3 beta 3 for developers is 1st public beta for public and like that only. Like they did for Yosemite.

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I would only volunteer if the update process was pain free.

If your expectations are that any part of the process be "pain-free", then you should definitely not be testing beta software. Beta testing requires a willingness to live with potentially serious bugs and to deal with restores, reinstall, resets, etc.

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
If your expectations are that any part of the process be "pain-free", then you should definitely not be testing beta software. Beta testing requires a willingness to live with potentially serious bugs and to deal with restores, reinstall, resets, etc.

Maybe I shouldn't. I'm just impatient.

quackers82

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Yes i will sign up but only because i have several iPads so i don't have to use my main device for beta software.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I would only volunteer if the update process was pain free.

I just watched 50 Shades of Grey, so I've decided I would only volunteer if the update process is delightfully painful.

Where as soon as I begin installing it, the home button opens like a trap door on inspector gadget, and an :apple:Whip is revealed, which begins :apple:Whipping me.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
I'm already a paid developer, so no I won't need to sign up for the public beta.

I can't wait to see what's coming though. If it's all about bug fixes, it can only be more stable than the iOS 7 and 8 betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.