Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Apple might be doomed bc they didn't include the Airbus
[doublepost=1473304364][/doublepost]

Then I might get some. Do they work with 6S

Sorry, it was a sarcastic reply. They've just been announced and no one knows how they actually sound. I suspect they're just the regular EarPods speakers with wireless capability.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Sorry, it was a sarcastic reply. They've just been announced and no one knows how they actually sound. I suspect they're just the regular EarPods speakers with wireless capability.

Someone on here said they heard they sound like regular ear pods

:/

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Apple might be doomed bc they didn't include the Airbus
[doublepost=1473304364][/doublepost]

Then I might get some. Do they work with 6S
What is this Airbus? You should trademark that word before Apple gets it.
[doublepost=1473310298][/doublepost]
Someone on here said they heard they sound like regular ear pods

:/
Dang...and they still charging us $159 for them.
IMG_1186.JPG

Nice features they added but They need to up the Audio Quality.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The problem here is the removal of the 3.5 jack.

Many people still have headphones that use it and don't want to use the adapter.

Apple needed to have included the AirPods to fix this problem.
So people have headphones they want to use but don't want to use the adapter but somehow using other headphones would solve the issue? How does using other headphones help them use their headphones? And if using other headphones helps them somehow, they could then simply use the headphones that are included with the phone which don't need an adapter.
[doublepost=1473310534][/doublepost]
The only thing that has slipped is iPhone sales
And how does that relate to lack of a headphone jack given that all the iPhones on sale so far have one?

Also how does having witless earphones included--which is what you stated this thread about--address anything related to the headphone jack being gone?

Reactions: HEK

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I will just cut the wires off my old wired earpiece, put the tips in my ears, and talk to myself while walking around in public. No one will no the difference! ;)

willismac

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2014
Can you imagine using these things on the tube.

They will fall out all the time and will get lost so easily on a busy tube. They will not fit in ears at all.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I was under the impression no Bluetooth.

That W1 chip seemed like the only thing.
Dah.....knocks on head with cane.....anyone home?

Wireless = Bluetooth
W1 chip = low power, increased functionality, no more wait for pairing nonsense, connection to other Apple devices, watch, iPad, Mac. Accelerometers detect double tap to answer phone, Siri commands, no switches, sensors to detect when in ear, single or duel mode automatic.

Reactions: Feenician

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Can you imagine using these things on the tube.

They will fall out all the time and will get lost so easily on a busy tube. They will not fit in ears at all.

Totally. They're basically the same shape as earpods and I see those flying out of ears with explosive force on the tube all the time. Those things are taking eyes out*

*not really though. its pretty silly, isn't it

Reactions: HEK

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
"Safe to use"

Apple iPod batteries blew up and Samsung batteries get hot. Just remember that when you stick two tiny batteries into your ears.

skyehigh

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Someone really thought they would be in the box !!!! Its all about the money nothing else matters.

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah I'd rather have a case and extra chargers in the box too but it's a ridiculous fantasy that makes zero sense

Yeah but who wants the lightning ones when the wireless ones are out? Would rather get those in the box.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
"Safe to use"

Apple iPod batteries blew up and Samsung batteries get hot. Just remember that when you stick two tiny batteries into your ears.
Actually the batteries don't go into the ears. The battery is in the stem outside the ear. But always be careful with any Li Ion battery if it get really hot.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Will Airpods work with iPhone 6s and can I pair it with other devices that use Bluetooth? I question this because Airpods use special W1 chip to pair, it's still using Bluetooth connection but handshaking part is handle by W1. I want to pair it to my TV so I can listen wirelessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.