Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I’m not. While it feels the same as my previous phone, my iPhone 14 Pro Max is a nice upgrade for my wife, who doesn’t care about having the latest.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
I’m quite surprised by the number of ‘nope’. Seems like Apple nailed it with the masses. This is consistent to what I observed; the Apple Store I went to was packed to the gills with pickups in the evening around 8pm. Even the Genius Bar turned to pickup stations and there were a number of locums directing traffic in the store as well.

No doubt the 15/15 Pro are hits. I’ll be returning mine however and I’ll open a new thread to share some disappointments over the design.

FelixTheShepherd

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2022
Hmm not sure yet. I got a bigger capacity phone this year and the transfer speeds are certainly a big consideration for me. But coming from a 14 pro I am really not sure I can justify spending 1500€ on a phone right now. The phone hasn't really made an impression on me I am afraid. Same battery life, same cameras, same form factor, same design, and since the phone will sit in a case the color also doesn't really make a difference. As for the action bottom, dunno, probably a nice gimmick for a few days but honestly the placement is not great (too high on the left, can't reach intuitively while one handing it) and I don't think I will be actively using it in the future, so that doesn't help it's case.

Adding to that the accessories for the 14 pro are really cheap right now (and you can actually get apple leather cases for it lol, imagine that).

As for the USB-C situation. I think right now, for me at least, it is a hindrance since the only devices I own that use a usb-c connector are the iPad and a MBA. All my other stuff like the battery pack, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, my second personal iPhone all still use lightning. So at the end of the day I will need to carry around 2 cables, especially when I am not carrying my iPad or Mac. So it's really a weird situation right now.

I think I really have to think about it a bit more, but right now I am leaning towards returning it.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Nope. While on a basic function sense, my 12PM is still solid, I'm quite enjoying the new phone. No issues yet *knock on wood*

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Hmm not sure yet. I got a bigger capacity phone this year and the transfer speeds are certainly a big consideration for me. But coming from a 14 pro I am really not sure I can justify spending 1500€ on a phone right now. The phone hasn't really made an impression on me I am afraid. Same battery life, same cameras, same form factor, same design, and since the phone will sit in a case the color also doesn't really make a difference. As for the action bottom, dunno, probably a nice gimmick for a few days but honestly the placement is not great (too high on the left, can't reach intuitively while one handing it) and I don't think I will be actively using it in the future, so that doesn't help it's case.

Adding to that the accessories for the 14 pro are really cheap right now (and you can actually get apple leather cases for it lol, imagine that).

As for the USB-C situation. I think right now, for me at least, it is a hindrance since the only devices I own that use a usb-c connector are the iPad and a MBA. All my other stuff like the battery pack, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, my second personal iPhone all still use lightning. So at the end of the day I will need to carry around 2 cables, especially when I am not carrying my iPad or Mac. So it's really a weird situation right now.

I think I really have to think about it a bit more, but right now I am leaning towards returning it.

I totally understand your situation. I wish you would have a better experience with the 15 Pro but the 14 Pro isn’t a slouch either. Whatever decision you make it’ll be a good one. Cheers.

Zayway86

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Yes, it feels/looks "cheap" to me compared to previous pro/pro max models. I'm also disappointed in the titanium blue color; way darker than I expected and looks closer to black than a real blue to my eyes. I wasn't impressed by any of the other colors either when I saw them all in person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.