Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A1423

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2023
Honestly. If it wasn’t such a pain in the ass, I’d have to consider it. But I still probably wouldn’t, it’s not a bad phone, it cost me $200 with trade in, I can upgrade next year or the year after. And there are useful upgrades to me. In hindsight they weren’t really worth the upgrade. But I’ll utilize them
Nonetheless. This update was strictly financial for me.

Reactions: Al Rukh

A1423

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2023
You need the correct thunderbolt cable

I’m guessing this is it.

I got 5 2m charging cables and 1 Thunderbolt 4 cable. I was going to get all thunderbolt 4 cables for convenience, until I saw the price of the thunderbolt cable. I didn’t need to spent the extra money on the cable when one of those fast cables would suffice. When I get a chance I’m going to try the fast cable. It should be interesting.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
That’s unfortunate. How’s the process going?
All good. They gave me to options of exchanging or returning. After all these back cracking videos I may just return it a get one a little later in hopes they may refine the design a bit.

My 13Pm still works great. I mainly was excited about Dynamic Island. It just seems to make the phone more fun.

Reactions: Al Rukh

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I didn’t return mine. I threw it in the trash and lit it on fire. Then I threw the trash bin on Tim Cook’s front lawn.

Reactions: Trader05

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Thanks but no thanks. 15 pro is a keeper👍 I’ll stick with this one until a noticeably lighter pro comes along 😊🌸

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
I got the 15pm natural yesterday and probably exchanging for the blue or even the white. While the natural is nice and clean I liked what I saw of the blue in store.

And I go case-less and giving my 14pm to my Dad. Love the 15pm rounded edges.

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
I went from a loved iPhone X to iPhone 14 Pro last year and always hated how heavy, boxy and large it felt. The iPhone 15 Pro feels really, really good in the hand and looks amazing in natural Titanium with the super thin bezel. It being slightly narrower makes it easier to use with one hand. I am even more impressed than I thought I would be. I packed up my 14 Pro and sold it today and am not looking back. This feels like the iPhone X successor I had hoped for and that the 14 did not deliver for me.

Reactions: wingennis and RRC

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
You mean there are scratches on your phone already?
Yes. Out of the box. Scratch from action button to the volume button.
IMG_5936.jpeg

MattJH

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
You need a thunderbolt cable to achieve those speeds. The included cable is not thunderbolt

This would be a waste of money unless you have a different use for the Thunderbolt cable. In order to take advantage of the faster Pro speeds, you just need a USB-C cable with USB 3.X that can transfer 10Gbps. A Thunderbolt cable can do this because it can transfer 40Gbps, but so can a $10-$15 USB-C cable that can transfer 10Gbps.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Nope! While I loved my 14 pro max, I am really digging the quality of life improvements on this phone. I am a little let down by the phone being a bit less durable than the 13 and 14 pro max, I can live with it as I do use a case and always have applecare. Other than that, great upgrade and I am excited for the console games to launch like Resident Evil 4 and Death Stranding due to the A17. Also the camera seems to take better pics than my 14 pro max did ( not saying the 14 pro max pics were bad mind you).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.