Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irod87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Anyone had issues activating the cellular on a new apple watch today? I keep getting an error. Wondering if a reset of the watch will help.

Reactions: killawat

micr0

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Yes, same. On phone with support now. They’re trying to figure it out.

r8ders2k

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2009
Anyone had issues activating the cellular on a new apple watch today? I keep getting an error. Wondering if a reset of the watch will help.
From my experience, it seems like it happpens every year. New iPhone activations, new Watch activations, etc...

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
is this with transferring cell service from old watch. or setting up brand new watch with new cell service?

irod87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
is this with transferring cell service from old watch. or setting up brand new watch with new cell service?
old watch to new watch. I actived a phone this morning with no issue. Seeing everyone else comment makes it seem like a system issue.

Reactions: killawat

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
I spend too much of my time trying to get stuff done with AT&T. Business support is 1000x worse if you can believe that!

I spent two weeks and 11 hours on the phone trying to get ATT to move my office phone line to a cell phone when I retired. Bought a new iPhone just for this purpose. Never could get it set up and it was a nightmare. The techs are idiots!

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
I actually got it to transfer. I waited a couple hours and I guess the network wasn't getting hit as hard and managed to transfer it. Pure luck I'm guessing.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
My first with Xfinity and it went great!! Once I restarted both watches it went through perfectly. Took just a few minutes for the new one to pick up the update.

Joneszee904

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
I am transferring from my old watch to a new one and I cannot get cellular to connect. I spoke with customer service earlier and they tried to help me for several minutes, then they told me to wait for about four hours, and they think it will be easier for everything to work then. That will be around 10 PM tonight. We will see if it works.

r8ders2k

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2009
FWIW...

Well, it never fails... So, the saga is over, at least for me. My Ultra 2 and AT&T finally worked out while I was at the Apple Store, at Valley Fair, waiting to pickup my new 15 Pro Max.

Figures...

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Same problem for me. Glad I'm not the only one. I guess I'll try again now (it's been 6 hours since I first tried). I'll visit the AT&T store down the street tomorrow if that doesn't work. Waiting to set my iPhone up until this is all set.

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
Same issue here. Either the oops we suck blah blah message, a 404 error, or just a blank white screen. I loathe ATT (and every service provider ever).

jmoflhrc

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
Had the same issues moving my watch over. Tried a ton of times and it finally went through. Just keep trying if you are having issues.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Had the same issues moving my watch over. Tried a ton of times and it finally went through. Just keep trying if you are having issues.
I haven’t transferred my watch yet. If this happens to me. How do you keep trying? What step do you have to keep trying? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.