Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Every carrier offers unlimited data now bro.
Many with an included tethering option also. AT&T is not giving you anything more.
They just decided to add the feature of providing you with crappy video streaming now :D

Oh I’m aware :D

My parents like reception with att where they live

I’m flexible but my city att is best too

I’d prolly look into Verizon mvno or tmo if I moved

The crappy video is for grandfathered old school data. I don’t think it applies to Plus
[doublepost=1512859314][/doublepost]I can see att executives having weekly meetings how to screw over $30 unlimited plan people even more haha

Their most loyal longest customers are the enemy

Reactions: Applejuiced

Wags

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Oh I’m aware :D

My parents like reception with att where they live

I’m flexible but my city att is best too

I’d prolly look into Verizon mvno or tmo if I moved

The crappy video is for grandfathered old school data. I don’t think it applies to Plus
[doublepost=1512859314][/doublepost]I can see att executives having weekly meetings how to screw over $30 unlimited plan people even more haha

The most current ATT plans have Stream Saver. Trying to now include grandfathered

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Tell me about it, that's how it feels like.
Lets come up with more ways to chase away our longtime loyal paying customers. :D
They didnt even blink or care when I told them Im closing my account after being a customer with AT&T for over 16 years.
It seems like Tmobile comes out with more ways to give more to the customer and on the other hand AT&T and Verizon are looking for more waysto nickel and dime the customer and offer less for more money.

Dkoc13

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Just chatted with att and the person turned stream saver off for cause it wouldn’t let me do it personally.. god watching those videos with streamsaver on was horrendousssssssss
[doublepost=1512863018][/doublepost]
Just chatted with att and the person turned stream saver off for cause it wouldn’t let me do it personally.. god watching those videos with streamsaver on was horrendousssssssss

Ps you have to shut your phone off for 10 seconds after the person from att does the switch off

Attachments

• CE3D4C3C-2301-49E6-AEA9-AA66FC4CD745.jpeg
    CE3D4C3C-2301-49E6-AEA9-AA66FC4CD745.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 140

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
“bean counting stream saver” is still flipped off on my account for unlimited data plus we switched to likea. Year ago or something like that

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
[doublepost=1512863018][/doublepost]

Ps you have to shut your phone off for 10 seconds after the person from att does the switch off

Uhhhhh. I spoke with three people and no one could actually do it. Two of said they put in the request, while one said it would take a couple min, the supervisor said it would take 2 business days.

I just tried turning off my phone for a bit and it did nothing.

What did the reps tell you about how they disabled it? No rep I spoke with could do it either and had to escalate. This was all yesterday.

Dkoc13

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Uhhhhh. I spoke with three people and no one could actually do it. Two of said they put in the request, while one said it would take a couple min, the supervisor said it would take 2 business days.

I just tried turning off my phone for a bit and it did nothing.

What did the reps tell you about how they disabled it? No rep I spoke with could do it either and had to escalate. This was all yesterday.

Nothing I did really just went right in asked for that option on my account to be turned off and the rep said turn your phone off for 10 sec on it should reflect on your myatt that it’s off.. and sure enough she wasn’t lying lol

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Nothing I did really just went right in asked for that option on my account to be turned off and the rep said turn your phone off for 10 sec on it should reflect on your myatt that it’s off.. and sure enough she wasn’t lying lol

She got all up in that account

Account changes, even favorable ones, frighten me

I remember when they misled my mom and getting a new phone pushed us into that shared data crap. We had to fight to get grandfathered back at the time And return the Android she didn’t like

They turned off gps plan they added and in the process added some other frivolous plan when I called up lol

Fredo C

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
Mine doesn’t turn off either. I’m on the old grandfathered unlimited plan.

Dkoc13

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Chat att and hope you guys get a rep with a brain like I was lucky to have lol

CVUSA

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
This’s what I got when tried turn off ( Something not working we can’t save your new stream saver setting for this device right now .Give it some time, and try again.)
Note - I had iPhone X.
[doublepost=1512866843][/doublepost]
Chat att and hope you guys get a rep with a brain like I was lucky to have lol
Did you call them on the phone ?
[doublepost=1512867712][/doublepost]so the Stream Saver still on there , but i still can watch 1440p quality youtube video on iPhone X LTE .
[doublepost=1512867837][/doublepost]
Mine doesn’t turn off either. I’m on the old grandfathered unlimited plan.

so the Stream Saver still on there , but i still can watch 1440p quality youtube video on iPhone X LTE .

Last edited:

Dkoc13

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
This’s what I got when tried turn off ( Something not working we can’t save your new device saver setting for this device right now .Give it some time, and try again.)
Note - I had iPhone X.
[doublepost=1512866843][/doublepost]
Did you call them on the phone ?

I called first and the guy was no help he said it wasn’t working for him when he tried to turn it off. Then I chatted att and she switched it off and told me to turn the phone off wait 10 sec and it worked

CVUSA

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Thanks, I just call them no help ! But still can watch HD on youtube.

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
We have a grandfathered Promo 30GB AT&T plan at the discounted price of a 15GB plan a few years back, and I just tried and I can't turned stream saver off for any of our 11 lines. I get the "give it some time, try again later" error too.

I'd like to have one device that can stream HD and I can't turn it off, even though we'll only use about 2/3 of the data we paid for this month. I want my iPad mini 4 to be able to stream 720p, while my 5" iPhone screens would be harder to see the difference and I don't care as much.
[doublepost=1512896207][/doublepost]
Thanks, I just call them no help ! But still can watch HD on youtube.

Youtube may say it's HD and they send HD through AT&T to you, but if AT&T detects an HD stream it downgrades the video to 480p DVD quality before sending it down to your phone. You won't actually be seeing HD on your device. For me, the HD is more important on my iPad but not my iPhones which are small enough to not miss HD.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
If your just now realizing that AT&T is going to do everything possible to limit the old grandfathered unlimited plans, your in for a rude awaking. I get you want your 20%, but it’s truly not worth it anymore. I held on to mine up until about a year ago. We were get a 20% discount on a family plan, and I was the only one with unlimited data. We switch to the new plus plan, and saved money on the total bill while everyone got unlimited with tethering. You can keep finding for this plan, but this is only going to get worse.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
If your just now realizing that AT&T is going to do everything possible to limit the old grandfathered unlimited plans, your in for a rude awaking. I get you want your 20%, but it’s truly not worth it anymore. I held on to mine up until about a year ago. We were get a 20% discount on a family plan, and I was the only one with unlimited data. We switch to the new plus plan, and saved money on the total bill while everyone got unlimited with tethering. You can keep finding for this plan, but this is only going to get worse.

You might ask yourself exactly WHY is ATT so eager to get people off the GUP. All of you who claim to have a better plan with more features might want to look into the WHY.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
You might ask yourself exactly WHY is ATT so eager to get people off the GUP. All of you who claim to have a better plan with more features might want to look into the WHY.

Could you tell me? I believe these plan came into place because of T-Mobile and the competition of unlimited plans.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Still no luck. There was an app update too. Tried that too and zilch.

Anyone else have any luck in disabling this pointless feature on an unlimited plan?

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Was told in two separate chat sessions "problem solved" but it's still there. Second time was "escalated to technical support". This BS has to stop.

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
AT&T always the Wrong choice

Can you recommend where else that we can go and get 30GB family share plan for $99 after a 24% corporate FAN discount, and then add only $15/mo for each phone and $10/mo for each iPad or Apple Watch?

We have 7 iPhones and 4 iPads and 1 Apple Watch on our plan for 7 people (wife, 3 kids, mother-in-law, and my brother), so we can't do $40-$60/mo for unlimited on each device. 3 of our phones are GSM only pre-ordered from Apple to use on AT&T but unlocked and paid in full, and the other 4 are GSM and CDMA capable SIM free unlocked models.

It does look like if we switched to AT&T Unlimited Plus for all of our devices, it would cost $90/mo more and let us turn off the stream saver (uncapped data speed until after 22GB used per device). So if we needed more data that might be another way to go and get HD streaming, but we don't need either.

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html - Unlimited Plus is $115/mo for 2 or more lines + $20/line and $10/wearable. It seems like with Unlimited Choice it's capped at 3mbps and you can't turn off stream saver.

Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.16.16.png

1981d

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
If they truly turned it off, but it’s just not showing on the account, you can check fast.com to see if your video is being throttled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.