Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knownatthater

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
Saw yet another reddit post where someone who ordered on 9/22 got the device i ordered 2 weeks before mine was supposed to ship. Cancelled my preorder. Ordering from either bestbuy or costco now.

Reactions: cybermistt

PorpoiseHork

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
It really seems to be luck of the draw on when devices/orders are completed and shipped from the different vendors.

At this rate with no change to the status and knowing my luck mine wont ship till the last day of the updated estimated shipping date 10/24... Or later... :confused:

Reactions: Caitraeki

wickedrm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2021
I received my phone this morning and in the box was a label for “Parcel Return Service.” This is for returning this new device should I not keep it. There is no label for the trade in device.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I received my phone this morning and in the box was a label for “Parcel Return Service.” This is for returning this new device should I not keep it. There is no label for the trade in device.
That label is most likely your trade-in device's return label. You should keep it and the box as it was designed to be reused.

wickedrm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2021
That label is most likely your trade-in device's return label. You should keep it and the box as it was designed to be reused.
It was designed to be reused to return this new iPhone. The piece of tape they supply even says for device return.

Someone else here showed their packing slip that includes trade in shipping. Right below it was a device return line item. There’s definitely not both.

All of this, along with my experience last year when my device was lost because it was sent to the wrong place (used this same label), leads me to believe one should not use this label for device trade in. You’re gambling with your credits if you try it.

Reactions: julit0

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Saw yet another reddit post where someone who ordered on 9/22 got the device i ordered 2 weeks before mine was supposed to ship. Cancelled my preorder. Ordering from either bestbuy or costco now.
I'm thinking of going this route if I receive no update on my order by next week.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I'm thinking of going this route if I receive no update on my order by next week.
Went ahead and cancelled my pre-order. There is no reason why people who pre-ordered should be getting bypassed by people who placed orders later than you. The rep couldn't explain why that was happening and they couldn't even expedite my order after explaining to them. Terrible.

ap2992

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Went ahead and cancelled my pre-order. There is no reason why people who pre-ordered should be getting bypassed by people who placed orders later than you. The rep couldn't explain why that was happening and they couldn't even expedite my order after explaining to them. Terrible.
The same happened to me. I'll be cancelling and ordering in store today. Did the store give you an updated delivery date?

Reactions: knownatthater

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
The same happened to me. I'll be cancelling and ordering in store today. Did the store give you an updated delivery date?
I haven't gone into a physical store yet. I honestly may not be able to due to my schedule.

But the two reps that I spent my morning with kept suggesting to go to a store. one was even checking store stock for me. Maybe I will reach out and see if another rep could see if a store has stock.

Reactions: knownatthater

PorpoiseHork

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
I may do this as well as it's been two weeks now with the only action being ATT having pushed the delivery ETA back...

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
It's for the trade in...was there also paperwork explaining how to prep your old iPhone for trade in?

I've done this for a few years now and those parcel return labels are all I ever use.

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
It was designed to be reused to return this new iPhone. The piece of tape they supply even says for device return.

Someone else here showed their packing slip that includes trade in shipping. Right below it was a device return line item. There’s definitely not both.

All of this, along with my experience last year when my device was lost because it was sent to the wrong place (used this same label), leads me to believe one should not use this label for device trade in. You’re gambling with your credits if you try it.
You need to move on dude.

wickedrm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2021
It's for the trade in...was there also paperwork explaining how to prep your old iPhone for trade in?

I've done this for a few years now and those parcel return labels are all I ever use.
There was not. Even google searching this scenario will support what I am saying about these labels. It will send the phone to the wrong location.
You need to move on dude.
Excuse me? I am trying to help people not make the same mistake I did last year. It was a huge headache to get resolved.

cybermistt

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
There was not. Even google searching this scenario will support what I am saying about these labels. It will send the phone to the wrong location.

Excuse me? I am trying to help people not make the same mistake I did last year. It was a huge headache to get resolved.
😐

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I may do this as well as it's been two weeks now with the only action being ATT having pushed the delivery ETA back...
UPDATE: So after being on hold waiting for a supervisor via chat. I decided to call...and the rep was able to process my upgrade order for a 512GB scheduled for delivery by next Friday and trade-in.

I hope you guys give that a try before making the trek to a store. The rep said that the natural titanium pros had no shipping delay and the pro max in 256 had mid - end of October shipping.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I'm home from my trip, and currently setting up my new phone!!! SO excited! It is gorgeous!! Got my super loud pink leopard loopy on it, and just waiting for apps to finish loading so I can play with it!

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Every year, I always have an issue sending the trade-in phone back where ATT says they never received it. EVERY YEAR. This year, I tried going to the ATT store to return my trade-in phone and they said since I ordered it online, I have to return it with the label provided to USPS.

Reactions: wickedrm

mjb0314

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012

Here are the instructions that came with my new phone. It specifically says to use the same box with the included shipping label. Are you saying we should ignore the instructions provided by AT&T and trust a random poster in this forum?
IMG_0710.jpeg

wickedrm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2021
Here are the instructions that came with my new phone. It specifically says to use the same box with the included shipping label. Are you saying we should ignore the instructions provided by AT&T and trust a random poster in this forum? View attachment 2284867
Yes, because there is a disconnect somewhere from AT&T. In dealing with this last year, many agents on the phone iterated that using the label that comes with the phone is incorrect. Do with that what you will. Even the fact that I didn’t receive that instructional with my phone is enough to make you think AT&T doesn’t have everything together.

A separate shipping kit for a trade in is supposed to be sent.

Edit: I implore those that doubt me to search about this on the AT&T forums. It’s a rampant topic over there.

Last edited:

koolhand79

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
Yes, because there is a disconnect somewhere from AT&T. In dealing with this last year, many agents on the phone iterated that using the label that comes with the phone is incorrect. Do with that what you will. Even the fact that I didn’t receive that instructional with my phone is enough to make you think AT&T doesn’t have everything together.

A separate shipping kit for a trade in is supposed to be sent.

Edit: I implore those that doubt me to search about this on the AT&T forums. It’s a rampant topic over there.

I checked online and the tracking number on the return label that came with my 2 phones matches what it should on ATT’s site. Did u experience this as well?

knownatthater

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
UPDATE: So after being on hold waiting for a supervisor via chat. I decided to call...and the rep was able to process my upgrade order for a 512GB scheduled for delivery by next Friday and trade-in.

I hope you guys give that a try before making the trek to a store. The rep said that the natural titanium pros had no shipping delay and the pro max in 256 had mid - end of October shipping.
Good work. I should have been more aggressive. I just went with costco. Got a hundred dollar gift card and shaved a week off my wait time

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

onenorth

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2021
Here are the instructions that came with my new phone. It specifically says to use the same box with the included shipping label. Are you saying we should ignore the instructions provided by AT&T and trust a random poster in this forum? View attachment 2284867
Next Up is different from an ordinary trade. Your instructions are clear, but some folks (including me) have had less clarity with their instructions in the past. Hence, the warning not to inadvertently send the old device to the returns department instead of the trade-in partner.

What is clear is that AT&T has at least three ways of sending in a trade: using same box as new device, using a separate trade-in kit, or printing a label and using your own box. As long as one is aware of which method is being used, there shouldn't be an issue. In theory.

Caitraeki

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
I pre-ordered on September 15, got a shipping number, and it’s been stuck on Label Created since September 16. After speaking with an ATT rep I found out there’s a delay because Att warehouse is waiting on Apple to give them more phone supply to ship out. Estimated shipping is now October 12 through the 25. For reference I ordered just a regular iPhone 15, 256 gb in pink. Anybody else get the same information?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.